2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths at todays game | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths at todays game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
XL looked like a morgue tonight.
I know it was a blowout but they showed the entire crowd with a few minutes left and it seemed very empty even for the circumstance:

Reaction Score
XL looked like a morgue tonight.
Should be a long awaited wake up call to the athletic department. Hopefully they’ll finally answer and put their face to the fire. So much ground to make up to galvanize the fan base

Reaction Score
Like many others, we bought tickets to the Butler game when it was scheduled as a Saturday game. Unfortunately, we cannot make weeknight games due to work. Called UConn ticket office regarding game swap, but they made no attempt to be flexible here, instead suggested reselling them ourselves. When that's the response with multiple groups of fans, playing against a marginal opponent, you're going to see a lot of empty seats.

Reaction Score
He went to a summer camp I worked at for 3 or so years. Knowing his family, the kid is going to make the right decision for his future. Attention on visits, co-eds, etc. aren't going to make the difference. He'll go to whatever school he feels comfortable and will get him to the next level. Whether he'll be in national flag blue or something else remains to be seen, but I think we can be confident some late-comer with a flashy OV isn't going to win this one.

Reaction Score
Fantastic atmosphere for him to experience.
it if had been at gampel when the students were around i'd agree. odd game to send two highly coveted recruits to imo.

Reaction Score
it if had been at gampel when the students were around i'd agree. odd game to send two highly coveted recruits to imo.

Basketball schedules are jam packed right now with all the delayed games and cancellations. This might be the only game they COULD get to without missing games or practices.

Reaction Score
Like many others, we bought tickets to the Butler game when it was scheduled as a Saturday game. Unfortunately, we cannot make weeknight games due to work. Called UConn ticket office regarding game swap, but they made no attempt to be flexible here, instead suggested reselling them ourselves. When that's the response with multiple groups of fans, playing against a marginal opponent, you're going to see a lot of empty seats.
I had a meeting that I could not miss. Tried friends, relatives and co-workers and nobody wanted the tickets. I have great seats in sec 111. Started at 30 each and eventually lowered to 9 and no sale. So my seats were empty. Just couldn’t make it last night

Reaction Score
I was at game and our season tickets are across from the UConn bench. Noticed a team dressed in red sitting behind UConn bench. I was using men’s room at halftime, and a young man dressed in red was behind me. Turned and asked him where they were from. He says Kingsford. I ask him if his name is Gavin. He says yes, and I tell him I hope to watch him play in future at UConn. He smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

Weird put true story. Figured I would share

Reaction Score
Yeah, Gavin plays for the Kingsford Briquettes.
AllProducts_with_briqs_Original.png

Reaction Score
I was at game and our season tickets are across from the UConn bench. Noticed a team dressed in red sitting behind UConn bench. I was using men’s room at halftime, and a young man dressed in red was behind me. Turned and asked him where they were from. He says Kingsford. I ask him if his name is Gavin. He says yes, and I tell him I hope to watch him play in future at UConn. He smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

Weird put true story. Figured I would share
All good recruiting stories happen in either the bathroom or the car wash so I hear

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think with Covid and so much uncertainty kids are more likely to just decide to stay home.

Reaction Score
You guys are idiots. This was a rescheduled game to a Tuesday night, coupled with vaccine cards to gain entry. And we had more of a crowd presence vs Butler then we did against St Johns.

We literally sold out at XL vs. Providence and the place was louder than any Gampel game since Florida in 2014.
If you think the Providence game was that loud you might need to get to more games. FL 2019 and Houston 2020 games were 1000% louder than the Providence game.

And for those who compare Gampel to XL I hope you realize it's really comparing apples to oranges. 99% of the best games since 2012 have been at XL. Hard to compare UConn vs. St Johns during the middle of the week to say Providence on a Saturday afternoon.

I expect the Xavier game at Gampel this year to be the best overall crowd. Even better than the Nova game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well, I know I’m a lot of things. Idiot, however, isn’t one of them. And I really dislike casual name calling on the ‘yard. Despite the ridiculousness of this board, I’d like to think that mutual respect still has potential here, based on our shared passion point.

I’m not arguing over “crowd presence”. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of bodies in the building. But I maintain that it was like a morgue. Absolutely dead, unenthusiastic crowd.
You were called an idiot because that was a terrible, un-insightful take.
If you think the Providence game was that loud you might need to get to more games. FL 2019 and Houston 2020 games were 1000% louder than the Providence game.

And for those who compare Gampel to XL I hope you realize it's really comparing apples to oranges. 99% of the best games since 2012 have been at XL. Hard to compare UConn vs. St Johns during the middle of the week to say Providence on a Saturday afternoon.

I expect the Xavier game at Gampel this year to be the best overall crowd. Even better than the Nova game.
I was at both those Gampel games - was not louder than the PC game a few weeks ago. Villanova will likely be the loudest game - but who knows I could eat my crow. Xavier isn’t really an attractive opponent when compared to Villanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom