2021 Recruiting: - El Ellis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: El Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Correct which is why we now have to teach recruits about our history. We didn’t have to do that 10 years ago.

These kids have been around to see UConn in three Final Fours (I won’t count 2004, since they were very little) and are plenty old enough to remember Kemba and Shabazz taking over the tourney in 11’ and 14’. I don’t think it is much of a problem just yet. The AAC was a killing us though.

Reaction Score
I believe he made a specific prediction that Patterson was committing to UConn in June, not a general prediction (unless I missed it).
i took it to be more general. it was in the Tyler Phommachanh thread but that doesnt necessarily mean it was about Tyler Phommachanh (as one might logically assume). He's done that before, I believe he first made the richie springs prediction in a thread about someone else

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i took it to be more general. it was in the Tyler Phommachanh thread but that doesnt necessarily mean it was about Tyler Phommachanh (as one might logically assume). He's done that before, I believe he first made the richie springs prediction in a thread about someone else

He's never going to make specific predictions because he doesn't actually know anything. I don't understand why you people keep doing this.

Reaction Score

Lots of pull up threes, drives to the basket and steals in this highlight reel.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Exactly. So he makes stuff up then claims later “see, I predicted it!”

Reaction Score
Based on El's tape.. Does the Boneyard Scouting Dept see his natural position as a PG?..a CG?..Or a SG? At a four year school..Roster construction dependent??Might be the particular highlights shown on the posted videos.. El can clearly score.. Didn't see many passes to teammates.. Thinking more CG/SG than PG..See some Ben Gordon in his game..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on El's tape.. Does the Boneyard Scouting Dept see his natural position as a PG?..a CG?..Or a SG? At a four year school..Roster construction dependent??Might be the particular highlights shown on the posted videos.. El can clearly score.. Didn't see many passes to teammates.. Thinking more CG/SG than PG..See some Ben Gordon in his game..

@AntG168 made a Russ Smith (Louisville 2010-14) comparison which I really liked. Undersized combo guard type but can really score the rock. Not sure if you want him as your primary PG as I'm not sure how he is as a distributor, but can certainly play it in a pinch. Exciting player regardless of how you look at it.

Reaction Score
@AntG168 made a Russ Smith (Louisville 2010-14) comparison which I really liked. Undersized combo guard type but can really score the rock. Not sure if you want him as your primary PG as I'm not sure how he is as a distributor, but can certainly play it in a pinch. Exciting player regardless of how you look at it.
Russ Smith was different. That dude was an animal on the defensive end and a great offensive player. A player like that would be one hell of a get.

Reaction Score
I think he's somewhere in between A. Gilbert at his best and Russ Smith at his worst

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
chief also said someone was committing in june and ellis is the only conceivable possibility...

He was pretty clearly talking about Patterson when he said that.

Reaction Score
Agree with your comments about not your primary PG..In videos looks ball-dominant..Too many talented offensive players for the Program going forward..He would have to share the rock..I'm sure DH would be successful in showing him the wisdom in that strategy..

Reaction Score
He was pretty clearly talking about Patterson when he said that.
at the time i even commented on it saying it probably wasnt about Tyler Phommachanh, but i digress. if there's a debate not worth having this is it

Reaction Score
I believe that Watchdog posted a series of questions, not statements. So please enlighten us as to how recruits think these things through.
I generally like your posts, but why so snarky? Do you KNOW how EVERY recruit thinks about their recruiting process and what factors they put stock into? Not only that, but as mentioned by another poster, the dude didn't even make any declarations he actually asked questions. Just seems a bit much with the attitude.

And here I thought a Chief supporter might attack me for my comment about Chief "leaning on a broom at games".:rolleyes:

I directed my questions to Husky429 because he's a coach, provides thoughtful responses, and many here, including me, value his insights. While Husky429's response made perfect sense, we also got what appears to be an attention seeking, off topic, comment offering nothing of value regarding Ellis' recruitment.

The comment appears to be part of a pattern of one-liners taking a shot at others. Similar to ones made in the past couple weeks to another poster and me. In my case it was within 2 or 3 minutes of a post I made between 12 and 1 AM.

The common threads regarding me are an implied assertion that I am hopelessly in need of enlightenment, and the age he imagines me to be somehow disqualifies me from even asking questions about what motivates recruits to make choices.

Now where's that "ignore" button that will relieve me of all this stress?

Reaction Score

In the two games I watched he played PG exclusively. I mentioned another time how surprised I was because the highlights made it seem like he would be a more selfish player.

Definitely has some moments of trying too hard to score. But that isn't gonna happen with Hurley and with a roster with as many options as we will have

I think going 2 PGs with any combination of Gaffney/RJ/Ellis could be very effective.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Scoring point guard. Similar to Boatright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom