Hats off to Krajewski | The Boneyard

Hats off to Krajewski

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hats off to Steve Krajewski.

We didn't get the win tonight. But the back up QB comes in, has the gameplan revamped to match the differences in his game versus the starter, and when needing a touchdown in the dying moments of the game, delivers the drive.

We're down our best receivers from injury. We're down our most recent starting QB. But we're not down heart. We're not down passion. And Krajewski delivered in a big way.

Hats off to him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Well said.

A lot of the debate re: Steven Krajewski or Tyler Phommachanh is so difficult to prove in any way as to who is better but there's no doubt that both are / will be worlds better than Zergiotis who should never have been starting for any FBS football team.

I saw a lot of potential with Steven Krajewski today just like I saw a lot of potential for Tyler Phommachanh against Wyoming and in the second half against Army. Both have made this offense somewhat watchable and able to score a TD when we need it (both had amazing TD drives right at the end of close games). They're definitely different styles and I wish them both success.

Based on what we saw from Tyler Phommachanh (in a full leg brace, non-contact injury, etc) I'm guessing Steven Krajewski will be getting the starts for the rest of the season so it might be a moot point regardless.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree and I am still flabbergasted with the people in the chat who said Jack Zergiotis should get put in after Steven Krajewski struggled on the first few drives.... seriously was just smdh......no offense to the kid, probably a great guy. But he should never be starting for this team ever again. Anyone who thought he would have done better than Steven Krajewski after those first few drives was drinking something heavy.

Reaction Score
I agree and I am still flabbergasted with the people in the chat who said Jack Zergiotis should get put in after Steven Krajewski struggled on the first few drives.... seriously was just smdh......no offense to the kid, probably a great guy. But he should never be starting for this team ever again. Anyone who thought he would have done better than Steven Krajewski after those first few drives was drinking something heavy.
Three plays into the game and the haters threw him under the bus. In fact, they are still saying he’s terrible and not an FBS quarterback. LOL

Steven Krajewski made a few mistakes (as did other members on the team) but he showed leadership and talent and brought the team back to a lead with about a minute left in the game. Great job Huskies I’m not giving up.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski has some real learning to do. He is not nearly as quick at reading as Tyler Phommachanh, but that may come with more reps. He definitely can do the job for us.

Reaction Score
I'll repeat what I've said a couple other times about Steven Krajewski.
That drive to go ahead was reminiscent of the drive he lead his HS team on in the Georgia State Championship game. Length of the field in about a minute to go ahead and then the defense couldn't hold the other team.
Nate Carter sure showed special ability throughout the game and that helps the QB look better too.

Reaction Score
I said in chat that his first couple series looked bad because of a little bit of rust and the game plan needed to be tweaked. Second half if his receivers had made the catches that would have been a comfortable win for UConn.

Reaction Score
Which means he'll get a positive Covid test and miss the UMass game, right?
Anything is possible with the way things have been going for that kid. It seems he just can’t catch a break.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, the kid is a gamer. When the game was on the line he drove his team down the field and ran it in himself. I do feel like circumstances have conspired to keep Steve off the field. Well, he’s getting his chance now. I’ll be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Anything is possible with the way things have been going for that kid. It seems he just can’t catch a break.
We know for sure he's starting next week against UMass. Best case scenario for Tyler Phommachanh is its a strain and he's out til November. Worst case is a tear and he doesn't come back until maybe mid season 2022.

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, the kid is a gamer. When the game was on the line he drove his team down the field and ran it in himself. I do feel like circumstances have conspired to keep Steve off the field. Well, he’s getting his chance now. I’ll be rooting for him.
He did the same thing in the state championship game in Atlanta. Had he been treated fairly and coached properly who knows what could’ve been. At least moving forward we have two capable QB’s

Reaction Score
Once he got settled in really turned it up. Mistakes were made but can be corrected in film. He’s clearly a pass first run second. I don’t think he took a sack seeing it is he ended with positive yards. Givin the circumstances we are proud of our packet alumni. Hopefully with a week of preparation and better coaching he can deliver you guys a win like do many he delivered for us. Btw total flash back to the state title when he drove the team down the field to go up by one only to lose by two points off a defensive penalty and field goal. Two different games years apart almost identical outcome

Reaction Score
I agree. I don’t know the extent of his injury against Purdue, but I have noticed he’s in a knee brace now. I’m sure he’s missed some practice from that as well as less reps from being with the backups. To be throw in with little warning, knowing the starting job is on the line, is stressful enough. Coupled with less reps leading up to the game I fully expected a shaky start until the nerves settled. Just like when he went in against UCF, shaky start and then gradually began to perform as the rust came off. Very satisfied with his arm strength and mobility.

Reaction Score
I'll repeat what I've said a couple other times about Steven Krajewski.
That drive to go ahead was reminiscent of the drive he lead his HS team on in the Georgia State Championship game. Length of the field in about a minute to go ahead and then the defense couldn't hold the other team.
Nate Carter sure showed special ability throughout the game and that helps the QB look better too.
That last drive was bailed out by an impossible catch by Clercius on 4th and 18. following a horrible grounding penalty by K, who is a junior at this point. We had posters killing Tyler Phommachanh, a true freshman, for less boneheaded plays. That's probably why he didn't win the job over a less skilled player in Jack Zergiotis.

K has ability but he doesn't play with the assuredness of Tyler Phommachanh or Jack Zergiotis. I think that's why he didn't beat out Jack Zergiotis in camp for the job.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think many of you are being a little unfair to Jack Zergiotis. He had to QB under Edsall. Maybe that slow plodding style didn't suit him and he'd be much improved in this new offense. The Vandy QB allegedly wasn't doing well in his new system.
If nothing else he's a Husky and a kid! You can pump up your guy without crapping all over him.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski gave us a great game yesterday. We might have lost, but it is that we don't have a winning mentally yet. A few dropped passes, but Steven Krajewski and the receivers will get used to one another.

I wonder how many QBs Randy sent into the portal. Tim Boyle transferred to EK and he's now in the NFL. I wonder if he hated Tim...and why.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski gave us a great game yesterday. We might have lost, but it is that we don't have a winning mentally yet. A few dropped passes, but Steven Krajewski and the receivers will get used to one another.

I wonder how many QBs Randy sent into the portal. Tim Boyle transferred to EK and he's now in the NFL. I wonder if he hated Tim...and why.

LMFAO. You need to stop seeing Randy Edsall in your sleep before your stupidity blocks you from simple tasks in life like driving and sleeping.

1. Boyle played under P and Diaco and transferred under Diaco.
3. When Sheriffs went down against Houston in Diaco’s 6-6 year, Boyle got his second chance. Three and a half quarters against Houston in a huge win. And he was God awful.

Edsalll 2.0 was a disaster and it’s good for everyone he’s gone. But that does not make him responsible for Vietnam and the Hindenburg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I not sure some why so many fans have an all or nothing view of our quarterbacks. Its been repeated over and over again here, that if you good competition at the position, that means you don't have a good starter. Yet, year in and year out we have injuries at the position and are forced to go to the next guy. I think that Tyler Phommachanh with his read option skills gives us the best chance to win. However, Steven Krajewski has some skills that are better than Tyler Phommachanh and I look forward to his improvement as the season goes on assuming that he plays the next couple of games. Hopefully, he leads us to our first win next week. I also think Jack Zergiotis ( as our 3rd option) would be better than some people believe if he got a chance to play in this offense. Its hard for any quarterback to be successful in a Edsall's slow plodding and very predictable offense that runs two times up the middle for little gain and then be force to make a great third and long pass time and time again. Spano's offense takes advantage of the skills of the players that he has on the roster. We don't have those big blocking tight ends that Edsall's offense required, but we have a guy at that position that throw a pretty good pass.

Reaction Score
I not sure some why so many fans have an all or nothing view of our quarterbacks. Its been repeated over and over again here, that if you good competition at the position, that means you don't have a good starter. Yet, year in and year out we have injuries at the position and are forced to go to the next guy. I think that Tyler Phommachanh with his read option skills gives us the best chance to win. However, Steven Krajewski has some skills that are better than Tyler Phommachanh and I look forward to his improvement as the season goes on assuming that he plays the next couple of games. Hopefully, he leads us to our first win next week. I also think Jack Zergiotis ( as our 3rd option) would be better than some people believe if he got a chance to play in this offense. Its hard for any quarterback to be successful in a Edsall's slow plodding and very predictable offense that runs two times up the middle for little gain and then be force to make a great third and long pass time and time again. Spano's offense takes advantage of the skills of the players that he has on the roster. We don't have those big blocking tight ends that Edsall's offense required, but we have a guy at that position that throw a pretty good pass.
If you have 2 quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks. Really you can’t have too many.

Reaction Score
If you have 2 quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks. Really you can’t have too many.
I also think that in today's read option spread offenses that its a crime not to have at least 2 dual threat quarterbacks on your roster. We only have one ( there was a rumor that Leon was an effective read option quarterback but I can't buy into that until I see it on the field).

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski settled down after looking completely spooked early. Let's give him a few weeks and see what happens with reps and as his head catches up with game speed and progressions. Jack would have probably looked better early but the Coach needs to take a longer view.

Reaction Score
K put the ball right in Jeffreys hands behind the defense. One of the better throws of the season. A TD if he holds on. Jeffreys dropped it. K is clearly the most accurate thrower on the team. But as the announcers said at Army, our guys take turns making costlly mistakes.

I do feel bad for the puma. You could see him improving before our eyes. But he did miss an open Carter for a TD on the opening drive and missed an open Turner in the middle of the field with nothing but grass in front of him on the second drive.

But both QBs should get some time. If the offense is stalled, a QB change can be a spark. That you can only have one QB thing is an NFL thing. One year Cinny made it to the Orange bowl with a guy who opened the season 5th on the depth chart. And college coaches often have a wildcat QB, something you almost never see in the NFL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom