2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any chance moving the Official Visit back a couple weeks was done strategically by Hurley?? Maybe gives them two more weeks to lay the charm on Cliff Omoruyi and press him for an answer?

If they think Plan A is Cliff and Plan B is Cardwell... allows them to exhaust all options knowing most likely only room for one big man.
That wouldn’t give Cardwell a warm and fuzzy about wanting to come here.

Reaction Score
If people here are going to claim they know inside info and receive 65 likes for a “wink” or whatever, (not saying Matrim doesn’t know stuff just an example) then they should be willing to take responsibility when the info is wrong also.

I didn’t see Zionn comment on this thread but not paying attention super close to who amongst the “insiders” commented.

Reaction Score
Has anybody considered the possibility that while Cardwell did not actually visit this weekend, the staff could have been in communication with him and gotten word that he wants to come here?

Reaction Score
Insiders get bad info all the time, just crazy how many insiders had bad info. Even Jake Weingarten got it wrong. Just a very odd situation that comes off feeling a little sketchy, why wouldn’t we have found this out at the beginning or even mid weekend? I don’t think we will ever know without insiders revealing something about where they get their info from.

Reaction Score
Insiders get bad info all the time, just crazy how many insiders had bad info. Even Jake Weingarten got it wrong. Just a very odd situation that comes off feeling a little sketchy, why wouldn’t we have found this out at the beginning or even mid weekend? I don’t think we will ever know without insiders revealing something about where they get their info from.

I don’t this was a case of bad info.... more pretending and hoping.

Reaction Score
Ignoring the seemingly real, but strangely false rumors, the fact he's visiting on first night instead, which should be an even better environment to sell him on UConn. This ain't over.
Pretty sure he doesn't need to be sold on UConn.

Reaction Score
Nobody ever said he committed. They never say those exact words about any recruit ever.

Come on, we all know the symbols and verbiage used by some on here to declare a commitment!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I imagine people in the know had a good laugh at our expense reading this thread all weekend. :(

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I was going to ask for a refund on this thread (Because I checked backed hourly with bated breath looking for the 'C' word). But then I realized the last 4 or 5 pages are priceless. Let's admit it. We got punked and the guys who punked us got punked. everybody got punked. It hilarious. I wonder how the cuse board is handling this revelation of our recruiting expertise. :confused:

Reaction Score
Come on, we all know the symbols and verbiage used by some on here to declare a commitment!
I would take those with a grain of salt when it comes to saying he committed, but I would say I was definitely led to believe he was on the visit and things were going very well.

Reaction Score
Wow this thread suddenly became a bit whacked huh?

Excited to hear Cardwell is coming the 11th for First Night guessing there is a reason for the change but I’m not going to guess why it will drive me nuts. Hope the staff can close the deal next weekend like this kid a lot.

Reaction Score
Has anybody considered the possibility that while Cardwell did not actually visit this weekend, the staff could have been in communication with him and gotten word that he wants to come here?

Without stepping foot on campus? Not exactly doing your due diligence is it?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Some of you are taking this a bit too personally. National media people are issuing apologies...so clearly there was bad info out there that made it’s way around. The posters on here who let us know what they’ve been hearing have no obligation to do so, and don’t claim to be news outlets...if you can’t accept that word of mouth isn’t 100% accurate all the time then just wait to hear what the Courant reports after the matter. Chastising our insiders is a bad look.

Reaction Score
Some of you are taking this a bit too personally. National media people are issuing apologies...so clearly there was bad info out there that made it’s way around. The posters on here who let us know what they’ve been hearing have no obligation to do so, and don’t claim to be news outlets...if you can’t accept that word of mouth isn’t 100% accurate all the time then just wait to hear what the Courant reports after the matter. Chastising our insiders is a bad look.

No offense to the insiders on this board or the media pundents who got it wrong, but how did that happen? Who was giving them this info? I’m not mad and expect people to get bad info now and again but this seems fishy. Everyone on this thread assumed he was on campus all weekend and was looking forward to a potential commitment tomorrow or Tuesday.... but now it turns out he never made it? Jake is the biggest concern of all, his tweet was very specific. Where did he get his info?

Reaction Score
I was going to ask for a refund on this thread (Because I checked backed hourly with bated breath looking for the 'C' word). But then I realized the last 4 or 5 pages are priceless. Let's admit it. We got punked and the guys who punked us got punked. everybody got punked. It hilarious. I wonder how the cuse board is handling this revelation of our recruiting expertise. :confused:
I'm thinking all the 'Cuse fans were wishing this exact scenario had happened earlier in the week with AJ! ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No offense to the insiders on this board or the media pundents who got it wrong, but how did that happen? Who was giving them this info? I’m not mad and expect people to get bad info now and again but this seems fishy. Everyone on this thread assumed he was on campus all weekend and was looking forward to a potential commitment tomorrow or Tuesday.... but now it turns out he never made it? Jake is the biggest concern of all, his tweet was very specific. Where did he get his info?
Cuse fan or coach impersonating our staff to get back at Jackson reject?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So, you appreciate getting BS info? If that's the case, I just heard from my sources that Cam Thomas, Omoruyi, Cardwell all just committed! It's a rainy day the dam broke! ;)
Technically, both of their answers were double negatives. The plot thickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom