2020 Recruiting: - Denver Anglin at Peach Jam | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Denver Anglin at Peach Jam

Reaction Score
Shot 6 of 8 from the field, 5 of 7 from 3.
1626277160771.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That stat line is one that screams "stat-sheet filler". No blocks, tho.

Reaction Score
And, how about Denver Anglin? Has to be one of the most slept on players in the entire 2022 class. Absolute flame thrower and he hit five of seven three-point attempts on day one. He finished with 17 points and I bet you if the Rens didn’t have such a big lead, he might've been able to hit more than just five threes. Be on the lookout for him, Filipowski, and the rest of this stacked Rens team.

Reaction Score
If we can get Karaban and one of Starling/Anglin, our shooting woes will be a distant memory. Those 2 with Hawkins next year is plenty of firepower from the perimeter. Would also allow our big men to eat without getting doubled nearly as much. Feel like this year could be good if we find some offense. Next year potentially could be great/special if most key players stay and the recruiting shakes out the way we hope.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tune into the Rens game right now if you can. Anglin is 4/6 from deep in the first half. He's in a rhythm from deep this weekend... blowing up
Your analysis is so detailed I don't feel the need to ever give my 2 cents. So here's a penny.

I watched the full game of Gil St. Bernard vs Bergen Catholic from a link you provided in the first Anglin thread. I wanted Denver Anglin badly after watching that game.

My impression of Gil St. Bernard is it's a 3 player team and a lot of support type players. Denver is far and away the most talented player on that team. Their center is possibly a high major talent but most likely mid major bound. The third player with any potential is possibly a low major or Div. 2 player. I know I disagree with your assessment of that team. But to quote someone you are very familiar with I tell it like it is.

In that game the score was close until the center (don't know his name) was taken out of the game because of an ankle injury. After that happened the game stayed close for a while but eventually Bergan Catholic was able to build a sizable lead. Without support even the best players can be neutralized. What impressed me the most wasn't his skill set - which is quite developed on both offense and defense. It's his heart.

After that injury this kid was asked to carry the team on his shoulders. He was involved in more plays by far than the next closest player. In spite of the fact this effort would have made him exhausted, in spite of his team losing by double digits and growing and in spite of the fact it was obvious the team was going to lose, Anglin continued to play 110% on every play and encouraged his team mates to do so as well. And he did it without scowling, any anger or any negative attributes we sometimes observe from players who put their all into a game knowing it's fruitless.

His floor is CV. I believe it will be higher. But even if the floor is the ceiling picture what CV would have done with the talent Hurley is bringing in.

Reaction Score
Your analysis is so detailed I don't feel the need to ever give my 2 cents. So here's a penny.

I watched the full game of Gil St. Bernard vs Bergen Catholic from a link you provided in the first Anglin thread. I wanted Denver Anglin badly after watching that game.

My impression of Gil St. Bernard is it's a 3 player team and a lot of support type players. Denver is far and away the most talented player on that team. Their center is possibly a high major talent but most likely mid major bound. The third player with any potential is possibly a low major or Div. 2 player. I know I disagree with your assessment of that team. But to quote someone you are very familiar with I tell it like it is.

In that game the score was close until the center (don't know his name) was taken out of the game because of an ankle injury. After that happened the game stayed close for a while but eventually Bergan Catholic was able to build a sizable lead. Without support even the best players can be neutralized. What impressed me the most wasn't his skill set - which is quite developed on both offense and defense. It's his heart.

After that injury this kid was asked to carry the team on his shoulders. He was involved in more plays by far than the next closest player. In spite of the fact this effort would have made him exhausted, in spite of his team losing by double digits and growing and in spite of the fact it was obvious the team was going to lose, Anglin continued to play 110% on every play and encouraged his team mates to do so as well. And he did it without scowling, any anger or any negative attributes we sometimes observe from players who put their all into a game knowing it's fruitless.

His floor is CV. I believe it will be higher. But even if the floor is the ceiling picture what CV would have done with the talent Hurley is bringing in.

FWIW the SF they have is a 2024 named Naas Cunningham who is probably a top 5 player in his class IMO.

Great input though. I agree... love seeing him playing hard despite the blowout. He is a lot like CV/Bazz mixed sort of, imo.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
FWIW the SF they have is a 2024 named Naas Cunningham who is probably a top 5 player in his class IMO.

Great input though. I agree... love seeing him playing hard despite the blowout. He is a lot like CV/Bazz mixed sort of, imo.
Did not know the player's class. Makes a significant difference.

Did I mention I like Asheville. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
With Anglin making a decision so soon, I'm a little surprised we haven't heard of a leader leaking out. Perhaps now that a timeframe has been established, we will get a crystal ball or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom