From the guy who brought you “Hassan Diarra reminds me of Taliek Brown” I have another scorching hot PG take. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

From the guy who brought you “Hassan Diarra reminds me of Taliek Brown” I have another scorching hot PG take.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yeah but the point is you said he's getting benched even when he's performing. In that 5 game sample you mention he's scored 3 points. Not per game, total. He's been a total non factor and can't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 right now.
His performance of late seems to me a cumulative effect over the course of the season. To me, all of the bench and the starters time should be analyzed. At least he is and has been a steady defender which is more than you can say for the other guards. I actually believe that with solid defense (get more turnovers and runouts) and better passing movement of the ball (Sanogo) we could get better
shots. Our offense and defense look more and more like they just happened instead of planned and executed. Agree with others about sitting people who are consistently screwing up. If you continue to do the things you've always done you'll continue to get what you've got. There is no excuse for not defending and there is no excuse for failing to pass (Sanogo) when you don't have the shot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Edit: Better picks by the 4/5s on the floor with Newton would do wonders for his ability to get to the hole more consistently.
This.

Better picks by the 4/5s on the floor would also help free up Hawkins et al for threes.

Reaction Score
With all the complexity and diversity of opinion here, and the baffling underperformance or non-performance of many of the guards, as a last resort , might it not be helpful to involve a sports psychologist to work with the team to figure out the answers?

The team had hired one in past seasons during the pre-season.

Maybe the SP could shed light on the problem and offer possible solutions?

Or if not, a volunteer from the BY? :D

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With all the complexity and diversity of opinion here, and the baffling underperformance or non-performance of many of the guards, as a last resort , might it not be helpful to involve a sports psychologist to work with the team to figure out the answers?

The team had hired one in past seasons during the pre-season.

Maybe the SP could shed light on the problem and offer possible solutions?

Or if not, a volunteer from the BY? :D
I wonder if this guy is still around.

Reaction Score
Well none of our players had the ball hit them in the groin and knock them to the ground, or have 3 collided with each other for a rebound lost to the other team, but maybe they are imagining themselves in a boat at sea gently rocking and are putting themselves to sleep.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom