Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Miami/Louisville

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Who ya got?

Iowa vs. Louisville: I think Iowa takes it here but Louisville can ugly the game up and make it competitive. Louisville has underachieved all year but seems to be finding their rhythm at the right time. I think Iowa pulls it out, but this is going to be a very competitive game. Van Lith is playing really solid basketball right now too which could give Iowa trouble.

LSU vs. Miami: This is one where I think LSU should be the heavy favorite, but I think it's going to be competitive. Reese is playing good basketball right now and I think LSU advances, but if it's a close game, Miami can easily win this.

Last edited:

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Louisville is he exact type of team Iowa can struggle with and I'm very excited to see Mykasa Robinson defend Caitlin Clark. I probably give the edge to Iowa, but not by much, and wouldn't be surprised at all to see Louisville win.

I feel like Miami plays like an SEC team, so style shouldn't be that surprising to LSU; plus the Utah game was super physical. Agree LSU has edge and should win, but won't be easy.

Reaction Score
Somehow I am not surprised that Miami has made it this far. They were a hard opponent for South Carolina in the tournament last season.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I have more faith in Walz's ability to scheme defensively to stop Iowa than pretty much any other coach we've seen this year.
I think he pulls the same 2013 Baylor strategy of being extremely physical the entire game and hopes the refs don't call most the fouls.

Reaction Score
I think he pulls the same 2013 Baylor strategy of being extremely physical the entire game and hopes the refs don't call most the fouls.
Agreed, and if Hailey Van Lith has an off night, they don’t have a chance imo

Reaction Score
We still don't know how good LSU is, they haven't won the big game yet. The refs gifted them wins in the 2nd round and sweet 16, Miami has to be the favorite going into tomorrow given how they are playing

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Agreed, and if Hailey Van Lith has an off night, they don’t have a chance imo
I don't necessarily think it's all on her. Louisville is significantly more athletic at the 2, 3, and 4 than Iowa. I think Walz tries to spread Iowa out and emphasizes getting to the rim. Louisville has enough lineup flexibility to find mismatches. Iowa will mix in zone as much as possible to try to counter.

Defensively I think he'll do what UConn did and really focus on taking Czinano away as Clark's #1 passing option. Then it's up to Clark's decision making and the rest of Iowa's lineup to make shots.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily think it's all on her. Louisville is significantly more athletic at the 2, 3, and 4 than Iowa. I think Walz tries to spread Iowa out and emphasizes getting to the rim. Louisville has enough lineup flexibility to find mismatches. Iowa will mix in zone as much as possible to try to counter.

Defensively I think he'll do what UConn did and really focus on taking Czinano away as Clark's #1 passing option. Then it's up to Clark's decision making and the rest of Iowa's lineup to make shots.
I just think that Hailey Van Lith has to have a big night in order for L’ville to keep pace with Iowa scoring-wise

Reaction Score
LSU must be the luckiest team in history. I really don’t want them to be rewarded for their OOC schedule this year, so I’m rooting for Miami.
Tenn scheduled hard OOC but lost them all so they shoudnt be rewarded but lsu scheduled weak and won them all so they shouldn't be rewarded. Really, all the sec teams have been lucky and should not be rewarded cuz they got to play in the weak sec.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tenn scheduled hard OOC but lost them all so they shoudnt be rewarded but lsu scheduled weak and won them all so they shouldn't be rewarded. Really, all the sec teams have been lucky and should not be rewarded cuz they got to play in the weak sec.
And yet, the “” weak SEC has more tournament wins than any other conference. So, please explain your use of the word “rewarded” three times.

Not saying the SEC is the best conference but I am saying anybody’s opinion on who is strong and who is weak based on conference affiliation is, at least, suspect.

Oh yeah “ALL the sec teams have been lucky”??????

I think the nature of a tournament is that winners get “rewarded.”

I do not argue that the SEC is the strongest conference. Arguing over strongest and weakest conferences is a fool’s task. See the NET ranking of conferences.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Crying about the officiating is a losers lament. You don't have to look any further than the 25 turnovers.
I'm talking about the Louisville-Iowa matchup.

Less bitterly, I think a significant question in determining who wins is how aggressive Louisville is allowed to be defensively against Clark.

If you want to argue with me about the Notre Dame-Maryland game, find me in another thread.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the Louisville-Iowa matchup.

Less bitterly, I think a significant question in determining who wins is how aggressive Louisville is allowed to be defensively against Clark.

If you want to argue with me about the Notre Dame-Maryland game, find me in another thread.
I realized that you were talking about Louisville which is why I deleted my post before you were able to post this reply.
But I stand by the quote " complaining about the officiating is a losers lament".

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith vs. Caitlin Clark is going to be so much fun
I think game will
Will Louisville get to hack Caitlin Clark like they were allowed to hack Citron. If so, they win.

I think Iowa should be favored but if Van Lith can stay hot, Louisville has a chance.
Just on this thread - "ugly it up" "hope the refs don't call most of the fouls" "hack".... we Louisville fans have been hearing comments like that for 10 years. And if I had $10 for each "Lou Lopez Senechal gets hacked/mugged" post on The Boneyard I'd be writing this post from the Bahamas.

WBB has become a much more physical game than it was 10 years ago. Stronger, quicker, better-trained players.

Reaction Score
I’ve always liked Hailey Van Lith — she is a friend of Paige’s after all. If Robinson can contain Caitlin and Hailey Van Lith gets hot, there’s a chance.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I think there is validity to a point since prior to the tournament, neither Tennessee nor LSU had any quality wins vs OOC opponents due to such lopsided scheduling. But in this tournament we're seeing how these squads do stack up. LSU has proven they are a legitimate top 10 team slaughtering Michigan at home and beating Utah. Tennessee looks to be at that level right now based on their performances the 2nd half of the year, beating LSU in the SEC tourney and their first 2 rounds. Luck has nothing to do with their success. And Tennessee in particular has had multiple hurdles to navigate this year.

Reaction Score
And yet, the “” weak SEC has more tournament wins than any other conference. So, please explain your use of the word “rewarded” three times.

Not saying the SEC is the best conference but I am saying anybody’s opinion on who is strong and who is weak based on conference affiliation is, at least, suspect.

Oh yeah “ALL the sec teams have been lucky”??????

I think the nature of a tournament is that winners get “rewarded.”

I do not argue that the SEC is the strongest conference. Arguing over strongest and weakest conferences is a fool’s task. See the NET ranking of conferences.

That was wordplay based on the comment that I replied to. Your comment that in a tournament teams are rewarded for winning is much better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ve always liked Hailey Van Lith — she is a friend of Paige’s after all. If Robinson can contain Caitlin and Hailey Van Lith gets hot, there’s a chance.
'Contain' Caitlin? If Robinson plays as she has in the numerous other games I've seen this season, Clark would be fortunate to escape the game intact.

Reaction Score
Somehow I am not surprised that Miami has made it this far. They were a hard opponent for South Carolina in the tournament last season.
This is missed by most people as South Carolina dominated in the end. Miami held Boston to a terrible shooting night to the point she had to stay in the game after the outcome was decided in order to hit a couple of free throws to keep her double-double streak intact(I don't begrudge her that - she earned it). Miami held South Carolina to their lowest home court scoring output all season - no easy feat. They also held Indiana to their 3rd lowest home court output all season. They are familiar with Angel Reese as they went up against her at Maryland so should be interesting as she IS the LSU offense for the most part.

Reaction Score
'Contain' Caitlin? If Robinson plays as she has in the numerous other games I've seen this season, Clark would be fortunate to escape the game intact.
You must not have been watching the games that I watched. And I've watched every one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom