Downfall of Goodman | The Boneyard

Downfall of Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ive always marveled at empty legal threats. It's like that Italian kid in highschool whose response to anyone who picked on him:
"I know you people. I can make one call and ruin your life".

Reaction Score
Now they Gottlieb up there fanning the flames. He went after PC, UConn and St. John's fans as examples of the worst fans. He thinks the people who made the video are from Providence apparently.

I'm guess DePaul fans are likely not from Providence.

Reaction Score
I was taught never take pleasure in the misfortune of others
Especially someone whose perceived power and expertise was imaginary.
One of the most fun things about the 2014 run was the universal disrespect for that team by these alleged experts game after game .
I‘ share Bobby Knight’s view on the media he said “if we played a schedule against teams coached by the media experts we would go undefeated every year. “

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One of the most fun things about the 2014 run was the universal disrespect for that team by these alleged experts game after game .
I‘ share Bobby Knight’s view on the media he said “if we played a schedule against teams coached by the media experts we would go undefeated every year. “
I wish I could eliminate from my mind that every time we win a NC there are 350 or so fan bases that are gutted.

I’m not quite as advanced as you are in this regard. There are a few programs where I celebrate their misfortune.

I justify (rationalize) my behavior believing that said program’s fan bases are arrogant and need a lesson of humility which could not be attained if I did not dance on their corpses. I like to think I’m elevating the human condition.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The documentary guy is basically just a cry bully.

I don't like Goodman very much and I think he's stupid for engaging but it really is nothing
Mostly agree, I do think "when I have time I'm going to find out who you are" is problematic. Really, though, why engage with the guy at all?

Reaction Score
I like Rob Dauster, but man. It is not a great look choosing to associate with probably the two biggest dbags in the college sports media this side of DiMauro.
Yeah it's not a great look but Dauster seems like a good dude at least.

Reaction Score
Mostly agree, I do think "when I have time I'm going to find out who you are" is problematic. Really, though, why engage with the guy at all?
Engaging was stupid but is finding out who made a documentary really a threat? I'm torn on it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least Goodman goes to games at the XL. I saw him Sunday with a hotdog.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Engaging was stupid but is finding out who made a documentary really a threat? I'm torn on it.
When it ends in a figurative ellipse? I take the comment to read kinda like "when I find out who you are..."

Reaction Score
Couldn't sleep and unwound a bunch of the twitter threads. Peoples reactions/posts are hilarious. Don't know anything about this Goodman character, but people hate him!!

Reaction Score
Yea I’m not jumping on the hate train. So instead of hating, why not just smile at a Yarder’s past description of Goodmans face. can’t recall who said its ”LIKE A CATCHERS MITT WITH A MOUTH”… LOL

Reaction Score
Couldn't sleep and unwound a bunch of the twitter threads. Peoples reactions/posts are hilarious. Don't know anything about this Goodman character, but people hate him!!
I did the same late last night. Don't think I've ever seen someone torn to shreds like Goodman is getting. The winner in all this is the DePaul kid...he's had hilarious responses, his video keeps getting more views, his tweet showing Goodman and Dauster DM's has like 7.5 million views as of last night, and Barstool will probably give him a job out of this...
Screenshot_20240129_231511_Chrome.jpg

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
A mainstream media guy privately telling a young amateur documentarian who made a documentary on a niche topic that he’s going to track him down and make sure he either has to pay a lot of money or he might end up in jail is mean spirited and bully behavior. It’s insane.

Reaction Score
A mainstream media guy privately telling a young amateur documentarian who made a documentary on a niche topic that he’s going to track him down and make sure he either has to pay a lot of money or he might end up in jail is mean spirited and bully behavior. It’s insane.
Sure it's meanspirited but if you create media then you open yourself up to commentary. Isn't the blue demon guy a sitposter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom