OT: - Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most?? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most??

Reaction Score
One of mine will be wildly unpopular. I’ve been a Madonna fan forever. 25 showas and counting and was in the American Bandstand audience when she told Dick Clark she wanted to rule the world.

Other than that I’m a 70’s girl with a love of everything from rock to disco.

Reaction Score
I post this before. She is my favorite pop singer but can sing the Diva Dance.

Jane Zhang-The Diva Dance(from the Fifth Element)​

Reaction Score
For me, Santana, with their wonderful brand of Latin Rock /Jazz has always been a big, big, favorite of mine:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's just bewildering that, throughout this thread and through 115 posts, no one has mentioned Creedence, Three Dog Night, Elton John, or Bob Segar.
I'm more surprised nobody's brought up Tedeschi/Trucks. I'd wager than other than the Dead, T/T has been mentioned more times on the BY than any other band.

John Klemmer certainly fits into my fav artists of all time:

"Touch" was the sine qua non album for melting college girls into puddles. But it's ridiculously dated now.

As for my personal tastes, I think I'm mostly a power pop guy. I love well written tight songs with snappy chord progressions. "Go All the Way", "Baby Blue", "Alex Chilton", etc. Pretty much a lost art. Fountains of Wayne was maybe the last gasp. Still love a lot of stuff I grew up with - Beatles, Kinks, 60-early 70s Stones, Floyd, Zep (esp. PG), but cannot listen to classic rock stations (I was a hardcore WNEW-FM/WLIR listener). My favorite Radiohead remains The Bends, so that marks me as "an old".

That said, I'm all over the place. I have dozens of jazz CDs, along with a lot of classical. Have some 70s prog rock. Some funk, reggae, punk, and things like Black Grape that are all three. If I were to list favorite concerts by decade, it would probably be Golden Earring in the 70s (opening for The Who, who sucked), Springsteen and The Waterboys in the 80s, REM and P-Funk in the 90s, Prince in the 00s, and I can't decide on the 2010s between Larry Coryell or Kurt Vile.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Adrienne Cowan is my favorite young singer. This is an acoustic rendition of a song from her primary band, Seven Spires. They're all Berklee grads.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have a lot of them, and Steely Dan is right up there:

My tastes vary.

At the moment, I have Spotify playlists centering around numerous individual Pearl Jam songs (gets me most grunge era music), as well as Hootie and the Blowfish, Matchbox Twenty, Van Halen, Tesla, (the) Eagles, Jimmy Buffett and Bon Jovi.

Speaking of the Eagles and Steely Dan, they are touring this Fall. I'm glad I saw Eagles in '94 on their Hell Freezes Over comeback tour. Only the most insufferable founding member is still involved and they are basically a cover band of their glory years. More so than Van Halen was in the 2010s, IMO, because DLR could not touch any of the Hagar material.

Reaction Score
Noisy and Indus

2 favorites are taditionnal; Sonic Youth & Nine Inch Nails

And I always welcome a Bob Dylan song

Reaction Score
Mostly Classic Rock for me. Zep, The Who, Queen, Pink Floyd and the Doors would be my top five in that order. Allmans, Stones and Black Crowes are right there too.

For "newer" music that I wouldn't call "Classic" I would add RHCP, The White Stripes, NIN, Nathaniel Rateliff.

Also dig old-school country. Willie, Merle, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, John Prine.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Last Dead and Co show tonight. Went to Friday and Saturday but never tried to get tickets for tonight. Guess I'll miss the Dark Star St. Stephen, but them's the breaks. (Had the St Stephen in Chula Vista in '21 so I'm good.)
On edit, I guess one can stream now, which I may need to do.

Reaction Score
Last Dead and Co show tonight. Went to Friday and Saturday but never tried to get tickets for tonight. Guess I'll miss the Dark Star St. Stephen, but them's the breaks. (Had the St Stephen in Chula Vista in '21 so I'm good.)
On edit, I guess one can stream now, which I may need to do.
Nugs.net was a disaster for trying to livestream last night's Dead concert. Logging in just brought unexplained error messages. I guess they couldn't have predicted that more than a few people would be trying to see the concert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom