Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which is why a transfer guard always made the most sense for next year with Nowell and Ball. Edgecombe might be nice but the interest in him by this board did not seem to match the interest from the staff or in Edgecombe in UConn
Yes, I expect we will be all in on portal guards.

Reaction Score
Wait, so do you know? If so it doesn't seem like there be any hoping one way or the other.
What I got today was visit checked the boxes (not news because others have said this) and there were more details I prefer not to share, (cue the haters). Time is on our side for any glimmer of hope. If we hear nothing that would be a good sign. Any news of a decision would be really really bad and all but confirm what I've got. Honestly I'm painting this as good guy positive as I can y'all. If I'm wrong and we end up landing him Hurley is a GD magician. I know what I have and where it came from. I also wouldn't ever count Hurley out until the announcement comes clean.

Ngongba I don't have as many details on but there was some info there as well that leads me to believe Dook locked that one up too.

Recruiting is never over until there is an announcement y'all know that.

Expect to hear a decision has been made soon as per Mrs Flagg's timeline. If and when that happens in the next couple days, lock it in. Until then hope we can drag this out a bit more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Branham crystal ball for Duke on Flagg. I believe that's very new. Hasn't missed on a CB for 2024 player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Doesn’t seem like Ngongba is a Duke lock from this article. Shall see

He also says what I've been saying about need. Pat is a bigger need, especially at Duke, who has no viable center next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but it’s over
over GIF

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What I got today was visit checked the boxes (not news because others have said this) and there were more details I prefer not to share, (cue the haters). Time is on our side for any glimmer of hope. If we hear nothing that would be a good sign. Any news of a decision would be really really bad and all but confirm what I've got. Honestly I'm painting this as good guy positive as I can y'all. If I'm wrong and we end up landing him Hurley is a GD magician. I know what I have and where it came from. I also wouldn't ever count Hurley out until the announcement comes clean.

Ngongba I don't have as many details on but there was some info there as well that leads me to believe Dook locked that one up too.

Recruiting is never over until there is an announcement y'all know that.

Expect to hear a decision has been made soon as per Mrs Flagg's timeline. If and when that happens in the next couple days, lock it in. Until then hope we can drag this out a bit more.
Thanks for sharing!

Whether it’s good or bad news info is always appreciated. Nobody here is paid to do this so it’s cool when people decide to pass things along just because.

Reaction Score
1698178560822.png

Thanks for sharing!

Whether it’s good or bad news info is always appreciated. Nobody here is paid to do this so it’s cool when people decide to pass things along just because.
pay if forward. I live on here for breaking news (despite what others have said) when I finally had something worth sharing I figured I'd jump in. The crystal ball is confirmation unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Has anything really changed or we’re just assuming a bad result?
Assuming bad results.

What happens is dans we’re hoping to see Flagg
John, come on now. If Flagg commits to UConn you're going to see it here before 75% of the Horde is even aware of it.
John, come on now. If Flagg commits to UConn you're going to see it here before 75% of the Horde is even aware of it.
old days, yes.

New days. I get alerts. Will know instantly online. Crazy to think about that.

Boneyard old media. And horde is dinosaur! Lol.

I think this is a great aggregator and discussion of content . Why? Not because of the news, but because of the discussion. Crowdsourcing opinion, links, all viewpoints is better than a singular opinion, no matter how well sourced.

Reaction Score
Both programs need to start steaming the uniforms before the photoshoots to eliminate wrinkles/folds, especially with shorts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
^^^ We've got one returning guard and a freshman PG. That's it. I'm much more comfortable about Johnson + Singare than I am about our guard situation. I suppose we could also have Diarra, but still a need a SG. Biggest need we have by far.

Edit: to be clear, I was talking about Pat. Not Cooper.
Want list: Cooper, Edgecombe, Pat
Need list: Edgecombe, Pat, Cooper.
I disagree. Edgecombe is a real nice player. Hes a wing. We have a glut of Freshman "wings" (playing positions 2-4 Ross, Stewart, Ball, and Abraham, then Nowell coming in as a combo) 3 of those 5 will be here next year with a year under their belts in Coach's system, and they are all great. What we don't have is a top line center. I expect Singare to develop over couple years nicely, and Samson to keep it up, but I would like to keep our 5 spot elite. Ngongba is that. Cooper Flagg is best player in country. I'd kill for him, but Ngongba is a better "puzzle " piece for us.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to remain optimistic here but the grandparents being there this past weekend has got to the nail in the coffin on this, no? I realize they're fans too but why would any 16 year old have their grandparents tag along for a college visit if they weren't showing them where they are going? I certainly wouldn't have.

Additionally, on the Grant Hill IG, no one else saw that as him poking fun at Cooper? "Congratulations?" that he posing with championship trophies in Duke gear but hasn't won a single college game yet - let alone a championship.

Reaction Score
Who are all these sources? I count one, Isola during the Nets broadcast. And if you think Isola was trolling UConn fans that's quite a take.

So much nonsense on this board the last week. But this. There have only been two meaningful facts the last week. One is that Flagg took his official to Duke and left without a commitment. The other is what Isola said (that doesn't mean he is right, but given who he is (not an anonymous twitterer with a made up identity) and Scalabrini's relationship to Flagg that he said it is relevant).

Everything else is just speculating based on evidence that rational people wouldn't speculate based upon.

Reaction Score
and now I know why people dont open their mouth on here
No, that's not a fair response. How about "now I know why people who state they have knowledge with neither built up credibility on the board or some statement about their sources are not immediately believed." Which anyone older than ten should have been able to figure out without the reaction you've been getting (especially as you found the need to keep repeating your statements without giving anyone any more reason to believe you than you started with).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom