Hawkins vs Binghampton | The Boneyard

Hawkins vs Binghampton

Reaction Score
Man this kid is good. 11 points in 13 minutes on 5-8 shooting with a deep NBA range 3. He's is already looking like an NBA player with his speed and shot. I know the plan is 2 years and then NBA but I don't know if we will even have him for next season if he keeps this up and starts playing 30 MPG. Going to be impossible to keep him off the floor.

He's going to crack 30 points during a game this season and become a household name.

Reaction Score
It's been mentioned by a few people on this board that Hawkins is playing too fast.... and he is. But just barely. He's almost under complete control and still playing fast. When he gets his pace/speed/etc all dialed in he will still be playing crazy fast.... but also under control

Reaction Score
Can tell already he belongs. There's a ton of great lineup combinations already but I suspect a lot of them are going to start to include him

I want him coming in with the first wave of subs. Usually polley and Akok? He's good enough to start but no one else is performing poorly. 25mpg is a good goal.

I wouldn't mine Akok starting for Whaley however. Need his shooting and Whaley is in a funk getting the ball in the hoop

Reaction Score
Man this kid is good. 11 points in 13 minutes on 5-8 shooting with a deep NBA range 3. He's is already looking like an NBA player with his speed and shot. I know the plan is 2 years and then NBA but I don't know if we will even have him for next season if he keeps this up and starts playing 30 MPG. Going to be impossible to keep him off the floor.

He's going to crack 30 points during a game this season and become a household name.
a run of one and dones would mean a few more ships are on the way

Reaction Score
Hawkins is the real deal. Don't make fun if me, but I get Ray Allen vibes. Maybe it's the afternoon whiskey speaking though.
I just don't see the ray comparison. As a freshman Ray hit a ton of 3s and dunked a lot because we ran so well, but he was nowhere near the ball handler Hawkins is. Hawkins is pretty much a primary ball handler. Ray was never that as a college player. Certainly not as a freshman

Reaction Score
I just don't see the ray comparison. As a freshman Ray hit a ton of 3s and dunked a lot because we ran so well, but he was nowhere near the ball handler Hawkins is. Hawkins is pretty much a primary ball handler. Ray was never that as a college player. Certainly not as a freshman

This is not correct. He's a pretty limited ballhandler for a SG. He won't turn it over much but he isn't breaking anyone down like a primary ballhandler.

Reaction Score
This is not correct. He's a pretty limited ballhandler for a SG. He won't turn it over much but he isn't breaking anyone down like a primary ballhandler.
He did show the ability to be able to attack the basket though

Reaction Score
Yeah. Maybe you are right. He's definitely a better ball handler than Ray at the same point.

Who does Hawkins sub in for? Seems like Gaff and/or Cole. That's a legit question. I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
I want him coming in with the first wave of subs. Usually polley and Akok? He's good enough to start but no one else is performing poorly. 25mpg is a good goal.

I wouldn't mine Akok starting for Whaley however. Need his shooting and Whaley is in a funk getting the ball in the hoop
Yeah I'm ready to make the Akok/Whaley switch now, especially with a big stretch of games coming up. Otherwise I like the Gaffney, Hawkins, Polley subs coming later on, even though they've been playing well. Until Martin or Jackson stop hitting shots I don't think the 2/3 spots need to change in the starting lineup

Reaction Score

I’ve been saying this the past few games that I don’t think Whaley and Sanogo should be playing that much together, that line up isn’t working well for Whaley. He plays better at the 5. He really needs to square up on his layups or try to start dunking these put backs, can’t miss that many bunnies. It’s been an issue for him for awhile now.

Reaction Score
One of Whaley or Jax need to come out of the starting 5. With Jax being at least a threat to hit a 3 and another ball handler, I lean making the Whaley Akok switch. It just fits so much better. I would even prefer polley man the starting 4 spot over Whaley. We need capable shooters around Sanogo and jax

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom