2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths at todays game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths at todays game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HOW CORONAVIRUS PLAYED AN ASSIST

Pikiell and assistant Brandin Knight worked hard to keep Omoruyi at home and they may have gotten an assist from the coronavirus pandemic.

Omoruyi, who was born in Nigeria, said the coronavirus helped him make the decision to stay close to home to Roselle Catholic, where has played for three years, as opposed to going halfway or all the way across the country.

“The coronavirus helped me with my decision because it made me realize I don’t want to go too far away and be away from the people that care about me,” he said.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse and Georgetown games in 1990 were incredible. I suggest to the youngsters here to go to UConngames.com and watch these games to see what Huskymania was like then. The whole state was into it.
I was at the 2/10/90 return game at the Carrier Dome. Drove up 91 from school in Binghamton with friends. I was dressed head to toe in UConn gear, hoping for the season sweep. Cuse won 90-86 and I was soaked by two beers thrown at me by Syracuse fans. But had a blast on Marshall Street after the game. That was such a fun year to be a Huskies fan.

Reaction Score
The loudest the HCC( XL) ever was was during the 1990 Dream Season during the Syracuse/Georgetown back to back wins. Literally felt like the building was shaking. if you were there you know. If you weren't I wish you were.

Also it was very loud during the 1st half of the January 1997 game against No. 1 Kansas. Great atmosphere.

My hope is we get a few more of these at both venues.
You're right. I brought guests to the Georgetown game and the place was delirious because of our fast start and the whole essence of back to back beatings of two great teams.
Electric, to describe the atmosphere, comes to mind...........

Reaction Score
The loudest the HCC( XL) ever was was during the 1990 Dream Season during the Syracuse/Georgetown back to back wins. Literally felt like the building was shaking. if you were there you know. If you weren't I wish you were.

Also it was very loud during the 1st half of the January 1997 game against No. 1 Kansas. Great atmosphere.

My hope is we get a few more of these at both venues.

This 100% CC.... GTown was just so over the top loud. Had the real fans as you know (plenty of Meridenites right? Lol) and the place was crazy loud all game.

And Kansas with Rip at the point as Ricky and Kirk were in trouble, that game was absolutely crazy as well. 2 of the best ever good call.

Reaction Score
This 100% CC.... GTown was just so over the top loud. Had the real fans as you know (plenty of Meridenites right? Lol) and the place was crazy loud all game.

And Kansas with Rip at the point as Ricky and Kirk were in trouble, that game was absolutely crazy as well. 2 of the best ever good call.
Was at that Kansas game. Crowd was bananas. Rash and Rip both played well. Ended up losing but we had them on the ropes in a big way. First half was complete bedlam.

Reaction Score
Was at that Kansas game. Crowd was bananas. Rash and Rip both played well. Ended up losing but we had them on the ropes in a big way. First half was complete bedlam.
This was my first game ever. Sat 2 rows behind the Kansas bench for some reason.

Reaction Score
I'm only basing this on the highlight but Griffiths comp appears to be more Polley than Martin.

Reaction Score
I'm only basing this on the highlight but Griffiths comp appears to be more Polley than Martin.
I'd agree with that and add that Karaban and Griffiths are more old school basketball players (a la Havlichek) versus Martin who's much more athletic.

Reaction Score
for those who have seen both, how do Karaban and Griffiths compare to Tyrese?
can they play tough underneath like TM? ball handling better/worse? thanks

They're both much better than Rese was in high school. But compared to his skillset NOW:

Rese is a much better athlete and defender than both. By far.

I think we can project them to be higher volume 3 point shooters at a good %. OBviously, Rese has developed into a good shooter, but they are both much better shooters than he was in hs.

Karaban probably has a comparable (ish) handle, Griffiths likely has a slightly better handle than Rese.

Griffiths is not tough underneath at all--relatively frail. I would expect that once Karaban adjusts we can expect some toughness underneath. He isn't as athletic though, so we might not see him getting the same reboudning #s as Rese.

Both are way better FT shooters than Rese.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Looks like pc might actually be making some headway with Bowen ( would be a huge get for them and the league if they can pull it off). Don’t know how likely it actually is with all the blue blood interest he has, but obviously makes it even more important to get Griffiths.

Reaction Score
Looks like pc might actually be making some headway with Bowen ( would be a huge get for them and the league if they can pull it off). Don’t know how likely it actually is with all the blue blood interest he has, but obviously makes it even more important to get Griffiths.
Bowen is best friends with Karaban and Griffiths... I'd find it hard to believe that he'd commit elsewhere if both Karaban and Griffiths are Huskies

Reaction Score
Bowen is best friends with Karaban and Griffiths... I'd find it hard to believe that he'd commit elsewhere if both Karaban and Griffiths are Huskies
One of several dream scenarios. Is Justin Edwards still in the mix, as well?

Reaction Score
. My bad. Obviously he plays for Kingswood. Maybe subconsciously I was thinking that he usually is on fire when he is shooting 3 pointers
I knew a guy who called the school Kingsford-Oxwood. Was never sure if he was kidding or not.

Reaction Score
Grain of salt-- FWIW--Pretty sure Griffiths went on a visit to PC with Bowen.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
In fairness to you, I wouldn’t know the difference between kingswood-Oxford and kingsford-oxwood.

I knew a guy who called the school Kingsford-Oxwood. Was never sure if he was kidding or not.

I’m not local but I’ve never actually done that, but wouldn’t surprise me if I did, even in the future. They both sound reasonable lol

Reaction Score
Unclear because there's so many kids on that Brewster team we could be recruiting.
I'm with you.. Very quiet re: TBB.. Brewster and other places. Wild guess on my part but it seems like he's into Kentucky and Duke.. Just me.. We seem to be onto guys who have a game that is more refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom