Hats off to Krajewski | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hats off to Krajewski

Reaction Score
I not sure some why so many fans have an all or nothing view of our quarterbacks. Its been repeated over and over again here, that if you good competition at the position, that means you don't have a good starter. Yet, year in and year out we have injuries at the position and are forced to go to the next guy. I think that Tyler Phommachanh with his read option skills gives us the best chance to win. However, Steven Krajewski has some skills that are better than Tyler Phommachanh and I look forward to his improvement as the season goes on assuming that he plays the next couple of games. Hopefully, he leads us to our first win next week. I also think Jack Zergiotis ( as our 3rd option) would be better than some people believe if he got a chance to play in this offense. Its hard for any quarterback to be successful in a Edsall's slow plodding and very predictable offense that runs two times up the middle for little gain and then be force to make a great third and long pass time and time again. Spano's offense takes advantage of the skills of the players that he has on the roster. We don't have those big blocking tight ends that Edsall's offense required, but we have a guy at that position that throw a pretty good pass.

Truth. The entire team was pitiful around Jack Zergiotis. The entire team is playing better now. While that has been with both Tyler Phommachanh and Steven Krajewski at the helm, it's not like their weaknesses don't show along with their strengths. I'd need to see Jack Zergiotis play with the current version of UConn to be convinced that he's truly levels below the other two. It's not like Jack Zergiotis wasn't better than he showed this year two years ago.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is going to be one of those years where we play multiple qb's. Everyone has had a shot now and it is up to injuries at this point. I wonder if Leon gets healthy enough and is needed to contribute.

Reaction Score
That last drive was bailed out by an impossible catch by Clercius on 4th and 18. following a horrible grounding penalty by K, who is a junior at this point. We had posters killing Tyler Phommachanh, a true freshman, for less boneheaded plays. That's probably why he didn't win the job over a less skilled player in Jack Zergiotis.

K has ability but he doesn't play with the assuredness of Tyler Phommachanh or Jack Zergiotis. I think that's why he didn't beat out Jack Zergiotis in camp for the job.
He didn't beat out Jack Zergiotis in camp because HCRE2.0 is a fool. You do realize that the pass was on target and gave him a chance to make a great catch.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hats off to Steve Krajewski.

We didn't get the win tonight. But the back up QB comes in, has the gameplan revamped to match the differences in his game versus the starter, and when needing a touchdown in the dying moments of the game, delivers the drive.

We're down our best receivers from injury. We're down our most recent starting QB. But we're not down heart. We're not down passion. And Krajewski delivered in a big way.

Hats off to him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow...
Hey happy birthday Dan! I wish the guys could given you a win, but they came close.

Have a great one!

Reaction Score
LMFAO. You need to stop seeing Randy Edsall in your sleep before your stupidity blocks you from simple tasks in life like driving and sleeping.

1. Boyle played under P and Diaco and transferred under Diaco.
3. When Sheriffs went down against Houston in Diaco’s 6-6 year, Boyle got his second chance. Three and a half quarters against Houston in a huge win. And he was God awful.

Edsalll 2.0 was a disaster and it’s good for everyone he’s gone. But that does not make him responsible for Vietnam and the Hindenburg.
Sorry, I thought FHCRE did. My mistake.

Reaction Score
Good comments on Jack Zergiotis perhaps not getting as good an offensive scheme to work with, but still he played pretty poorly. Lot of Tyler Phommachanh "is way better" talk so thought would look at UConn QBR ratings and opponents to see if makes any sense.

UConn:

Jack Zergiotis 7.9
Tyler Phommachanh 35.4
Steven Krajewski 51.4

Some Opponents (not HC or Army)

FS 66.3
Purdue 64.6
Wyoming 44.0
Vanderbilt 27.5 (not sure fair as against Georgia had a .6 so maybe kid is better than this)
UMass 17.1 (is #122 out of 125 shown)

QBR highest is 91.9 this year and FS kid at 66.3 is #43. Average is a little less than 60. As you can imagine lot of this is related to how good or bad your team is and whether you've had some talent mismatches as opponents; but it does reflect so level of "performance by the numbers".

Jack Zergiotis stands out as low. Includes FCS game but also HCRE2.0 game coaching. All 3 have low volume of plays so not as meaningful as guys who have played 6 games.

Did seem like FS and Purdue were best QB's seen to date. Not sure Vanderbilt rating fair how Georgia kills opponents.

Sure hope UMass QB lives up (or is it down) to his ratings. Yikes, UMass had 134 yards last game and were 1-12 on 3rd/4th downs.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the kid coming in and playing ok. I’m not on the Steven Krajewski bandwagon as are others, but he’s serviceable. Bad throws throughout, incl on last 2 pt play. Yes, there were drops, But we roll over vandy with Tyler Phommachanh under center.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the kid coming in and playing ok. I’m not on the Steven Krajewski bandwagon as are others, but he’s serviceable. Bad throws throughout, incl on last 2 pt play. Yes, there were drops, But we roll over vandy with Tyler Phommachanh under center.
Watch the games again. Throwing is a major weakness of Tyler Phommachanh at this point. He’s great, exciting to watch and will be awesome in due time, but Steve is way better throwing the ball. I had to rewatch the games and rewind over and over, but I came away confident that Steve is just as capable of winning as Tyler Phommachanh and maybe more so, because he is more careful with the ball. Tyler is being forgiven for very sloppy play because he’s such a breath of fresh air. The stats and a review of tape show Steve is just as good in his own way.

Reaction Score
I did. I’m not seeing it. He did fine and that’s what you want for a 2. I’m happy for the kid getting a shot and as a fan I’ll pull for him.

Reaction Score
I did. I’m not seeing it. He did fine and that’s what you want for a 2. I’m happy for the kid getting a shot and as a fan I’ll pull for him.
Look at Tyler Phommachanh’s numbers and actual completions. There is plenty to like but it is mostly potential at this point.

Reaction Score
He had to put that ball in the receivers chest. It was definitely poorly thrown but still catchable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One thing was certain from yesterday. There is no buzz in the huddle or on the field between Steven Krajewski and rest of the offense. Energy and body language are poor in the huddle and between plays.

Reaction Score
This is a thread I did not expect to see…. Please remember we played the 2nd worst team in football yesterday. When Steve threw the interception before halftime whlie we were up by 3, I was like who does this? What QB in their right mind throws a risky pass right before the half up by 3.

I am in the camp that our receivers on the whole are one of the shining points of our teams.

Steve K is a nice kid but to me, he looks more like a back up QB than ever before.

I never thought I would ever say this but start splitting halves again with Jack Z. Let’s see how Jack does with Randy‘s terrible Karma all around him.

Reaction Score
This year is gone. Maybe we beat Yale. The new coach needs to get a quarterback from the portal next year. Tyler P needs to develops as a passer. Maybe he doesn’t. But you can’t win without a comment quarterback and right now we don’t have one.

Reaction Score
Based on the level of our competition and performance yesterday, I am for splitting time between Jack Z and Steve K for the remainder of the season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is a thread I did not expect to see…. Please remember we played the 2nd worst team in football yesterday. When Steve threw the interception before halftime whlie we were up by 3, I was like who does this? What QB in their right mind throws a risky pass right before the half up by 3.

I am in the camp that our receivers on the whole are one of the shining points of our teams.

Steve K is a nice kid but to me, he looks more like a back up QB than ever before.

I never thought I would ever say this but start splitting halves again with Jack Z. Let’s see how Jack does with Randy‘s terrible Karma all around him.
WR's have been brutal all season dropping easy passes which would be TD's. Def not a bright spot.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

This thread was started after last weeks game…

Reaction Score
There is no buzz in the huddle or on the field between Steven Krajewski and rest of the offense. Energy and body language are poor in the huddle and between plays.
That's what Edsall stressed when he supported Jack Z as the starter-- even after his flawed play on the field. Jack, said Edsall, had the leadership/bully pulpit style that the team needed.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski's biggest problem is that he stares down receivers on almost every pass play. All the defenders have to do is watch his eyes and they can almost make a play every time. I think Steven Krajewski has been bailed out a few times because our receivers are getting open preventing the secondary from watching Steven Krajewski.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And on a least one occasion stared down a defender and then hit him in the numbers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's what Edsall stressed when he supported Jack Z as the starter-- even after his flawed play on the field. Jack, said Edsall, had the leadership/bully pulpit style that the team needed.

I didn't see much emotion between Jack Zergiotis and the offense either. And being that Jack Zergiotis's physical skills as a QB were seriously lacking I tried to look for any connection between Jack Zergiotis and his teammates. Never stood out in the huddle or the sidelines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom