2020 Recruiting: - Denver Anglin at Peach Jam | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Denver Anglin at Peach Jam

Reaction Score
Offers > rankings. His offers speak for themselves.
Exactly. We see it every year where guys play really well in big tournaments or in big HS games against good comp and their rankings aren’t reflective of their play. I mean look no further than some likely all Big East preseason selections this year: Gillespie, Champagnie, Posh, Freemantle etc etc all way outperforming their rankings. Kid really seems like he can play and in the right college system will flourish.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m just not sure how he would be used. 5’9 catch and shoot guys aren’t going to have any space in college to get their shot off. Starling is just as good of a shooter but is like 5 inches taller. Can dribble with either hand, can finish at the rim, can pull up from midrange, etc. Love his competitiveness though.

Reaction Score
I’m just not sure how he would be used. 5’9 catch and shoot guys aren’t going to have any space in college to get their shot off. Starling is just as good of a shooter but is like 5 inches taller. Can dribble with either hand, can finish at the rim, can pull up from midrange, etc. Love his competitiveness though.
He has to want to come here though. Have no idea if that's the case. Might be where you take the first to commit.

Reaction Score
Where are you getting 5’-9” from? 247 has him at 6’-2” which is what they list Starling at.

Reaction Score

5'9"? I think you got bad info.

Reaction Score
Where are you getting 5-9 from? 247 has him at 6-2 which is what they list Starling at.
Earlier in the thread or another, 429 or Ricker(both really good with reports) said he looked like he was the size of Boat. Probably where he got it from. No idea how tall kid is. Maybe somewhere in between?

Reaction Score

Starling is 2-3 inches taller than Anglin. Anglin is Cole/Bazz-ish sized, maybe slightly smaller.

The truth is Starling has limited D1 transferrable skill other than shooting either. His handle is not good for his size. He is maybe the worst passer we've recruited since Hurley has been here. He literally struggles to move the ball on the perimeter vs decent competition. His finishing has improved, which is one reason why his ranking has skyrocketed recently.

Would I prefer Starling? Yep. But it's a lot closer than rankings (or you) would indicate. Anglin is the better shooter, better ballhandler, better passer. He's not as good at the rim, and is shorter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's not 5'9, he gets way up on his jump shot and has a crazy quick release. He'll have zero problem getting his shot off, just like Boat had zero problem getting his shot off.

Reaction Score

Cusefan0307 on emmm.... the bad guys board indicated this today:​

"The Boneyard seems to think they are in good shape. That Stanford offer stood out. Must be a great student too."

Matrim?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just wonder what his thought process is with us having a similar type guard in CF, Jr coming in.

Reaction Score
What position do you think CF Jr is versus Anglin's (I haven't watched much tape on the latter)?

Anglin is defending 1 and playing as a scoring PG. He may play off-ball some, if we keep recruiting wings that pass well, but he can only defend the 1. CJF is a 2/3 combo.

Reaction Score
Anglin is defending 1 and playing as a scoring PG. He may play off-ball some, if we keep recruiting wings that pass well, but he can only defend the 1. CJF is a 2/3 combo.
Gotchya. I have watched the CFJ tape quite a bit and I think he'll be much more of a 2 than a 3.

Reaction Score
What impressed me the most wasn't his skill set - which is quite developed on both offense and defense. It's his heart.

... in spite of the fact it was obvious the team was going to lose, Anglin continued to play 110% on every play and encouraged his team mates to do so as well. And he did it without scowling, any anger or any negative attributes we sometimes observe from players who put their all into a game knowing it's fruitless.
Thx For sharing!!!! From the 1st vid I saw of him I thought he was similar to Myles Powell, who I wanted badly. Bucket getters and snipers are so underrated by these services if they aren’t playing above the rim or oozing athleticism.

The traits you described about his attitude are so important!!! That’s the Glue to championship programs!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom