OT: - Former Huskies in NBA preseason | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Former Huskies in NBA preseason

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Andre continuing to impress everyone. The bucks fans are already in love with him .
Was sitting in a brewpub here in the middle of nowhere 2 weeks ago and the guy sitting next to me said to the bartender he's from Milwaukee and a huge Bucks fan. I told him to be ready to love Andre Jackson Jr. He said he's never heard of him. I left it at that.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Jackson starts 2-3 from three.
Missed his next 5. Wild to see him take 8 in a game. 20 minutes is a great sign though.

Reaction Score
Hawkins 1-8 last night, Sanogo DNP-CD, Andre did play 20 minutes and scored 12 but shot 5-13.

He’s earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, I couldn’t watch but I’m assuming the coaching staff told him to look for his shot a little more. He’s not the guy to take 13 shots outside of the gameplan

He scored 12+ points five times in his 3 years at UConn. I know it’s preseason, but good to see his offense is opening up more

Reaction Score
Hawkins 1-8 last night, Sanogo DNP-CD, Andre did play 20 minutes and scored 12 but shot 5-13.

He’s earned the benefit of the doubt at this point, I couldn’t watch but I’m assuming the coaching staff told him to look for his shot a little more. He’s not the guy to take 13 shots outside of the gameplan

He scored 12+ points five times in his 3 years at UConn. I know it’s preseason, but good to see his offense is opening up more

I would imagine the Bucks staff wanted to challenge Andre by telling him to go and get his shot at will. No way that happens in regular season games.

Bucks are a good staff for Andre. Should be able to focus on development.

Reaction Score
I would imagine the Bucks staff wanted to challenge Andre by telling him to go and get his shot at will. No way that happens in regular season games.

Bucks are a good staff for Andre. Should be able to focus on development.
His form does look different. My biggest issue was that his elbow was almost 90 degrees from his body when he started his gather. From the clips I saw last night, it’s closer to the body now. Still very much a work in progress, but you’re spot on that the staff is working on him well.

Kemba also had an elbow issue on his shot. Fixing it did wonders for his shooting. Obviously not apples to apples to Andre, but that Milwaukee staff is on it. I’m really excited to see what Andre looks like in a few years

Reaction Score
His form does look different. My biggest issue was that his elbow was almost 90 degrees from his body when he started his gather. From the clips I saw last night, it’s closer to the body now. Still very much a work in progress, but you’re spot on that the staff is working on him well.

Kemba also had an elbow issue on his shot. Fixing it did wonders for his shooting. Obviously not apples to apples to Andre, but that Milwaukee staff is on it. I’m really excited to see what Andre looks like in a few years
There should be more uses for apples to andre

Reaction Score

My issue was nothing was consistent in his shot. Release point, pick up, dip, and especially his lower body were always changing.

Ball close to the body is a really good cue to keep a consistent lift.

I desperately want Andre to get over this scoring hump. He'll be a 10+ year player if he does. He's got all the rest.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
His lower body looks more connected. Way too early though, he's only taken 7 threes this preseason.
I’ll never expect him to be a good 3 point shooter. But a stroke like this at a 30% clip is all he needs to see plenty of playing time because of his elite D, passing and rebounding. Very happy for him - and I’m sure working with Dame and Middleton has helped his form & confidence.

Reaction Score
Brimah gets a little burn with the Nugs. Surprised no mention. Unless I just missed it which is very possible.

Reaction Score
Yeah he did that similar play vs. LIU with a behind the back instead of a Euro.

Wow! That was an offensive clinic. I remember a couple years prior how unimaginable UConn's offense was and how difficult it was for them to score. Fast forward a couple of years later, watching those clips from the LIU game was a nice reminder of how good last year's team was on the offensive end of the floor.

Reaction Score

Sad to see, but feels like the end of an era for Rudy. Shot the ball under 40% over the course of his two years in Utah, and finished last year shooting 25% from three. I was hoping he could stick around in Golden State and get some open looks to turn things around.

I guess there's always a chance he ends up on the end of the bench for somebody since there's not a lot of guys approaching 20 years of experience in the league.

Reaction Score
Brimah was waived by the Nuggets as well. It's been a gloomy few days. Jeremy Lamb was waived by the Kings as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel like Tyrese could dominate a game, scoring, defense, rebounding and get released the next day. NBA can be pretty blind to keeping guys who can play a bit but won't be starters on the bench over guys who maybe, possibly, might become more than that, but can't do anything now.

Reaction Score
I came to the forum thinking I would find a thread called "Uconn players to watch as NBA season begins". Should a new one be started for that? Thanks for the info in this thread. Sad to see the news about Tyrese. What is Bouk's status with Charlotte?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom