Floyd, Karaban, Clingan | The Boneyard

Floyd, Karaban, Clingan

Reaction Score
I don't expect much Clingan to contribute much. If only because Sanogo is going to be commanding 30 minutes a game or more if he cuts down on foul trouble.

Hurley gave Akok a lot of run after he had that half-redshirt season for us, so I expect good minutes for those 2.

Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what to expect from Floyd. I feel like I usually have a pretty good handle on freshman coming in but for whatever reason just have come up with nothing on him.

Karaban I expect to contribute a lot, we desperately need his shooting with the guys we have coming back.

Clingan I expect to get minutes like Samson Johnson this year. Hopefully some more in the early season games than Samson got, but it's going to be an adjustment for him and we have Sanogo

Reaction Score
I think it’s time for Danny to play his freshman and sophomore’s way more than he has. Develop them early and they may be real good. Relied too much on the seniors this year to the detriment of our young players. If you’re going to play cupcakes like we do early is the season let our young players develop. Big mistake not doing that this year. Will pay dividends by end of year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what to expect from Floyd. I feel like I usually have a pretty good handle on freshman coming in but for whatever reason just have come up with nothing on him.
I have heard second hand that Hurley is pretty high on Floyd. I like that he appears to have a bit of swagger, which I think was sorely lacking on this season's team.

He is actually the one I chose for next year's starting point guard in the poll thread I started, although I think it is more likely to be Andre based on Hurley's thinking.

Reaction Score
I think it’s time for Danny to play his freshman and sophomore’s way more than he has. Develop them early and they may be real good. Relied too much on the seniors this year to the detriment of our young players. If you’re going to play cupcakes like we do early is the season let our young players develop. Big mistake not doing that this year. Will pay dividends by end of year.

Problem is the committee values 50 point wins more than 20. They're essentially the same thing, but it means we run our starters for too long instead of getting the young guys run.

Reaction Score
I have heard second hand that Hurley is pretty high on Floyd. I like that he appears to have a bit of swagger, which I think was sorely lacking on this season's team.

He is actually the one I chose for next year's starting point guard in the poll thread I started, although I think it is more likely to be Andre based on Hurley's thinking.
Isn't Floyd a 2/3? I hadn't even considered him starting at PG next year

Reaction Score

If Andre doesnt develop a shot over the summer, i feel like the chances of this increase a lot. He's got great court vision, ok handles, athletic as all hell. If he could really tighten the handles up, he'd be a nightmare for another PG but we'll see.

Reaction Score
Floyd will hopefully provide more at the backup SG position than Hawkins did this year. And we need Hawkins to step up big time as the starting SG.

Karaban I hope will be a more well-rounded version of Polley.

Clingan will get a few minutes here and there, he's badly limited by the quality of competition he faced in HS and isn't remotely ready from what I can tell. Hopefully more Travis Knight than Justin Brown later in his career.

But I really have no idea.

Reaction Score
If Andre doesnt develop a shot over the summer, i feel like the chances of this increase a lot. He's got great court vision, ok handles, athletic as all hell. If he could really tighten the handles up, he'd be a nightmare for another PG but we'll see.
Honestly, what holds Jackson back from being an effective point guard isn't his lack of an outside shot, it's his complete unwillingness to shoot a layup.

If they know he can't create for himself -- outside or inside -- they'll just sag off and play the pass and it won't work.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Isn't Floyd a 2/3? I hadn't even considered him starting at PG next year
I thought he was more of a 2 or a combo with a decent handle, and often times those guys end up playing point by default.

But that's just based on what I've read and heard; I haven't seen him play and have no idea.

Reaction Score
Honestly, what holds Jackson back from being an effective point guard isn't his lack of an outside shot, it's his complete unwillingness to shoot a layup.

If they know he can't create for himself -- outside or inside -- they'll just sag off and play the pass and it won't work.
Yup. He just needs to channel his aggressiveness in literally every other aspect of his play to attacking the rim.

Reaction Score

yeah he has that weird runner or whatever he randomly brings out once in a while. I feel like he needs to attack the rim with the ball WAY more. He flies in for the off chance of a put down dunk that hasnt happened once this season but take the ball to the hole.

Reaction Score
yeah he has that weird runner or whatever he randomly brings out once in a while. I feel like he needs to attack the rim with the ball WAY more. He flies in for the off chance of a put down dunk that hasnt happened once this season but take the ball to the hole.
He shot almost 37% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. That's up from (stares in horror) 12% on 1. He can improve. His shooting has gotten better. It can keep getting better. But he needs to be in constant attack mode next year.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Floyd will hopefully provide more at the backup SG position than Hawkins did this year. And we need Hawkins to step up big time as the starting SG.

Karaban I hope will be a more well-rounded version of Polley.

Clingan will get a few minutes here and there, he's badly limited by the quality of competition he faced in HS and isn't remotely ready from what I can tell. Hopefully more Travis Knight than Justin Brown later in his career.

But I really have no idea.
All of you folks who think DC won't contribute because he stayed at Bristol Central are going to be proven wrong. And how can you mention the poor high school competition and then finish your post with "but I really have no idea".

Reaction Score
All of you folks who think DC won't contribute because he stayed at Bristol Central are going to be proven wrong. And how can you mention the poor high school competition and then finish your post with "but I really have no idea".

It isn't just about BCHS. It's also AAU. He's played, what, 2 ranked centers in his entire life? Isaiah Miranda and the other one I am forgetting. Athletic kid in the 2022 class.

Being absolutely gigantic will help him a lot, but defensively he's going to have an adjustment period. IMO his greatest asset might be his passing.

Reaction Score
He dominated a bunch of 6'3 kids. That means very little.

He could adapt quickly and be a contributor or he could adapt never and be a bust.

I don't know how he'll look as an upperclassman, but it's very, very optimistic to expect anything from him next year.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen--Don't think Corey's strength is as a primary ball handler. Looks to me like a junk yard dog/ two way player that's a 2/3 and a secondary ball handler. Keep in mind.. He's a young kid who is still growing. May have gained an inch or two before the start of next season. Will fit in well with Hawk/AJ and a PG to be named later for next year. Excited to see him play next year.

Reaction Score
Man, a starting lineup of Floyd, Hawkins, Jackson, Akok and Sanogo would have a ton of size.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen--Don't think Corey's strength is as a primary ball handler. Looks to me like a junk yard dog/ two way player that's a 2/3 and a secondary ball handler. Keep in mind.. He's a young kid who is still growing. May have gained an inch or two before the start of next season. Will fit in well with Hawk/AJ and a PG to be named later for next year. Excited to see him play next year.
Corey's strength is literally strength. Dude is massive for his height. Decent hops considering his mass. He's the kind of guy that can play backup 1 if you're down a PG or the 3 if you're running a 3 guard offense. He shot 39% from 3 in his last EYBL session on 60 attempts. Hopefully he's been fine tuning his stroke this year and can be a day 1 contributor and hit some open shots. I'm looking for him to be an upgraded Brendan Adams.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t think the majority of the people think DC won’t contribute because he played at BCHS.

I think it’s just because the minutes won’t be there with Sanogo getting 30+ minutes per game and I don’t think they will share the court together.

He could be a contributor for sure. And he is probably good enough to be. But Johnson was in that exact position this year with a log jam at the 4/5 and got limited opportunity as a result.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the majority of the people think DC won’t contribute because he played at BCHS.

I think it’s just because the minutes won’t be there with Sanogo getting 30+ minutes per game and I don’t think they will share the court together.
And 7'0 freshman bigs basically never contribute, level of competition be damned, Bigs develop slower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom