2021 Recruiting: - El Ellis | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: El Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't really care if he makes them, I just want him to take enough that the defense has to guard him. So basically Akok
With a better handle and great moves to the rim.

Reaction Score
That lineup gets our A kicked if the other team presses. Nowhere near enough shooting either. Jackson isn't good enough as a shooter or ballhandler to play the 2 yet.

Who do you think the 5th starter would be? I think it’s pretty safe to say Cole, Jackson, Akok, and Sanogo will be starting.

Reaction Score
Who do you think the 5th starter would be? I think it’s pretty safe to say Cole, Jackson, Akok, and Sanogo will be starting.

Second ballhandler. Maybe a talented freshman, or Gaffney/Adams. I have watched more than enough of Andre play from AAU and his HS season to know he is not gonna play as the second guard yet. More to do with defense than offense... but his ballhandling isn't quite there yet.. flashy but not fundamentally sound.. close though. His creativity passing and ballhandling makes him (imo) a high potential nba prospect

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can Martin play SG?
Absolutely not, he’s like an undersized(but really tough) combo forward.

I also expect BA to at least contemplate moving down a level for his senior year. We need guards for 21, multiple of them.

Reaction Score

I also expect BA to at least contemplate moving down a level for his senior year. We need guards for 21, multiple of them.

I don’t really love BA’s game but I think it’s safe to say he’s going to improve every year. He works his butt off and he also seems to be Hurley’s favorite.

Reaction Score
Second ballhandler. Maybe a talented freshman, or Gaffney/Adams. I have watched more than enough of Andre play from AAU and his HS season to know he is not gonna play as the second guard yet. More to do with defense than offense... but his ballhandling isn't quite there yet.. flashy but not fundamentally sound.. close though. His creativity passing and ballhandling makes him (imo) a high potential nba prospect

Only thing is a Cole/Gaffney back court would be pretty bad defensively. Although that would give us a real Hurley-type lineup with 2 ball handlers and then the big guard in Jackson at the 3.

I can't see him starting then. Jackson and Akok may very well be the two most talented players on the roster and I think they'll lock up the 3 and 4 positions. Martin will still see good minutes, but will likely be a sixth man in that case.

Reaction Score
Serious question....Can anyone explain to me why a rising sophomore, continually improving who was 6th on the team in MPG & PPG, while also a coaches favorite would look to transfer from a likely tournament team to a lesser team at the end of his JR season?

Reaction Score
Also, Louisville isn’t the only sketchy team, but they bought hookers & paid 100k for Brian Bowen. It’s not just a hooker thing. If you’re on probation and do dumb things, you get dumb prizes. Lvilles is the reputation they have to live with. They are borderline the definition of what the NCAA calls, lack of institutional control.

Reaction Score
Serious question....Can anyone explain to me why a rising sophomore, continually improving who was 6th on the team in MPG & PPG, while also a coaches favorite would look to transfer from a likely tournament team to a lesser team at the end of his JR season?

BA is a rising junior, but I agree. He’s not a guy that you ideally want starting, but he’s a great glue guy/team player as a 7th or 8th man. Not sure exactly why he would leave unless he wants to get 30 mpg, and I really don’t want him to. Real solid piece for us.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We should lock this thread. You're either with us or we should move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom