Downfall of Goodman | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Downfall of Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t follow college BB as closely as most of the community and haven’t a single earthly clue who this Goodman guy is, nor why he’d harass a YouTuber about DMCA infringement when he’s not the owner of the IP. Because he’s Cooley’s friend? Eh. More like he’s another one of these social media dudes desperate to generate clicks and attention. Just ignore his *ss.

Now if you get a call from an attorney representing Fox Sports…..that’s another matter. But clearly that is not this. His attorney telling him to stand down is IMO overly conservative.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Isn't the blue demon guy a sitposter?
A pretty good one too.
Given that he's tied to DePaul, it's all the more impressive.

On a quick look, I chuckled both times when he tweeted "DePaul qualifies for the Big East tournament 15th year in a row!," followed by, "DePaul qualifies for the Big East Tournament 17th year in a row!" two years later.

I like that DePaul was UConn's BET day 1 opponent in 2011.

Reaction Score
Why subject the kid to even more gery?
I think I'd argue that if barstool is behind someone, then maybe the situation isn't quite as black and white as people think.

I just hate the whole professional troll economy. Everyone in this situation is a part of it. Doc maker included. They all deserve each other.

Reaction Score
We're focused on the wrong kind of Goodman hate. On Sunday's Field of 68 he said he'd taken Braden Smith over Newton. Threats of violence are nothing compared to this level of disrespect!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Because one visible member of cbb media sent him a DM to lawyer up, and another visible member of cbb media sent DM's to him about how he was going to prison and that he was going to go Liam Neeson on him.

This isn't too difficult.

Sent Goodman DMs? I'm lost.

Reaction Score
Sent Goodman DMs? I'm lost.
Bluedemon makes documentary that has a couple questionable sections that some people feel a certain way about

Goodman and Dauster don't like the documentary, presumably because of those sections and possibly because of Fanta's involvement

Dauster tells the bluedemon documentary guy to lawyer up

Goodman DMs the doc maker that he heard he's getting sued, won't go to jail, will go to jail, and tells him he's going to find out who he is

Doc maker tweets out the DMs

Reaction Score
I think I'd argue that if barstool is behind someone, then maybe the situation isn't quite as black and white as people think.

I just hate the whole professional troll economy. Everyone in this situation is a part of it. Doc maker included. They all deserve each other.
You think DePaul kid is a Big Cat plant?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Bluedemon makes documentary that has a couple questionable sections that some people feel a certain way about

Goodman and Dauster don't like the documentary, presumably because of those sections and possibly because of Fanta's involvement

Goodman DMs the doc maker that he heard he's getting sued, won't go to jail, will go to jail, and tells him he's going to find out who he is

Ahhh, well.

Reaction Score
You think DePaul kid is a Big Cat plant?
No. I think their opinions are usually garbage so if they're for or against something it probably requires more scrutiny.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

ok, thanks. Not for nothing, but I don't think you can sue anyone into jail.

Sound like it's the 2024 version of "don't pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel."

And I'm not even sure who is buying the most ink.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shrugs… It's problematic.

Agree, that the kids should leverage their kerfuffle on all this to produce more films. Minimally, he can monetize his YouTube account off of it, but right now he's got a ton of juice so maybe he can do more with it. I like the idea of whomever posted that he should change his name to "Beast Films".
I looked Goodman up and it appears he did not go to Syracuse. Kind of disappointing

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The documentary guy is basically just a cry bully.

I don't like Goodman very much and I think he's stupid for engaging but it really is nothing
Did I miss where Blue Demon Degen did or said something that earned him the "cry bully" label? I love the term, could even apply it to a fellow Simpsons character but I digress.

I haven't seen where (or how) he complained, or about what - getting his X account shut down, having the video taken off YouTube, getting threatened with legal action?

I'm sure any or all of those above represent disappointments or inconveniences or passing fears, but I've been under the impression that he's rolling with it, and that Goodman, Gottieb, Dauster, and Cooley have felt or voiced the strongest objections and/or taken the biggest hits.

Any link would be appreciated, even if I did come here for a quick scan before accepting that I need to detach from the time suck.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I did the same late last night. Don't think I've ever seen someone torn to shreds like Goodman is getting. The winner in all this is the DePaul kid...he's had hilarious responses, his video keeps getting more views, his tweet showing Goodman and Dauster DM's has like 7.5 million views as of last night, and Barstool will probably give him a job out of this...

Which is why people trying to paint him as sympathetic here is kind of weird. The kid is a tool and trolled Dauster in a tweet which triggered his 'hire an attorney' tweet. Not to mention he's playing this up for publicity and tweeting at Dave Portnoy basically begging him for a job. Not a great look.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Engaging was stupid but is finding out who made a documentary really a threat? I'm torn on it.

I agree. It’s just more pathetic and ridiculous.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I feel like referring to this YouTube video as a documentary is doing optics work for the F68 guys. Makes it seem more important than it actually is.

IMO the rich and influential CBB reporter telling a college student (who presumably dreams of working in this space) he’s gonna hunt him down and threatening prison time seems like the bully to me. Especially when the reporter in question is picking the fight over something he’s not even involved in.

Reaction Score
Which is why people trying to paint him as sympathetic here is kind of weird. The kid is a tool and trolled Dauster in a tweet which triggered his 'hire an attorney' tweet. Not to mention he's playing this up for publicity and tweeting at Dave Portnoy basically begging him for a job. Not a great look.
If he sent any public prison/lawyer up/Liam Neeson type tweets or DM's to Goodman or Dauster I didn't see them. The only tweets I saw from him were funny and the screen grabs showing the weird/uncalled for behavior from those two, especially Goodman.

Please post them here.

If the kid gets a job out of it that's awesome and smart of him to market himself off of his doc and the response from the Field of 68 guys. He has talent at a young age.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If he sent any public prison/lawyer up/Liam Neeson type tweets or DM's to Goodman or Dauster I didn't see them. The only tweets I saw from him were funny and the screen grabs showing the weird/uncalled for behavior from those two, especially Goodman.

Please post them here.

If the kid gets a job out of it that's awesome and smart of him to market himself off of his doc and the response from the Field of 68 guys. He has talent at a young age.

Honestly, sucking up to Portnoy is almost as douchey as what Goodman did. This whole thing is a mess.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That’s not what he asked you though.

I was confused by his question to be honest, I never said degen sent any "lawyer up" tweets at Dauster.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a tool. He's the most talented person on Big East Twitter, and and should have been hired by the league a while ago (you can kiss that goodbye now).

That said, the last 15-20 minutes of that documentary should not have seen the light of day, and he may wind up being the biggest beneficiary of it. If that's what you mean by not wanting to paint him as a sympathetic figure, then I agree.

(I also thought Goodman's DM was more sloppy wording than threatening).

Reaction Score
Did I miss where Blue Demon Degen did or said something that earned him the "cry bully" label? I love the term, could even apply it to a fellow Simpsons character but I digress.

I haven't seen where (or how) he complained, or about what - getting his X account shut down, having the video taken off YouTube, getting threatened with legal action?

I'm sure any or all of those above represent disappointments or inconveniences or passing fears, but I've been under the impression that he's rolling with it, and that Goodman, Gottieb, Dauster, and Cooley have felt or voiced the strongest objections and/or taken the biggest hits.

Any link would be appreciated, even if I did come here for a quick scan before accepting that I need to detach from the time suck.
I consider him a cry bully because of how the events went down. I don't have any links to tweets (I don't have Twitter) but I've seen some screenshot of replies he's made to other people and he seems like just another Twitter tool. So the kid is fine with leaving controversial things in his documentary (which, for the record, is totally fine with me), people justly or unjustly contact him about it and then he goes posting the conversation online acting like he's an innocent victim. In reality he's just getting the type of attention that he invited.

Goodman is a tool too and is in the wrong but I hardly absolve the kid of any responsibility. They're both Twitter tough guys looking for attention

Reaction Score
The entire situation is everything thats wrong with modern society. Aspiring professional troll uses his trolling to gain clout and in the process exposes another professional troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom