Hannah Hidalgo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hannah Hidalgo

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Continuing on your point in the last sentence the Uconn/Notre Dame game could be a big factor in both Paige's and Hanna's rank and reputation, probably more so for Hannah. I personally think both that Paige is an AA lock and that Hannah is the real deal and a big time star.

The Uconn game, however, is a major league test for Hildago. Not just because of the level of the competition, but because of the guards Uconn can assign to guard her. Between the two time big east defensive player of the year in Nika, and a super quick defender like KK, and even possibly some of the time Paige, Uconn has better weapons to defend her than almost anybody.

I don't know how that will turn out, but if Hildago has great success against those defenders her status as a big time star will be cemented, and the remaining doubters will fade away. As for AA I think three seniors are a lock, Bueckers, Clark and Brink. JuJu probably is too. Then it could be another big like Lee, Cardosa etc or a smaller player like Hildago IMO.

Lee may have put up the best overall numbers, Hildago may have been the most impressive, and Cardosa is the best player on the best team. You could make a good case for any of them and also have 2/5th's of the second team among those players.
I've also posted that both coaches will use "quantity (of guards) to develop quality" of defense. Like you say, Geno could (should?) rotate guards on Hidalgo to give her different looks and wear her down. Muhl is a tenacious defender and KK Arnold -- who will be juiced to go against a fellow frosh -- has intent and speed. Maybe Paige for a bit, but I'm not sure you'd want to wear out your most important offensive player chasing an energizer bunny.

In the same manner, expect Coach Ivey to mix it up on Ms. Bueckers. If it's man-to-man, I think KK Bransford will be inserted early. Or, Ivey just might throw caution to the wind and have Sonia Citron cover her. Since this is Notre Dame, you can also expect them to fall into a zone, whether it's 2-3 or match-up, which can be a tad more flexible against outside shooting.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not over JuJu.
All due respect, any of the metrics have Hannah clearly better than Juju at this point in the season. What are you basing your view on or is it simply your opinion?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I've also posted that both coaches will use "quantity (of guards) to develop quality" of defense. Like you say, Geno could (should?) rotate guards on Hidalgo to give her different looks and wear her down. Muhl is a tenacious defender and KK Arnold -- who will be juiced to go against a fellow frosh -- has intent and speed. Maybe Paige for a bit, but I'm not sure you'd want to wear out your most important offensive player chasing an energizer bunny.

In the same manner, expect Coach Ivey to mix it up on Ms. Bueckers. If it's man-to-man, I think KK Bransford will be inserted early. Or, Ivey just might throw caution to the wind and have Sonia Citron cover her. Since this is Notre Dame, you can also expect them to fall into a zone, whether it's 2-3 or match-up, which can be a tad more flexible against outside shooting.
I am torn selling my tickets at $300 per seat or going to the game but I will say, Hannah will still do Hannah things regardless of who UConn puts on her, the bigger issue for ND is how to get balance in their offense. I do think Citron can be shut down and as noted numerous times, your post play is lacking for scoring. UConn needs to limit the turnovers, which is a Hildago specialty.

From a PR perspective, this game can elevate Hannah to 1st team AA status as despite her stats saying she is, the media still is biased so let them see her in a national spotlight game. Same kind of goes for Aaliyah who is on the outside of the WBCA 10 member squad at the moment (Pili, Brink, Reese, Kitley, Lee and Cardoso as forwards).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anyone doubting Hidalgo won’t be after that performance. No chance there are 5 players having a better season than she is so far.

I wasn't planning on going to the ND game when they play in Durham in a few weeks, but I may put it on my calendar so I can see her in person. I'll still be rooting for Duke of course

Reaction Score
When/if Miles comes back, ND would have best backcourt in the country, probably by far. And would be as good as any team except maybe SC

Reaction Score
When/if Miles comes back, ND would have best backcourt in the country, probably by far. And would be as good as any team except maybe SC
Not this year, but next year for sure!

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Not this year, but next year for sure!
Yeah...apparently Gus/White said Miles advised them she won't be playing this year.

But next year, she'll join HH and Citron in a three guard offense that will be...well, golden

Reaction Score
Yeah...apparently Gus/White said Miles advised them she won't be playing this year.

But next year, she'll join HH and Citron in a three guard offense that will be...well, golden
And Westbeld will be back. She played great tonight.

Reaction Score
Anyone doubting Hidalgo won’t be after that performance. No chance there are 5 players having a better season than she is so far.
Lest we forget, Hannah had 31 vs. South Carolina, so we certainly can dispense with the notion she might not show in the big games.

Reaction Score
Clark, Bueckers, Brink for sure... Either Pilli or Watkins for the last spot.
I think it will come down to: Hidalgo, Clark, Brink, Lee, & Pilli in my opinion.
Maybe Cardoso gets in over Lee, I am torn between the two for the post player of the year.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

It’s going to be a major adjustment bringing her back though. Both her and Hidalgo are very ball dominant point guards so adjusting to sharing the rock more will likely have some growing pains. If they can figure it out thought they’ll be incredibly good. Especially with Koval coming in the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
I wasn't planning on going to the ND game when they play in Durham in a few weeks, but I may put it on my calendar so I can see her in person. I'll still be rooting for Duke of course
Looking forward to seeing Kara’s defensive scheme that game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Lest we forget, Hannah had 31 vs. South Carolina, so we certainly can dispense with the notion she might not show in the big games.
Besides the 34 points, she also grabbed 10 rebounds and dispensed 6 assists -- twice as many as anyone else on the court.
Plus, she played all 40 minutes and had a plus/minus of 15. This Domer is beaming....:D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think it will come down to: Hidalgo, Clark, Brink, Lee, & Pilli in my opinion.
Maybe Cardoso gets in over Lee, I am torn between the two for the post player of the year.

Who is Lee?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom