Hawkins vs Binghampton | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hawkins vs Binghampton

Reaction Score
I mean I've watched him play in more games than anyone on this board. His handle looks improved but it was not good just 8 months ago. Not saying that makes my opinion infallible, but it seems pretty apparent to me.

At what point today did he demonstrate great handles? I saw him run it across half court a few times and need to dump it off to Gaff or Cole + a bunch of right handed drives. He pulled up both times he went left from what I can remember (and made one).

I'd be thrilled ro be proven wrong this season though.
Seems like he comes in for Gaff or Cole and is given ball handler responsibilities. I haven't seen him look like a disaster, turn it over or even appear uncomfortable. But he hasn't been pressured much. And my viewing sample size is really small. I definitely defer to someone who's seen him play prior to UCONN.

Two things are both possible. He's worked on his handle a lot or he just hasn't been pressured enough to show his limitations. You are right, haven't seen him go left a ton. I'm right, haven't seen glaring ball handling limitations within the 20 minutes of pt at UCONN. Time will tell.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have beaten teams outside of the top 300 in the NCAA.
We should probably wait before cutting down the nets and putting Hawkins in the NBA.
I'm excited too but geez.

Reaction Score
While it's natural to feel a little Ray when watching The Hawk, the national flag blue beauty is in whatever makes him unique.

One and done sky fallers: Wish you could enjoy the ride. You'd be laughed out of my bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom