Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
No, that's not a fair response. How about "now I know why people who state they have knowledge with neither built up credibility on the board or some statement about their sources are not immediately believed." Which anyone older than ten should have been able to figure out without the reaction you've been getting (especially as you found the need to keep repeating your statements without giving anyone any more reason to believe you than you started with).
exactly

Steve Little Lawyer GIF by The Grinder

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm trying to remain optimistic here but the grandparents being there this past weekend has got to the nail in the coffin on this, no? I realize they're fans too but why would any 16 year old have their grandparents tag along for a college visit if they weren't showing them where they are going? I certainly wouldn't have.

Additionally, on the Grant Hill IG, no one else saw that as him poking fun at Cooper? "Congratulations?" that he posing with championship trophies in Duke gear but hasn't won a single college game yet - let alone a championship.
The grandparents are Duke fans, and they got to have an experience 99.9% of Duke fans will never get to have in their lifetime by going on the visit. He's very likely going to choose Duke, but I don't think there's much to read into with the grandparents going

Reaction Score
I'm trying to remain optimistic here but the grandparents being there this past weekend has got to the nail in the coffin on this, no? I realize they're fans too but why would any 16 year old have their grandparents tag along for a college visit if they weren't showing them where they are going? I certainly wouldn't have.

Additionally, on the Grant Hill IG, no one else saw that as him poking fun at Cooper? "Congratulations?" that he posing with championship trophies in Duke gear but hasn't won a single college game yet - let alone a championship.
I don’t like agreeing with this but the parents and grandparents attending thing makes sense. Who came to UCONN with him?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
exactly

Steve Little Lawyer GIF by The Grinder
Surprised how many stray shots you’re catching here - based on the recent crystal ball it looks like your info maybe correct. Hoping you’re wrong and this isn’t your first step in building credibility

Reaction Score
To everyone but a Dukie, Duke is the epitome of lame. So grandparents affecting this commitment sounds right. Cooper Flagg himself is brilliant and I think more dynamic than that.

Reaction Score

It’s his way of letting nana and poppa see the holy land crate Blanche before letting them see him blossom in Storrs!!!

Reaction Score
At the very least are expectations have been set back to where they should be anyway. Very doubtful but not entirely shut.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
and now I know why people dont open their mouth on here

People don't open their mouth on here because that's how this admin works and wants it. Any donor who gets their 15 minutes of private coach's time at the yearly early season donor practices has heard stuff that will burn off both your ears, and light this place on fire if posted, but yet, I've never seen any of it posted here. Why?

And I’m not knocking you or discrediting you. I actually find you sincere, and right. But don’t open your mouth is a thing. Dauster wouldn’t even talk about meaningless secret scrimmage results because he knows he loses access if he does.

Reaction Score
I’m ashamed to admit I looked at Flaggs insta post and looked to see if he liked any of the Duke players comments. Surprisingly enough… it was his mom liking the comments that said something along the lines of “Duke is the move”. I went to double check the UConn photo and she didn’t like a single comment from any of our players even Donovan’s. I think that may be the most deflating nugget I’ve seen. It might be nothing but I doubt it

Take it for what it’s worth.

Reaction Score
I’m ashamed to admit I looked at Flaggs insta post and looked to see if he liked any of the Duke players comments. Surprisingly enough… it was his mom liking the comments that said something along the lines of “Duke is the move”. I went to double check the UConn photo and she didn’t like a single comment from any of our players even Donovan’s. I think that may be the most deflating nugget I’ve seen. It might be nothing but I doubt it

Crystal balls and fanboy grandparents and Laettner jerseys and insta likes. There’s smoke all over the place even if there isn’t yet an open flame. Kid needs to just pull the trigger if it’s this clear cut.

Reaction Score
Thread commentary aside, I think Flagg and his family deserve a ton of credit for how they’ve handled this. There’s no public drama from them, just an attempt to do due diligence and make the right call for an eight month period in his life. I don’t see any toying with fan bases, leading people on, etc. I think the muscle memory of your dream school wins out in the end, but I’ve been impressed with how they’ve gone about it. And I have zero sauces.

Reaction Score
I wish him luck at Duke I really do for some reason. Like the kid, like that his interest in UConn peaked at some point, respect to him and his family. Doesn’t mean I will ever root for Duke to win, but want him to be successful!

If Pat N goes there I won’t feel the same sorry can’t be too nice!

Reaction Score

Until that time when Cooper tells one of the two coaching staffs that he’s signing with them, the crystal ball wizards are doing nothing but throwing their best guess out there. Just like the Boneyard. Big Whoop de Doo.

Reaction Score

Maybe that’s their consolation prize? She’s thinking “awww, I feel bad, let me go spread some likes” and went and did that…

But seriously though, thanks for doing the “dirty work”. I do think there are things you can pick up on with stuff like this on social media, and history has shown that too.

I guess we will see. It’s absolutely stupid but I’m still hoping.

Reaction Score
You’re 16 years old and your entire family loves Duke. Everyone you personally know has assumed pfor years that you’re going to Duke. The national media assumes that too, as does the entire Duke basketball staff and family.

But you decided that you like UConn better and want to go there. How do you reconcile that? How do you disappoint all these people? By sitting, waiting, waiting, until the Duke furor dies down. A week. Two weeks. Then, when things have gotten kind of quiet, you give DH a call.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You’re 16 years old and your entire family loves Duke. Everyone you personally know has assumed pfor years that you’re going to Duke. The national media assumes that too, as does the entire Duke basketball staff and family.

But you decided that you like UConn better and want to go there. How do you reconcile that? How do you disappoint all these people? By sitting, waiting, waiting, until the Duke furor dies down. A week. Two weeks. Then, when things have gotten kind of quiet, you give DH a call.

And he tells the adults to grow up and they’ll forget it when he’s making $100+ million

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom