Hats off to Krajewski | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hats off to Krajewski

Reaction Score
Hats off to Steve Krajewski.

We didn't get the win tonight. But the back up QB comes in, has the gameplan revamped to match the differences in his game versus the starter, and when needing a touchdown in the dying moments of the game, delivers the drive.

We're down our best receivers from injury. We're down our most recent starting QB. But we're not down heart. We're not down passion. And Krajewski delivered in a big way.

Hats off to him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow...

Not sure what games you guys have been watching but there’s a huge drop off from Phommachanh to Krajewski. I will give everyone that Krajewski is much better the Zach; but can’t compare him to Phommachanh. He had a td pass that wasnt a particularly good throw but the receiver bailed him out (so idk why people are saying if only the receivers made some plays -he also got bailed out on the go ahead drive on a bad pass that should have been picked). He doesn’t have a particularly strong arm and isn’t very accurate And isn’t very mobile. I was at the game, and once Phommachanh went down with the injury, the team played with a completely different energy - like they knew the game was over (fortunately they picked it up after a few mins). With Phommachanh starting the whole season; I believe we beat HC, beat Vandy, beat Umass and beat Yale however with him out I think we will be lucky to get 1 win (maybe Yale but I’m not very confident). Phommachanh looked good against a solid Wyoming team and was off to a good start against vandy - Krajewski hasn’t looked all that impressive against Vandy and UMass so unless Phommachanh comes back health, I’m not very confident we get a win this year. At this point I would run an option offense like army, at least till Phommachanh gets back. On a positive note; Carter looks really good so hopefully he stays - also like some of the receivers we have and hopefully we can return them as well.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not sure what games you guys have been watching but there’s a huge drop off from Phommachanh to Krajewski. I will give everyone that Krajewski is much better the Zach; but can’t compare him to Phommachanh. He had a td pass that wasnt a particularly good throw but the receiver bailed him out (so idk why people are saying if only the receivers made some plays -he also got bailed out on the go ahead drive on a bad pass that should have been picked). He doesn’t have a particularly strong arm and isn’t very accurate And isn’t very mobile. I was at the game, and once Phommachanh went down with the injury, the team played with a completely different energy - like they knew the game was over (fortunately they picked it up after a few mins). With Phommachanh starting the whole season; I believe we beat HC, beat Vandy, beat Umass and beat Yale however with him out I think we will be lucky to get 1 win (maybe Yale but I’m not very confident). Phommachanh looked good against a solid Wyoming team and was off to a good start against vandy - Krajewski hasn’t looked all that impressive against Vandy and UMass so unless Phommachanh comes back health, I’m not very confident we get a win this year. At this point I would run an option offense like army, at least till Phommachanh gets back. On a positive note; Carter looks really good so hopefully he stays - also like some of the receivers we have and hopefully we can return them as well.

You're yapping about a TD pass that a receiver bailed him out on during the UMass game. Next time, do yourself a favor and look at the date stamp on a post. You'll realize that my post was before the UMass game.

Read harder...

Reaction Score
I think these QB discussions have a lot of assumptions built in… Here is my take - it’s to early to tell but we should know more when Tyler Phommachanh comes back.

1) Jack Z played the worst I’ve ever seen a QB play but honestly, seeing the Randy Edsal Dark cloud effect, and the poor decision making by Steve K with the interceptions - I’d like to see Jack get a half against Yale. Jack did play against top teams as well.
2). Steven K (who I was beginning to like) throws way to many int’s to lay absolute claim to the position. Please remember with him leading the offense, we lots lost by double digits to the 2nd worst team in football. He played horrible as did the team. Let’s not sugarcoat that loss like some have.
3) Tyler has put us in position for us to win but still needs to lead us to a victory to lay claim to the Starting position. We kicked way too many field goals again Wyoming. In retrospect, his play doesn’t make him a lock at QB either but he is most promising of the 3 by far.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we have now lost to teams across the spectrum. QB play has been part of the problem (not all.). Split halves with the healthy quarterbacks, maybe there will be less injuries this way and we can see who wants to the starting job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom