OT: - Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most?? | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most??

Reaction Score
For genres, I like R&B (funk, quiet storm and 80's old school hip hop), contemporary jazz (George Benson, Grover Washington, Stanley Clarke, Brian Culberson, Fattburger, etc.) and soft rock. My favorite non soft rock - rock back is Boston.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Having graduated high school in 1965, I was right in the beginnings of the British Invasion. Groups like The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Dave Clark Five dominated the air waves. I couldn't get enough.

Arguably the "best" Beatles song, IN MY Life appeared on the 1965 album, Rubber Soul. Covered by many, I personally like Judy Collins version the best.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Back in the fifties and sixties, black music was hard to find on the radio. I have only come to love doo wop music retroactively, being too young in the fifties to fully appreciate it. Actually some of the most beautiful harmonies.

Although Bobby Vinton made this song famous, The Clovers version came first, and is much more soulful. If you haven't heard it, this is a must listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom