For all you block C bozos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For all you block C bozos

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I would rather be the type of bozo that loves the block-C and supports the team no matter what, than the type of bozo that name-calls other fans! This is a football forum, DreamJobbed thinks it’s ‘queer eye for the straight guy’.
Meh- some people just have a awkward way of expressing their affection;).

Reaction Score
I will say this till i die:

white helmet =
  • navy block c with navy center stripe
navy helmet =
  • white block c with ever-so-thin red outline, with white center stripe

ADDITIONAL:
  • dog eyes above the facemask - quick & non-distracting nod to our core brandmark
  • CT state outline or state seal (qui transtulit sustinet) sticker on the back left side of the helmet.
  • HUSKIES or BROTHERHOOD across the bottom center back of the helmet. I dont' really care about this one.
  • captains' RED block C sticker, as applicable - those were sick to see last year 2022. Good Job Dev

THAT'S IT. rock this until nike invests in our football brand for real and gives us something sick. till then, if this is the uniform we are forced to use, then that's the helmet we need. The dog looks lame. don't ask me why, it just DOES. enough Boneyard people agree with me that I know i'm not crazy.

Last edited:

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score

white helmet =
navy helmet =

ADDITIONAL:
  • dog eyes above the facemask - quick & non-distracting nod to our core brandmark
  • CT state outline or state seal (qui transtulit sustinet) sticker on the back left side of the helmet.
  • HUSKIES or BROTHERHOOD across the bottom center back of the helmet. I dont' really care about this one.
  • captains' RED block C sticker, as applicable - those were sick to see last year 2022. Good Job Dev

THAT'S IT. rock this until nike invests in our football brand for real and gives us something sick. till then, if this is the uniform we are forced to use, then that's the helmet we need. The dog looks lame. don't ask me why, it just DOES. enough Boneyard people agree with me that I know i'm not crazy.
If the Husky pic were larger, maybe it would look better. As it is, it looks too small. Last year on the forum, someone posted a silver helmet with the older malamute logo that took up the side. I loved that helmet! He's not friendly, he's irreverent, sticking his tongue out at our opponents.

Reactions: OEX

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm perplexed by the content of the video. Are they all #6? Is there significance to the number?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Block C. Refined. Stately. Dignified…a symbol of might to the foe
Uh, isn't the UConn Husky the symbol of might to the foe?

(I'm actually fine with either. I remind you though that the modern Block C design made its first appearance with the Aeropostale uniforms. So, it probably would be more accurately called the Aéropostale C.)

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

CL82

Reaction Score

white helmet =
navy helmet =

ADDITIONAL:

Sign me up for either the Husky or the Block C surrounded by an outline of the state of Connecticut. That would be a great look.

Reaction Score
Uh, isn't the UConn Husky the symbol of might to the foe?

(I'm actually fine with either. I remind you though that the modern Block C design made its first appearance with the Aeropostale uniforms. So, it probably would be more accurately called the Aéropostale C.)

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor
A pile of steaming dog crap on a field of green is likely more apt symbol over the last decade plus. So, the C is much more versatile. Can mean Connecticut, crap or someday champion. See, the block c has us covered for every contingency :)

CL82

Reaction Score
A pile of steaming dog crap on a field of green is likely more apt symbol over the last decade plus. So, the C is much more versatile. Can mean Connecticut, crap or someday champion. See, the block c has us covered for every contingency :)
Awkward George Costanza GIF

Reaction Score
Sign me up for either the Husky or the Block C surrounded by an outline of the state of Connecticut. That would be a great look.
agreed.
to me, that's more of a prime-time, 1x / year, week 1 or week 2, kind of look though.
my recommendation above is for a permanent helmet. until nike decides we're worth spending some re-design budget on.

Reaction Score

white helmet =
navy helmet =

ADDITIONAL:

That all sounds good. Less is more IMO. The Block C may be boring to some, but it is an identifiable brand for UConn. The generic modern husky logo looks like something for an Arena Football Team.

Reaction Score
That all sounds good. Less is more IMO. The Block C may be boring to some, but it is an identifiable brand for UConn. The generic modern husky logo looks like something for an Arena Football Team.
I won't go as far as arena football but I like simple and clean.

Edit: I'm more of a use both camp but I see the C as the primary

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks that doesn’t look cold is kidding themselves.
iciest of cold.

by far the best option available to us, without spending money we probably don't have, on a full kit re-design. the kid that does the helmets plays around with designs and he's come up with some great ones over the year, that will probably never see the field. shame because seriously the dog by itself, truly stinks.

i cannot be convinced that the navy below isn't light years better than what we have now. white facemask beats the navy one.

gallery2.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom