For those calling for Ollies head | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those calling for Ollies head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree but this is sooo Sophie’s choice. Love and believe in ko but man. I said we would have our fair share of bad losses this year. So here ya go. My pearl of optimism? Adams. His tragectory is identical to bazz. Remember his junior year? Hero ball. Bad leadership. Bad shots. Bad attitude? We lost an entire team this years and got these guys in. This is the new guys first taste of adversity. Let’s see what happens. We still have s 20 pt loss to Tulsa or Tulane coming. But tournament is in Texas.
Bazz could shot and was more of a leader. Even as a junior.

Reaction Score
Did it? They should be getting the death penalty for what went down there.

I heard UNC would get the death penalty. It didn't happen. Yes this is the FBI but I'll believe Louisville will be punished when I see it.

As long as Louisville is in the ACC, it worked for them. They hired 2 of scummiest coaches possible and it got the job done.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We all love Ollie, but he is not the best Coach in the land. He may be the best available right now (in season), but let's not get it twisted. We are his first Coaching job, keep that in mind.
Loved him as a player, not as a coach. I can't take the "Woe-is-me" face any longer. I prefer listening to games on radio or following in chat to seeing that hopeless expression.

Reaction Score
It was Uconn in the old big east.

Do 4 National Titles really mean NOTHING to a potential coach? And not 4 National titles in the 70s, all since 1999?

I understand losing Big Monday and MSG/BET is devastating, but could you imagine a school that won 4 National Titles in football since 1999 not being somewhat attractive to a COMPETENT head coach? I can't.

Reaction Score
That's a blue glasses take. Our basketball brand has taken a huge hit. Academics and history don't mean much. Our facilities were in dire need of an upgrade before the Werth Center got built, but they're not head and shoulders above the schools we want to compete with or anything.

I don't disagree but its not like we've been a paper tiger the past few decades. There is still a solid foundation to build upon.

Reaction Score
Only thing that could help UConn is our brand hasnt diminished completely, and the AAC is looking up. We also have some solid pieces that can play alright with good coaching.

Reaction Score
I heard UNC would get the death penalty. It didn't happen. Yes this is the FBI but I'll believe Louisville will be punished when I see it.

As long as Louisville is in the ACC, it worked for them. They hired 2 of scummiest coaches possible and it got the job done.

And you'd be okay with UConn winning that way?

OK, I think we're done here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ollie is bleeding us to death. I don't care if we use a generic band aid to stop it.

Well yeah, you have to, but potentially mitigating damage (with a couple of the names bandied around, I don't know if they'll even be at an Ollie level) is a far cry from improving the status of the program.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well yeah, you have to, but potentially mitigating damage (with a couple of the names bandied around, I don't know if they'll even be at an Ollie level) is a far cry from improving the status of the program.
Luckily for us, the Yard isn't making the hire. Regardless, KO has the rest of the season to show he can coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Seems to be. Perhaps

How many goshdarn times do I have to type that I'm okay with Ollie being fired even if the replacement is a net zero or negative for it to get through you idiots' thick skulls?

Do I want them to win that way? No.

But it worked for Louisville.

Please point to any and all evidence you have that the University of Connecticut stands any chance of running afoul of the NCAA without receiving punishment.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This is the hill you've climbed: URI could hire a coach as good as Danny Hurley, but UConn can not.

That is a dumb hill to die upon, son.

Reaction Score
How many goshdarn times do I have to type that I'm okay with Ollie being fired even if the replacement is a net zero or negative for it to get through you idiots' thick skulls?

Please point to any and all evidence you have that the University of Connecticut stands any chance of running afoul of the NCAA without receiving punishment.
Lol you set yourself up for it with the sarcasm for the last year

Reaction Score
That doesn't hold as much water elsewhere as it does within the fan base.
It does. When you bring kids in on recruiting trips and they look up at player/championship banners it excites them. Don't get me wrong we aren't going to win over recruits vs. Kentucky, Duke, Kansas etc. But the name still means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom