Floyd, Karaban, Clingan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Floyd, Karaban, Clingan

Reaction Score
Ajax
Hawk
Karaban
Akok
Sanogo
Unfortunately no one will be happy when you are once and for all proven wrong about Akok next season

PS- aj is the only competent ball handler in your lineup even if 3 of the guys can shoot. We need both.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately no one will be happy when you are once and for all proven wrong about Akok next season

PS- aj is the only competent ball handler in your lineup even if 3 of the guys can shoot. We need both.
I’m expecting Hawkins to improve his ball handling, as Martin did (when this whole board told me he wouldn’t be our SG last year because he lacked the handle). Don’t know enough about Karaban’s ball handling but it only needs to be adequate. If I’m “proven wrong” it will be on Hurley, just as it was for Carlton.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If nothing else, Clingan will have a good shot at being a great college center practicing against sanogo everyday

Sounds like CFJ will be an important piece potentially but not the answer to all our perimeter playmaking needs. We need the ball in the hands of ppl who can challenge the defense in multiple ways. Sounds like Floyd maybe one who can do that. Too often we wasted time on offense with the ball in the hands of ppl who couldn’t challenge the defense. Eg Polley is a tremendous catch and shoot/ one dribble shoot guy, but him with the ball in his hands on the perimeter is zero threat to the defense from a passing and ball handling perspective. If the defender has closed out on him, him having the ball is basically killing shot clock. Similar story for Whaley (as great of a defender and hustle guy as he is), except not much of a shooting threat. Jackson took a big step forward in terms of threatening the defense with improving his shooting and he’s obvious a gifted passer but without being able to actually look to the basket off the dribble, he’s very guardable.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for new blood next year. Whaley, Polley, Cole & Martin did admirable work past 2 - 5 years and I'm grateful but time to turn the page on that core.

I expect big things from Hawk, Sanogo & Ajax next year and expect Karaban, Floyd, Samson & Clinigan will provide reasons for optimism. Diggins is more of an unknown it seems but we'll see.

I really think DH will add impact transfer or 2 as he almost has no choice. November a long way off but can't wait!

Reaction Score
I think it’s time for Danny to play his freshman and sophomore’s way more than he has. Develop them early and they may be real good. Relied too much on the seniors this year to the detriment of our young players. If you’re going to play cupcakes like we do early is the season let our young players develop. Big mistake not doing that this year. Will pay dividends by end of year.
One of the few Hurley did make this year was the freshman. He should have played at point guard more often. Same goes for Samson Johnson.

Reaction Score
I really don't see why we are giving up on Diggins. I understand that he looked bad but its hard to just come in when you are not playing at all for mop up duty. He was a 4 star recruit rated around 60 overall. By all accounts he has an excellent shot and handle. I am not "counting" on him but I also do not think we should write him off and I really wouldn't be surprised if he is an above average starting point guard next year

Reaction Score
I really don't see why we are giving up on Diggins. I understand that he looked bad but its hard to just come in when you are not playing at all for mop up duty. He was a 4 star recruit rated around 60 overall. By all accounts he has an excellent shot and handle. I am not "counting" on him but I also do not think we should write him off and I really wouldn't be surprised if he is an above average starting point guard next year

I don't think anyone with a brain is giving up on Diggins. Freshmen who are ready to run a Big East team from day one are rare.

Reaction Score
I’m expecting Hawkins to improve his ball handling, as Martin did (when this whole board told me he wouldn’t be our SG last year because he lacked the handle). Don’t know enough about Karaban’s ball handling but it only needs to be adequate. If I’m “proven wrong” it will be on Hurley, just as it was for Carlton.
it's not hurley's fault that akok tore his achilles and ruined his career

re the ball handling- for arguments sake lets say we replace martin/whaley with hawk/akok. fine. but the big drop off in ball handling comes by replacing cole with karaban. we need another guard that can dribble and shoot in the lineup.

we still have 2 open schollies and it's too late to bring in any more freshmen. it's obvious hurley needs to use the portal to improve the starting lineup.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If Andre doesnt develop a shot over the summer, i feel like the chances of this increase a lot. He's got great court vision, ok handles, athletic as all hell. If he could really tighten the handles up, he'd be a nightmare for another PG but we'll see.
At 6-7 or 6-8 tightening up the handle to point guard level is really asking a lot for that kid with all the other things he needs to work on (especially shooting). If he does, however, we still need a serviceable if not starting point guard (or two) preferably one(s) that can score to a degree. Andre has immense upside but guessing ultimately not as a PG in the league.

Reaction Score
I expect Floyd to contribute immediately. He has a college ready body and per practice reports he’s been killing it, lethal from 3.
Can I ask where you heard practice reports about him? Did I miss something from the media, or is that something you heard directly? I’ve been wondering all year how Floyd and Karaban have looked in practice. I’m so excited to watch them play.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
it's not hurley's fault that akok tore his achilles and ruined his career

re the ball handling- for arguments sake lets say we replace martin/whaley with hawk/akok. fine. but the big drop off in ball handling comes by replacing cole with karaban. we need another guard that can dribble and shoot in the lineup.

we still have 2 open schollies and it's too late to bring in any more freshmen. it's obvious hurley needs to use the portal to improve the starting lineup.
Sure but my whole post said, unless Hurley finds a PG transfer then…

Reaction Score
It isn't just about BCHS. It's also AAU. He's played, what, 2 ranked centers in his entire life? Isaiah Miranda and the other one I am forgetting. Athletic kid in the 2022 class.

Being absolutely gigantic will help him a lot, but defensively he's going to have an adjustment period. IMO his greatest asset might be his passing.
What will he be next fall? 7’2”? 260#? And much stronger, with good vision and a good IQ from what I’ve seen. No more soft shots within 2’.

Reaction Score
For those that have seen Karaban would he be a viable option as a stretch 4?

That would create more spacing and room for Adama to operate

Reaction Score
He might be able to shoot it someday, but he'd be more of a stretch 6. He's enormous.
you're talking about karaban? enormous? a stretch 6? isnt he like a 6'8 220 3/4?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Jackson-Hawkins-Floyd-Johnson-Sanogo lineup should be a menace defensively. But you’d have to think Floyd would be replaced by someone like Diggins or a transfer who can create offense.

Reaction Score
I expect Floyd to contribute immediately. He has a college ready body and per practice reports he’s been killing it, lethal from 3.
Where are those reports..I would luv to read them..cause I'm all in with him but bottom line Cole leaves DH has to hit the portal for pg and or a 3 scorer..both most likely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom