December UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Young lady from Arlington, just a few miles from me. She's really, really, really, really good. And a very nice person.

1606974240603.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Young lady from Arlington, just a few miles from me. She's really, really, really, really good. And a very nice person.

View attachment 61957
Maybe you and I can go see her if she plays in NYC. Hopefully she won't be playing in that spooky graveyard school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How tall is she? UCONN needs bigs-allegedly!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hope people realize after 2 phenomenal classes in a row, the 2022 class is probably gonna be a bit of a down year. UCONN already had 12 players for 22-23 season already. Of course things could change.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How tall is she? UCONN needs bigs-allegedly!
Azzi is somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11". If I see her, I'll ask her. Saylor told me personally she is 6'2".

When you see Azzi play in person or on TV, you won't even think about her height. Sue's FT and 3-point shooting records are in major jeopardy. Azzi is the best female shooter I've ever seen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe you and I can go see her if she plays in NYC. Hopefully she won't be playing in that spooky graveyard school.
Over the years, Christ the King has buried some of their opponents. :D

Maybe you and I can get vaccinated by spring! :)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Hope people realize after 2 phenomenal classes in a row, the 2022 class is probably gonna be a bit of a down year. UCONN already had 12 players for 22-23 season already. Of course things could change.
Maybe down in quantity but hopefully still high in quality.;) I believe having Brady prevents it from being a down year, even if she is the only recruit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe down in quantity but hopefully still high in quality.;) I believe having Brady prevents it from being a down year, even if she is the only recruit.
I agree with you partly because Brady project to be a Day1 impact player. I would disagree slightly from this aspect, UCONN is still involved with far too many '22 player with mutual interest ( Betts, Patterson, Barker, Gardiner? Rice, Jackson, Isai, Bransford?) to come away with only a 1 player class in '22.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I agree with you partly because Brady project to be a Day1 impact player. I would disagree slightly from this aspect, UCONN is still involved with far too many '22 player with mutual interest ( Betts, Patterson, Barker, Gardiner? Rice, Jackson, Isai, Bransford?) to come away with only a 1 player class in '22.
I know they are. I just added that remark to emphasize what Brady's impact should be. I am hoping for at least two more of the recruits UConn is recruiting. Also, I wonder if the coaching staff is in on any foreign recruits for 2022/23.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Over the years, Christ the King has buried some of their opponents. :D

Maybe you and I can get vaccinated by spring! :)
Like I said, I've already had the virus. That however doesn't mean I ain't first on line to get this arm bite. No one knows the real percentages as to whether you can get this thing again.

Reaction Score
I agree with both of you to a certain extent. Compared to 20/21, yes 22 could be a "down" year, but mostly because we will not be looking for a recruiting class of 4 top recruits because of roster size. Maybe the way I would look at it is potentially like the year we got Katie Lou and Napheesa. That was a two player class but a very good one.

With Ice we may be halfway to having that kind of a class, while still in on a half dozen or so top prospects. If we get one of those to team with Ice, I think it could be considered a very good class when considering the current roster overload. If nobody transferred (unlikely) then you could even make the case that we don't need anybody else, but of course things happen so you keep recruiting.

Strategy wise I think it means Geno goes for the top prospects in 22, and quality not quantity. If he gets two more with Ice he should pinch himself, celebrate if he gets one, and not worry too much if Ice is it for 22, unless the transfers are significant, but of course with this roster they could be. The foreign option might also be a good plan B if he strikes out with the top US targets that year, or gets a surprise transfer. Sometimes they commit later and can fill a hole after the US players have committed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree with both of you to a certain extent. Compared to 20/21, yes 22 could be a "down" year, but mostly because we will not be looking for a recruiting class of 4 top recruits because of roster size. Maybe the way I would look at it is potentially like the year we got Katie Lou and Napheesa. That was a two player class but a very good one.

With Ice we may be halfway to having that kind of a class, while still in on a half dozen or so top prospects. If we get one of those to team with Ice, I think it could be considered a very good class when considering the current roster overload. If nobody transferred (unlikely) then you could even make the case that we don't need anybody else, but of course things happen so you keep recruiting.

Strategy wise I think it means Geno goes for the top prospects in 22, and quality not quantity. If he gets two more with Ice he should pinch himself, celebrate if he gets one, and not worry too much if Ice is it for 22, unless the transfers are significant, but of course with this roster they could be. The foreign option might also be a good plan B if he strikes out with the top US targets that year, or gets a surprise transfer. Sometimes they commit later and can fill a hole after the US players have committed.
Agree entirely especially with the proposed strategy and would add this politically incorrect statement-Not all the current UCONN recruits are going to pan out. A year form now UCONN adding talent might be a necessity not the luxury some are anticipating. BTW KLS and Napheesa were in a three person class. Boykin was part of that 2015 class as well.

Reaction Score
I know they are. I just added that remark to emphasize what Brady's impact should be. I am hoping for at least two more of the recruits UConn is recruiting. Also, I wonder if the coaching staff is in on any foreign recruits for 2022/23.
I agree that 3 will be the magic number in 22.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Agree entirely especially with the proposed strategy and would add this politically incorrect statement-Not all the current UCONN recruits are going to pan out. A year form now UCONN adding talent might be a necessity not the luxury some are anticipating. BTW KLS and Napheesa were in a three person class. Boykin was part of that 2015 class as well.
Absolutely 100% correct. That is why I want them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom