December UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
they could certainly use that one extra outside shooter this season.........not a lot of scoring coming off the bench...........just imagine if Walker stayed for her senior year......
No.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
they could certainly use that one extra outside shooter this season.........not a lot of scoring coming off the bench...........just imagine if Walker stayed for her senior year......
The other place the lack of a quality deep shooter is showing up is in transition. One of the staples of the UCONN offense has always been the 3 ball in transition off a drag screen, trail or just having one of the wings run wide to the corner where the defense is not even concerned. That is gone from the UCONN offense right now. The next drag screen this team sets in transition will be the first.

Reaction Score
The other place the lack of a quality deep shooter is showing up is in transition. One of the staples of the UCONN offense has always been the 3 ball in transition off a drag screen, trail or just having one of the wings run wide to the corner where the defense is not even concerned. That is gone from the UCONN offense right now. The next drag screen this team sets in transition will be the first.

as somebody else said, it's a real shame that one of next year's three excellent outside shooters isn't on the team a year early.........but when you think about it UConn does have three players capable of making that shot and hopefully Westbrook will make it four over time

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you know if her St. Johns HS season has been called off or just delayed?
Was wondering the same of Saylor. If so then Saylor might want to jump on this Fusion team and get a good run in with Azzi since she doesn’t live that far away. I had also forgotten that the NCAA extended AAU season and exhibition events.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KML was lethal on that play!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything about Saylor's or Azzi's seasons being cancelled. They were postponed, and the virus numbers are worse now than previously. I'm hoping for a successful season, even if it starts late.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A couple of UConn POI were named 4.5 star prospects by ProspectsNation:

Oddly enough they list Betts as a 4.5 star, while she was is the consensus #1 at this point. Ashlon Jackson and KK Bransford are the other two. The 5 star prospects will be announced today.

Five stars, who I assume will make up their top-6, are Isuneh Brady, Janiah Barker, Kiki Rice, Ayanna Patterson, Ashlyn Watkins, and Timea Gardner.

One Husky and three Husky targets.

If Betts is outside their top-6 that would be a shock among shocks.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/18

Imani Lester ('22): 14 points

Joyce Edwards ('24): 12 points

Reaction Score
Five stars, who I assume will make up their top-6, are Isuneh Brady, Janiah Barker, Kiki Rice, Ayanna Patterson, Ashlyn Watkins, and Timea Gardner.

One Husky and three Husky targets.

If Betts is outside their top-6 that would be a shock among shocks.

I consider Ashlyn Watkins a “probable” Gamecock of the future since she lives in Columbia, has been under Dawn’s eye since the 8th grade and her ha coach is one of Dawn’s former players.

I should be biased and consider her a super 5 star.

No. she is a super leaper who can dunk. She’s an excelllent rebounder and shot blocker. However, she does not have great offensive skills. Her interior shooting is okay but not great. She has almost no range in her shooting. Her footwork around the offensive basket certainly doesn’t match a Maya Nnaji

ihope we get her because she is a super athlete. However, her offensive skills are not those of the other listed five stars.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/19

Joyce Edwards: 18 points, 19 rebounds

Ashlynn Shade: 10 points

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The PN write-up of their new "4.5" star players in the 2022 class includes this tidbit on Ashlon Jackson:

Players like Ashlon Jackson of China, Texas, and Savannah Henderson of Orlando, Florida, are fantastic examples of players who have talent plus an “it-factor” that makes their impact more than just at their position.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Azzi is somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11". If I see her, I'll ask her. Saylor told me personally she is 6'2".

When you see Azzi play in person or on TV, you won't even think about her height. Sue's FT and 3-point shooting records are in major jeopardy. Azzi is the best female shooter I've ever seen.
If you think she's better than KML then she must be pretty good.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't think MilfordHusky is the only one who thinks that.

Maybe so but I want to be (Happily) convinced. KML has a long history of clutch back breaking 3pt shots in the biggest moments.

Reaction Score
Maybe so but I want to be (Happily) convinced. KML has a long history of clutch back breaking 3pt shots in the biggest moments.
I've seen Azzi and KML in person and the shots themselves are very comparable. Just so sound that they don't break down.

The difference between them is just how much more mobile Azzi is than KML. It's like night and day. Azzi can really get into spots and get her shot off wherever and whenever she wants. She always takes that buzzer beater shot at the end of quarters and she makes them like KML did. They both have the ice in their veins mentality.

What I can't wait for is how Geno describes her defense next year. I feel like a chair will be discussed.... lol.

I will keep saying this no matter what folks think. When I watch Azzi, its like KML and Maya Moore were mashed up together to form her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It looks like Aalyah Del Rosario is now Blue Star 30 and probably only a step away from being a Philly Belle when AAU season resumes. Great move as she will only get better. What continues to stand out are her hands and mobility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman