2020 Recruiting: - Denver Anglin at Peach Jam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Denver Anglin at Peach Jam

Reaction Score
hypothetically speaking, let's say our lineup in '22 is: cole/hawk/aj/akok/sanogo with digg/gaff/karaban/ samson/springs off the bench, and floyd/clingan getting spot minutes....denver is looking like the 13th man.

the point i'm delicately trying to make is that i really want to maximize our chances of making a final 4 run in '22 with someone that can make an immediate impact rather than a 4th freshmen, and next spring the team could look very appealing to a transfer. then again i don't see any weaknesses with the projected squad so maybe there's no room for that caliber of player. i trust the process just a thought.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
hypothetically speaking, let's say our lineup in '22 is: cole/hawk/aj/akok/sanogo with digg/gaff/karaban/ samson/springs off the bench, and floyd/clingan getting spot minutes....denver is looking like the 13th man.

the point i'm delicately trying to make is that i really want to maximize our chances of making a final 4 run in '22 with someone that can make an immediate impact rather than a 4th freshmen, and next spring the team could look very appealing to a transfer. then again i don't see any weaknesses with the projected squad so maybe there's no room for that caliber of player. i trust the process just a thought.
I hear what you're saying, but there will always be spots in the rotation for elite shooters, which it seems Anglin is.

Reaction Score

You're looking at rankings too much instead of looking at the player. Anglin kills it on the circuit, he plays more and puts up better #'s than his teammates Westry and Wilcher and he seems to outplay every higher ranked guard he goes up against.

Reaction Score
I’ll ask the obvious question…we have any idea where we stand here?

Reaction Score
You're looking at rankings too much instead of looking at the player. Anglin kills it on the circuit, he plays more and puts up better #'s than his teammates Westry and Wilcher and he seems to outplay every higher ranked guard he goes up against.
sure i realize he's under valued, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a big bump like floyd just did. but my hesitation is more about taking a 4th freshmen in general as opposed to a tried and true transfer that could be a difference maker on a potential top 5 team if things break right. i want to go all in on '22.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sure i realize he's under valued, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a big bump like floyd just did. but my concern is more about taking a 4th freshmen in general, whether it's jj or denver, as opposed to a tried and true transfer that could be a difference maker on a potential top 5 team if things break right. i want to go all in on '22.
Now that the talent on the roster is upgraded top to bottom, I wouldn't expect DH to add transfers every year like some programs. Sure, there will be the occasional one if the fit is right, especially the way the portal has gone bonkers. With that said, coach has made his stance pretty clear that he prefers to build the program recruiting high school talent. Getting Anglin gives us that extra shooter which will help us go all in for 2022. Our roster will be stacked. As long as several key players don't unexpectedly turn pro, we should have plenty of artillery to make a serious run.

Reaction Score

FWIW I wouldn't say that Anglin is a13th man behind Gaff, Diggins, or Floyd. I think Cole if here is probably the obvious candidate for our best guard with Hawkins. But all those other 4 guys could end up getting PT if they practice hard.

IMO? Anglin is the kind of kid you can't keep off the floor. Similar to CV. Yeah, he's small. But they both play so hard and shoot the ball so well that you can't NOT play them.

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
FWIW I wouldn't say that Anglin is a13th man behind Gaff, Diggins, or Floyd. I think Cole if here is probably the obvious candidate for our best guard with Hawkins. But all those other 4 guys could end up getting PT if they practice hard.

IMO? Anglin is the kind of kid you can't keep off the floor. Similar to CV. Yeah, he's small. But they both play so hard and shoot the ball so well that you can't NOT play them.
You give us $$$$. My penny’s worth absolutely agrees with you. Anglin is the blue collar worker JC looked for. Additionally he makes others around him better.

Reaction Score
Also, realized I did this breakdown and forgot about it:

Denver vs. Patrick School

25 PTS
1 REB (1 offensive)
3 AST (4 potential / 1 foul)

2 TO
0 STL
1 BLK

3/9 2FG
5/7 3FG
4/4 FT
  • Looks more like 5’9. Boat size.
  • Too much zone from his team. It's boring
  • Naas Cunningham is a future NBA all-star. Seriously. The kid is SO GOOD for a 2024.
  • Better passer than Starling. Not great, but he’s making some inside reads.
  • Not a good enough ballhandler to be a lead guard. But not bad, and can be a complimentary piece. Not gonna break guys down at all.
  • Dynamite shooter. Quick release. Seriously might be the best shooter we've recruited in the 10 years I've followed it.
  • Pretty right hand dominant
  • Frankly, he’s pretty terrible at the rim. Not really a super vertical athlete and doesn’t have the craftiness around the rim other small guys have.
  • TPS Faceguarded him the second half because he scored or assisted 22/37 of his teams points.
  • Looks like a high IQ player to me. He has a good sense for the pace and
  • Really the reason why he’s a sub-100 ranked player is his size and handle not being exceptional. Has a lot of other skills IMO.
  • How does he play when he isn’t the lead guy?

Nice quick 3

Silly TO
GSB Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Patrick School (Formerly St. Patrick's High School)

Contested 3
GSB Boys Varsity Basketball vs. Patrick School (Formerly St. Patrick's High School)

Drawing the charge--you know coach loves that

Short man block!

Another 3

Botched layup

Great hit ahead

Assist

Drive for 2

TO

Tough 3

Missed 2

Nice behind the back potential assist

Drawing the foul

Transition 2

Missed 2

Offensive board and putback

Screen and roll assist
Botched 2… TPS really double/triple teamed him second half

Missed 2

Missed 2… rushed

Bricked 2

Late 3

Reaction Score
Likes a bunch of UConn stuff on Twitter. Best school to offer. Makes sense, would be a nice pickup.
who else has offered him? must be in an old thread

Reaction Score
Well considering he's liking stuff about committing here on Twitter, I'd imagine we're the favorite.
Lotta kids like a lot of stuff on Twitter though. I thought someone said he’s liked tweets from multiple fan bases.

Reaction Score
Providence, Miami, UConn, Northwestern, Stanford, Georgetown, Notre Dame and Xavier
Seton Hall, St. John's, Creighton...Cuse was also going to offer but too late.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom