For those calling for Ollies head | The Boneyard

For those calling for Ollies head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree but this is sooo Sophie’s choice. Love and believe in ko but man. I said we would have our fair share of bad losses this year. So here ya go. My pearl of optimism? Adams. His tragectory is identical to bazz. Remember his junior year? Hero ball. Bad leadership. Bad shots. Bad attitude? We lost an entire team this years and got these guys in. This is the new guys first taste of adversity. Let’s see what happens. We still have s 20 pt loss to Tulsa or Tulane coming. But tournament is in Texas.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That Oregon game was a c--k tease. It got us dreaming that we're back as a strong program. Oregon is not very good and we are going to be very bad. This is the worst loss I can remember.

Reaction Score
Whom do you replace him with that has a realistic chance of bringing this program back to where it needs to be? Is it a guy who isnt going to jump ship to the NBA after winning for a few seasons?

Matt Lottich Valparaiso's coach, Erick Konkol Lousian Tech's head coach, and Steve Pikiell would be 3 I would interview

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I agree but this is sooo Sophie’s choice. Love and believe in ko but man. I said we would have our fair share of bad losses this year. So here ya go. My pearl of optimism? Adams. His tragectory is identical to bazz. Remember his junior year? Hero ball. Bad leadership. Bad shots. Bad attitude? We lost an entire team this years and got these guys in. This is the new guys first taste of adversity. Let’s see what happens. We still have s 20 pt loss to Tulsa or Tulane coming. But tournament is in Texas.
I wholeheartedly disagree, comparing Bazz to Adams is not right. Bazz's jr year we were playing for nothing (apr ban) I thought he showed grit and perseverance that year which led to our title year in 14. Bazz demanded the best from his peers and was a true leader, not saying Adams can't become that, but to compare the two currently is a slap in the face to Napier

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Gotta bring in a high rising mid major coach who has a PLAYBOOK and just doesn't always rely on defense to create fast break points. Someone who has more that just a Screen and ISO.

Those guys tend to be in high demand. Getting them will not be as easy as you think.

Reaction Score
I think Ollie is making errors in several areas like not calling tomeouts quick enough, not holding players accountable for dumb mistakes, and running plays that don’t seem to have a second option if the first option is taken away.

But one thing to keep in mind is that Calhoun’s offense was never a pretty thing to watch based on cuts and ball movement. Uconn has never had that type of offense as far as I remember. I remember joking about calhoun’s Playbook of the circle play and that’s about it. But it was definitely easier to joke when we were winning.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Whom do you replace him with that has a realistic chance of bringing this program back to where it needs to be? Is it a guy who isnt going to jump ship to the NBA after winning for a few seasons?

Love love love this post! KO was handed a mess when he started..and being in the AAC does not help recruiting. Kids want exposure and the top recruits see that the AAC does not get respect. All these so called fans saying fire KO are irrational trolls.

Reaction Score
I think Ollie is making errors in several areas like not calling tomeouts quick enough, not holding players accountable for dumb mistakes, and running plays that don’t seem to have a second option if the first option is taken away.

But one thing to keep in mind is that Calhoun’s offense was never a pretty thing to watch based on cuts and ball movement. Uconn has never had that type of offense as far as I remember. I remember joking about calhoun’s Playbook of the circle play and that’s about it. But it was definitely easier to joke when we were winning.

Yeah but the defense is now hard to watch. That's an issue, no pride on that end and it starts with the leaders and he is one of them along with JA and TL. Also the fact he didn't have enough fire left in him to not get thrown out after the Hog player walked underneath Larrier with no call is awful. A chance to at least save face and show the team you got their backs and kids aren't going to get hurt on your watch due to lackluster officiating, you need to jump down throats and get tossed swinging and fighting. I mean the refs meant little but they called 15 ticky tack fouls on us no matter so show them you're freaking alive for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love love love this post! KO was handed a mess when he started..and being in the AAC does not help recruiting. Kids want exposure and the top recruits see that the AAC does not get respect. All these so called fans saying fire KO are irrational trolls.

Agree they are irrational but they now have 2 legs to stand on. He did not show himself or his players very well today a total embarrassment to a prominent program. He has 24 games left but if he doesn't find a way to coach Larrier and Adams on how to play harder since they are the leaders then he needs to be on notice this type of play is so very unacceptable. And I'm one of the biggest supporters of KO, just ask the bASS man!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why not. We may be down in the dumps but this is still UConn. We still have world class facilities, great academics and phenomenal history.

That's a blue glasses take. Our basketball brand has taken a huge hit. Academics and history don't mean much. Our facilities were in dire need of an upgrade before the Werth Center got built, but they're not head and shoulders above the schools we want to compete with or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom