Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
It's almost Halloween and we're trying to break The Curse Of Diamond Stone. Anyone have a wooden stake?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's not misery. I'd prefer Edgecombe actually. We can really use help at SG next year. Dan made some interesting choices this cycle. Hoping all three become Huskies, but I'm not counting on it.
I can see why you say that fit wise. We’re most likely losing all of our guards next year except for Solo. Could use a true 2.

Reaction Score
In Tampa in ‘99 I couldn’t have been more positive it was going to happen. Today I ask myself why would someone under this spotlight and choosing between just these schools chose such a lame dad school? Lame dad school

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Duke fans have been reading this thread, and are now convinced Cooper is theirs based on what was said above. Crazy world.
Well, now if he declares for us, they will be utterly crushed.

Well played @cap10mayhem

Reaction Score
In Tampa in ‘99 I couldn’t have been more positive it was going to happen. Today I ask myself why would someone under this spotlight and choosing between just these schools chose such a lame dad school? Lame dad school
Duke is a lame Dad school. Can’t wait to see that baby crying

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why?
I can see why you say that fit wise. We’re most likely losing all of our guards next year except for Solo. Could use a true 2.
^^^ We've got one returning guard and a freshman PG. That's it. I'm much more comfortable about Johnson + Singare than I am about our guard situation. I suppose we could also have Diarra, but still a need a SG. Biggest need we have by far.

Edit: to be clear, I was talking about Pat. Not Cooper.
Want list: Cooper, Edgecombe, Pat
Need list: Edgecombe, Pat, Cooper.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. At the end of the day I know what I know, I hope I'm wrong,
Wait, so do you know? If so it doesn't seem like there be any hoping one way or the other.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It is all fun and games until your school gets slighted by a generational talent who to me seems to be a perfect fit for with our culture. I hope it ain’t over and this may sound very biased but if he wants to win a national championship his chances with us from looking at the last 20 years is much better than with Dook. If it was still Coach K that would be one thing. This will sting for a few days if he chooses Dook, but we will rally and still win another chip before they do. Just like Dook, Kansas and KY always win the recruiting wars we win on the court. As far as I am concerned not getting CF is not the end of the world. Just a continuance of our reality as UConn fans. We loose the recruiting “battles” but win the national championship “wars.” I can live in that reality just fine.

Reaction Score
The BY is the preeminent source of UConn news on the Internet. I mean, what are you refreshing the Courant for recruiting news, scheduling arrangements, coaching changes, etc.? Lol.
If you come to the boneyard expecting top notch journalism you’re at the wrong place. It’s a fan message board. Stop telling fans to stop fanning. If you just want news then go refresh the courant

Reaction Score
^^^ We've got one returning guard and a freshman PG. That's it. I'm much more comfortable about Johnson + Singare than I am about our guard situation. I suppose we could also have Diarra, but still a need a SG. Biggest need we have by far.

It seems crazy to be more concerned with Newton, Spencer and Castle than Johnson and Singare.

It's an odd comparison to begin with. Our starting 5 is strong across the board. Our bench is unproven.

How do our second string guards compare to second string bigs? That's harder to say.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It seems crazy to be more concerned with Newton, Spencer and Castle than Johnson and Singare.

It's an odd comparison to begin with. Our starting 5 is strong across the board. Our bench is unproven.

How do our second string guards compare to second string bigs? That's harder to say.
He's talking next year

Reaction Score

He's talking about the following season.

Reaction Score

Which is why a transfer guard always made the most sense for next year with Nowell and Ball. Edgecombe might be nice but the interest in him by this board did not seem to match the interest from the staff or in Edgecombe in UConn

Reaction Score
I wish I received emails from some of y’all. It would truly make the workday a more exciting experience

Reaction Score
The BY is the preeminent source of UConn news on the Internet. I mean, what are you refreshing the Courant for recruiting news, scheduling arrangements, coaching changes, etc.? Lol.
Hmm. Lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm talking about 2024-25 when these guys would be here. None of those 3 guards will be here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you come to the boneyard expecting top notch journalism you’re at the wrong place. It’s a fan message board. Stop telling fans to stop fanning. If you just want news then go refresh the courant

The actual news breaks here or is aggregated here better than any place online. Does anyone come here for "top notch journalism"? I don't care who posts what, I've been on iterations on the Yard since the Scout days in like 07 never blocked anyone, told anyone how to act, or whined and said pweeze lock the thread! Definitely been in my fair share of back and forths over the years (RIP @Pudge from FB board for years).

If you want to be a fanboy, be a fanboy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom