OT: - Former Huskies in NBA preseason | The Boneyard

OT: Former Huskies in NBA preseason

Reaction Score
A spot to discuss the former Huskies fighting for roster spots and rotation minutes on NBA teams right now.

- Jeremy Lamb is back with the Kings with a non-guaranteed/training camp deal

- Rudy Gay had 4 pts and 4 rbs in a Warriors win over the Lakers

- Tyrese Martin had 4 pts 4 rbs and 1 ast in a Wolves win over the Mavs

- Jordan Hawkins has an opportunity for big minutes with the Pelicans with Trey Murphy out for a while with a knee injury

-Bouknight sprained his knee in Training camp and is listed as Day to Day

-Andre Jackson and Adama face off today at 1pm. Andre Drummond is also with Adama on the Bulls.

Reaction Score
Jackson could really carve out a role this season. That's awesome. Hawkins is on a very deep team so he's going to have to make shots when he gets in...not an easy ask if the minutes are limited. I believe Adama could get a chance in the second half of the season, possibly taking over Drummond's backup role, especially if Chicago is out of the playoffs. I think Bouknight is done, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
When asked in a media session following Thursday’s practice what he had seen from the young players on the roster in the first few days of training camp, Brook Lopez’s mind immediately went to Jackson.

“I mean, ‘Dre is ridiculously athletic,” Lopez said. “He’s been great. Crashing the offensive glass, contesting shots defensively, just making himself felt, which is pretty atypical for a rookie. And obviously, he can finish pretty well too (laughs).”

“He plays within himself, very smart,” Griffin said. “If he’s open, he’ll shoot it. If not, he doesn’t try to force shots. He attacks the rim. He attacks the O-boards. And then he just loves defense. It’s hard to find guys that love defense the way he does. With his athleticism, he just finds a way to impact the game, and that’s all you have to do, especially with this roster. … I thought he did that. Really good plays that he made, drives, finishes. I think he’s going to be a special player before it’s all over.”

Reaction Score
Jackson could really carve out a role this season. That's awesome. Hawkins is on a very deep team so he's going to have to make shots when he gets in...not an easy ask if the minutes are limited. I believe Adama could get a chance in the second half of the season, possibly taking over Drummond's backup role, especially if Chicago is out of the playoffs. I think Bouknight is done, unfortunately.
Trey Murphy (Pelicans' designated shooter) got injured during a workout and will be out, or limited, for the start of the season. They should rely heavily on Hawkins early to fill that role. He needs to make his shots to make a lasting impression

Reaction Score
Sanogo played against Jackson in that game, too. He didn't get into the game until 8 min left in the 4Q. He's pretty unlikely to make the day 1 roster since Drummond came back. He'll be up and down to the G League.

He did have 4 points on 2/5 with 4 rebounds in 8 min against Bucks deep bench.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hawkins game is just not meant for half court iso stuff. He’s much better within the confines of a movement orchestrated offense and in transition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom