• Miami/Iowa

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • LSU/Louisville

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Miami/Louisville

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
So impressed with what Kim Mulkey has done in just two years. She has always been a favorite of mine. Who cares about all that weak OOC schedule crap. They made with the cards that they dealt and look where LSU is now - FINAL FOUR. Can't take that away from them.

Reaction Score
So impressed with what Kim Mulkey has done in just two years. She has always been a favorite of mine. Who cares about all that weak OOC schedule crap. They made with the cards that they dealt and look where LSU is now - FINAL FOUR. Can't take that away from them.
If Mikayla Williams is good as we all think she is, I think they have to be at least the 2nd favorite to win the National Championship

Reaction Score
If Mikayla Williams is good as we all think she is, I think they have to be at least the 2nd favorite to win the National Championship
It depends on how good they do in the portal. Help is on the way with that incoming class but they aren't going to do it alone. Flaujae could take a big step in year 2 but she is in the worst funk of her career right now and can't throw it into the ocean. But Reese returns, Flaujae, Sa'Myah Smith (who had an excellent game vs Miami)

Reese has to develop this offseason. Misses way too many layups and she does not have a mid range jump shot.

They should have better quality depth next season. LSU's bench is basically dead weight this year almost. They get almost nothing. It think its way too much pressure on your starting 5 when you get basically nothing from your bench every game.

Reaction Score
It depends on how good they do in the portal. Help is on the way with that incoming class but they aren't going to do it alone. Flaujae could take a big step in year 2 but she is in the worst funk of her career right now and can't throw it into the ocean. But Reese returns, Flaujae, Sa'Myah Smith (who had an excellent game vs Miami)

Reese has to develop this offseason. Misses way too many layups and she does not have a mid range jump shot.

They should have better quality depth next season. LSU's bench is basically dead weight this year almost. They get almost nothing. It think its way too much pressure on your starting 5 when you get basically nothing from your bench every game.
Yeah they definitely need to get a quality point guard but Kim always seems to be able to find one

Reaction Score
I'm already envious of Kim for being successful keeping Mikayla in state because I really wanted her at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I think they’re being rewarded for beating everyone in their region.
They definitely earned it by virtue of winning all their games, but you have to admit they had the easiest regional by a lot

Reaction Score
WBB has become a much more physical game than it was 10 years ago. Stronger, quicker, better-trained players.
But infinitely worse. Fouls for impeding the free movement of offensive players have nearly disappeared.

Reaction Score
They definitely earned it by virtue of winning all their games, but you have to admit they had the easiest regional by a lot
Nobody wanted Greenville 1 and SCar but Greenville 2 wasn't any easier than either Seattle regional. The 4 tops seeds in GV2 had net rankings of 3, 5, 7 and 12. Yes, LSU got to play Miami, the lowest seed left in Elite 8, but that's cuz Miami earned the right to be there by beating the #1 and #4 seeds. That's tournament life.

Reaction Score
I think Indiana-Utah-Villanova would all have matchup problems with LSU to varying degrees, but it’s hard to say LSU is “lucky” to get teams that have trouble matching up with them somewhere on the court when LSU creates the matchup problems.

Of the teams I was paying closest attention to in the bracket (Stanford, LSU, UConn, Iowa), I actually thought UConn got the easiest path to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
But infinitely worse. Fouls for impeding the free movement of offensive players have nearly disappeared.
Hard disagree. I suspect we grew up on very different courts.

I think there are still too many ticky tack foul calls on the perimeter, too many flops by on ball defenders, too many fast whistles on tie ups, and too much ignored in post play.

Reaction Score
Hard disagree. I suspect we grew up on very different courts.

I think there are still too many ticky tack foul calls on the perimeter, too many flops by on ball defenders, too many fast whistles on tie ups, and too much ignored in post play
Follow up: if you know any Georgia or Alabama football fans, South Carolina fans in any sport are basically the opposite of that.

Both Alabama and Georgia fans could explain in great detail why you shouldn’t even bother with the next football season, really, because they’re going to win the title and it would save you a lot of stress to just go ahead and give them the trophy. They could also explain why this is true for 2024. And 2025. And…

South Carolina fans will secretly believe the rug is going to be pulled out from under us until the clock hits :00, and even then are you sure the officials aren’t reviewing anything? They might put some time back on there or take some points off or something.

I was worried about UCLA, I’ve talked myself into being worried about Maryland, and, somewhat paradoxically, I’ve already started to talk myself into being worried about Iowa.

But it’s ridiculous that one of the things I worry about is getting an officiating crew of older guys from the midwest or northeast who believe breathing on a perimeter player is a crime against nature but if you didn’t want to get hacked in the post, you shouldn’t have been bigger and stronger than your opponent, cause that’s just not fair. It’s even more ridiculous that such a worry has some merit.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thoughts from tonight:
1. Caitlin Clark is unreal. 40 point triple double is otherworldly. Hands down the NPOY. If SC wins tomorrow I think we get the most anticipated game of the tournament watching Iowa’s offense vs SC’s defense.

2. Iowa as a whole played really well and their shooters hit shots which makes them darn near impossible to defend, even with Czinano having a quiet night. 16 triples on the night.

3. Props to Walz and Louisville for finishing their season on a strong note. Olivia Cochran worked her tail off all game and Van Lith showed again she’s a gamer come March.

4. Mulkey’s midgame interview was hilarious and so on brand. The offense was atrocious on both sides. Her comment about the ball being too bouncy may have legitimacy to it though—there were several layups that clanged around the rim several times and somehow came out.

5. After this weekend I’m a full blown Angel Reese fan and defender of her. Reese trash talks and show boats but on multiple occasions I saw her help opposing players off the ground or apologize after there was contact between them. In all interviews she seems like a great kid who just wants to win and is all about the team. It’s never all about her even though she’s a big personality. She works hard, is an excellent defensive player and is an unselfish passer.

6. SaMyah Smith is a stud. She’s going to be a really good player in a year or 2.

7. Major props to Kim Mulkey for the remarkable job she has done. LSU is in the final 4 in year 2 and she has some of the best kids in the country coming next season. Incredible turn around. This isn’t the most polished team but they defend well and have gotten the job done despite many doubters all season.

8. Jasmyne Roberts played some excellent basketball this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thoughts from tonight:
1. Caitlin Clark is unreal. 40 point triple double is otherworldly. Hands down the NPOY. If SC wins tomorrow I think we get the most anticipated game of the tournament watching Iowa’s defense vs SC’s offense.
2. Iowa as a whole played really well and their shooters hit shots which makes them darn near impossible to defend, even with Czinano having a quiet night. 16 triples on the night.

3. Props to Walz and Louisville for finishing their season on a strong note. Olivia Cochran worked her tail off all game and Van Lith showed again she’s a gamer come March.

4. Mulkey’s midgame interview was hilarious and so on brand. The offense was atrocious on both sides. Her comment about the ball being too bouncy may have legitimacy to it though—there were several layups that clanged around the rim several times and somehow came out.

5. After this weekend I’m a full blown Angel Reese fan and defender of her. Reese trash talks and show boats but on multiple occasions I saw her help opposing players off the ground or apologize after there was contact between them. In all interviews she seems like a great kid who just wants to win and is all about the team. She works hard and is an excellent defensive player and is an unselfish passer.

6. SaMyah Smith is a stud. She’s going to be a really good player in a year or 2.

7. Major props to Kim Mulkey for the remarkable job she has done. LSU is in the final 4 in year 2 and she has some of the best kids in the country coming next season. Incredible turn around. This isn’t the most polished team but they defend well and have gotten the job done despite many doubters all season.

8. Jasmyne Roberts played some excellent basketball this weekend.

I agree on all points. Well said.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Always been a fan of Brooks. Might have to find my Virginia Tech sweatshirt and wear it Friday Night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom