2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths at todays game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths at todays game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bowen is best friends with Karaban and Griffiths... I'd find it hard to believe that he'd commit elsewhere if both Karaban and Griffiths are Huskies
Except the three of them are somewhat overlapping in terms of position and so gotta wonder about whether there's enough minutes to go around for all three.

Reaction Score
I don't see the overlap, and they have all been on the court at the same time on occasion with Expressions, although mostly Bowen & Griffith played in their age group. Griffith sees himself as a shooting guard, which is zero overlap to Bowen or Karaban. Bowen is transition & speed, Karaban is efficiency, power, and creates plays with passing. The overlap with Bowen would be to Samson Johnson, but by 2023 Akok's spot should be open.

Keep in mind that Clingan is also friends with Bowen, not just Karaban and Griffiths. Obviously, Bowen is a friendly guy, but he has said that will not be as big a factor as people seem to think.

Reaction Score
I don't see the overlap, and they have all been on the court at the same time on occasion with Expressions, although mostly Bowen & Griffith played in their age group. Griffith sees himself as a shooting guard, which is zero overlap to Bowen or Karaban. Bowen is transition & speed, Karaban is efficiency, power, and creates plays with passing. The overlap with Bowen would be to Samson Johnson, but by 2023 Akok's spot should be open.

Keep in mind that Clingan is also friends with Bowen, not just Karaban and Griffiths. Obviously, Bowen is a friendly guy, but he has said that will not be as big a factor as people seem to think.
I hear you but I still think they are somewhat overlapping - at least Karaban and Griffiths being average athletic ability guys that like to shoot from distance or knife their way into the lane. I'm not saying they can't co-exist but I'm not convinced they're different enough roster construction-wise that it'd be a great mutual fit.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Interesting article but I am starting to see a recruiting trend emerging again. Long beanpole guys. This seems somewhat counter intuitive with the roughneck play (and ref cooperative) I am seeing in the Big East. If these guys lack the speed and athleticism of AJ and toughness of Tyrese to take it to the hole or rebound , I don't see how they fit well with a transition oriented offense and tough defense (shot blocking, rebounding). It would seem to be having one of these guys as a catch and shoot guy is enough, not a whole team of them.

Reaction Score
Interesting article but I am starting to see a recruiting trend emerging again. Long beanpole guys. This seems somewhat counter intuitive with the roughneck play (and ref cooperative) I am seeing in the Big East. If these guys lack the speed and athleticism of AJ and toughness of Tyrese to take it to the hole or rebound , I don't see how they fit well with a transition oriented offense and tough defense (shot blocking, rebounding). It would seem to be having one of these guys as a catch and shoot guy is enough, not a whole team of them.
It's hard to question Coach Hurley's recruiting strategy. I don't see the long beanpole guys you are talking about. Clingan, Karaban, CFjr certainly aren't. BTW most everyone is going to lack the speed and athleticism of AJ and while TM is on tough sob I think the 3 recruits I mentioned are not going to be intimidated. I just wish Griffiths would commit already.

Reaction Score
Assuming they all commit to UConn, Hurley could make it work by playing smaller.

We mostly play with two big-men on the court at all times. It has yet to be seen if we play big because of Hurley's style or because that is what our personnel warrants.

Reaction Score
It must be my very advanced age, in reading the above article it seems the Huskies barely received an honorable mention from TB. Does he have any measurable interest in UConn?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It must be my very advanced age, in reading the above article it seems the Huskies barely received an honorable mention from TB. Does he have any measurable interest in UConn?
We seem to obviously be lacking behind. A Griffiths commitment might change that though.

Reaction Score
how many times has ed beaten out hurley for a recruit since he's been at UConn?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
how many times has ed beaten out hurley for a recruit since he's been at UConn?
Doesn’t matter. Bowen has ties to PC, was just at their game, and wants to officially visit again. They’re a major threat for him.

Reaction Score
UConn: “I’m from Connecticut, so it’s my hometown school. It’s only about 40 minutes away, which is appealing. Obviously, UConn has a great history with them winning national championships. That’s appealing too. They think that I would be impacted well with the way they teach defense and their toughness. I know coach (Dan) Hurley brings out toughness in people. I think that would be a good thing for me.”

Check out what he says about PC. I get the sense UConn isn't recruiting Bowen any more.

Reaction Score

Great game to have recruits at impressive crowd and fun game. Imagine them going to the XL for the Swiss cheese 9K versus Creighton lol.

Reaction Score

1644259031670.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member