2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No insider will ever be 100% with the info they get. That’s known. We should all be appreciative of the info that does leak out from time to time that our insiders care to share with the rest of us. I think some people are over reacting to some of the responses here. In my humble opinion I feel like knowing whether someone is physically on a visit is pretty easy information for insiders to obtain. So maybe that’s me being inexperienced. I’m not trying to bash any of our insiders, if that’s how I’m coming off I apologize but I didn’t think it was. More so curious in general as to how info like that goes bad, I can understand if it was like a recruits interest level (that can change quickly, let alone the countless ways info like that can be misinterpreted from the recruit to source to insider) but would figure a recruit being on a visit is pretty black and white. Regardless of all of that, I’m looking forward to watching his recruitment continue to play out and hopefully get some good news from our insiders soon.
A kid with decent connections made a mistake. The op pasted the information. I can’t speak to why the “insiders” never corrected the mistake but all the winks and beautiful day stuff was probably a carry over of Andre Jackson’s recruitment. That was a real punk to the Cuse and a huge victory for us.

This is our version of irrational exuberance. I’m still basking in that victory.

Reaction Score
The way I look at it, we’re lucky to have ANYTHING. And the people that do post info here are great resources who are simply passing stuff along. If the tradeoff for that awesome relationship is occasional instances where info is wrong or bad, then so be it. I’ll make that trade any day. I don’t think anyone here would try to mislead us to get their rocks off. It happens. Kids change their minds in an instant, situations are fluid. I still look forward to seeing the next post from BField, Matrim, or the other important posters.
Well said Nick! I think that sums it up pretty accurately for many of us here!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The way I look at it, we’re lucky to have ANYTHING. And the people that do post info here are great resources who are simply passing stuff along. If the tradeoff for that awesome relationship is occasional instances where info is wrong or bad, then so be it. I’ll make that trade any day. I don’t think anyone here would try to mislead us to get their rocks off. It happens. Kids change their minds in an instant, situations are fluid. I still look forward to seeing the next post from BField, Matrim, or the other important posters.
Well stated and take my complement with a grain of salt.;)

Reaction Score
1570419065426.jpeg

Reaction Score
So was someone basically lying to this kid jake on purpose to make him look bad? That seems like more than an error for someone who does recruiting for a living and seems to have been very reliable.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Anyone attacking one of our insiders is doing a disservice to this forum. They’ve provided so much vital, reliable information to us. Major beat guys got conflicting information. It happens
I like their info, but it really doesn’t rise to the level of vital. Otherwise I agree.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Until this thread gets locked and burned chief eed to save it

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
No visit, no info, no problem....no one knew he wasn't even on campus & if someone did they may have decided it would be fun to leave us hanging. All I do know is I got punked like the rest of you, 3 days of checking for info when nothing was happening.
Somebody is probably having a good laugh

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Lock this thread. All the football posters are here trying to take their mind off of this season

Reaction Score
The insiders should establish a new schtick everytime they are wrong. The sunny days, the winks, Chiefs existence...let's see some new undefeated schtick that's holds up next to Next.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
We have people literally fighting with each other over the boneyard rn

Reaction Score
The insiders should establish a new schtick everytime they are wrong. The sunny days, the winks, Chiefs existence...let's see some new undefeated schtick that's holds up next to Next.

They're not ultimately wrong on this one yet. They might have misread a couple chapters but they could still be right about the end.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wow, we look like the Cuse board right now. This is embarrassing.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think people should revisit the thread and see who, if anyone, said he was on campus vs those that said we are in great shape with Cardwell.
There is no accountability in painting with a broad brush all "insiders" for one's being disappointed w/o paying any attention to what was said.

MLB playoffs this year might be hard on red Sox can and his post shine-r

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is The Boneyard’s version of “Where’s Waldo”!

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the hurt and pain, lol. Nothing to see here. Plus the kid may still visit and commit.
Exactly. Under normal circumstances, if you expect a kid to be on an official and suddenly it is revealed that he rescheduled at the last minute, there would be cause for concern. But here, if I have any takeaway at all, I feel like him wanting to do his visit during First Night instead is a great sign. It means he wants to be here during an event that we've deliberately crafted to appeal to our recruits, and he might mean he wants to be here when Cam Thomas is visiting.

People are more reacting to feeling like the rug got pull from under them on the misreported visit, and you all need to get it out of your system.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This is kinda like dating. There was a time and place scheduled and she decided that, at the last minute, it would fit her schedule better if she rearranged things (or maybe the time and place scheduled was two weeks later than your friends thought all along). She gave you a new time and date. She’s not disinterested, she’s just busy. Talk to another one in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom