From the guy who brought you “Hassan Diarra reminds me of Taliek Brown” I have another scorching hot PG take. | The Boneyard

From the guy who brought you “Hassan Diarra reminds me of Taliek Brown” I have another scorching hot PG take.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can Joey C start at PG for us? Everyone is saying Diarra should start over Newton but I’m not convinced Joey C isn’t a better option. Obviously he is a better shooter and has shown an ability to get to the rim and either finish or find the open guy. Y’all will say defense but NO ONE is playing any sort of defense. Joey has good length and a knack for deflections. Just think it may work?

Reaction Score
Can Joey C start at PG for us? Everyone is saying Diarra should start over Newton but I’m not convinced Joey C isn’t a better option. Obviously he is a better shooter and has shown an ability to get to the rim and either finish or find the open guy. Y’all will say defense but NO ONE is playing any sort of defense. Joey has good length and a knack for deflections. Just think it may work?
Might as well give it a try

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can the NCAA open up the portal for mid season trades? PLEASE

Reaction Score
I have had the same thought. The other options are just not working. I would start JC and see what happens. I think the key though is to get Newton right. He's our only long term chance, but the short term is painful.

Reaction Score
He has shown good court vision through some of his passing. You never see him bringing the ball up though. Any event I think he needs more minutes as the first guard off bench. I think with 20 minutes a game you’ll get those 2-3 difference-making threes and someone who can make a free throw.

Reaction Score
I’ll go on record as saying that I’m not part of the “everyone” mentioned above. I believe that despite his flaws, Newton gives us the best chance to win of the options available. He needs to step up and play to his potential. We’ve actually been pretty good starting games, it’s how we finish which has been the problem.

Reaction Score
Need to plant inception on Newton every night and show him highlights of guards driving the ball…he can do it, but only chooses to do it 2-3 times a game. It’s a mystery as to why he doesn’t do it more

Reaction Score
Joey C is not big enough to get past Guards 1 on 1. He needs screens to catch and drive.
Unfortunately, we already have a few players like that. He just won't solve the issue. I do not think he's capable of bringing the ball up the court under pressure.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Newton was arguably the best player we had on the floor in 2nd half. He got screwed on a bad charging call. He got screwed on a no-call while his wrist was being grabbed. He got to the line three times, made all six shots. Overall accounted for eight of the anemic 26 points in 2nd half.

If he can continue to do that for an entire game instead of retreating into a shell, he's still the best PG option IMHO.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Need to plant inception on Newton every night and show him highlights of guards driving the ball…he can do it, but only chooses to do it 2-3 times a game. It’s a mystery as to why he doesn’t do it more
He got boned with a brutal slide under charge call that was the final deflation for the team. I’d love to see him play more like Richmond and drive with the intent to get fouled.

Reaction Score
Boards well too. But gets sliced up on the shoulder.

Reaction Score
I’ll go on record as saying that I’m not part of the “everyone” mentioned above. I believe that despite his flaws, Newton gives us the best chance to win of the options available. He needs to step up and play to his potential. We’ve actually been pretty good starting games, it’s how we finish which has been the problem.
At the end. This is the truth. I love that he “looks@ like he’s having fun. But we need some game face on Newt. He’s not too fast nor strong but still should be doing way more including with playing a mark Jackson game. Why us a guard his size lacking a post up/back down offense?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we just break all the rules and bring in Stephon early?
Makes sense that the staff pressed him a bit to see if he would be interested in coming in early.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Newton was arguably the best player we had on the floor in 2nd half. He got screwed on a bad charging call. He got screwed on a no-call while his wrist was being grabbed. He got to the line three times, made all six shots. Overall accounted for eight of the anemic 26 points in 2nd half.

If he can continue to do that for an entire game instead of retreating into a shell, he's still the best PG option IMHO.

Agreed with this - he was on an island in the 2nd half. Nobody helping bring the ball up and he was getting blanketed the entire time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom