December UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So I wonder with all these young players getting photos with Azzi and Paige (and most certainly Paige social media followers) if this should give UConn the inside edge on recruiting them, you know "my dream school was UConn where my favorite player went to school"...:rolleyes:
Undoubtedly!
1607457765619.png

Amari: Yea, I'm thinking about going to UCONN.
Stewie: What's there to think about? You do want to be the best right?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't trust the 5-5. I'd like to see her and CD stand side by side.
Me likes her. Her lack of size will leave plenty of room for her to play with a huge chip on her shoulder.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was at Chaminade in the early 60s. Here is the 1963 CHSAA All-City Team: Val Reid, LaSalle (played at Syracuse); Willie Wolters, Loughlin (Kara's father; played for Bob Cousy at Boston College); Lew Alcindor, Power Memorial; Lloyd "Sonny" Dove, St. Francis Prep (played at St. John's U. and in the NBA); Chris Chimera, LaSalle.
Sonny Dove!

Reaction Score
Me likes her. Her lack of size will leave plenty of room for her to play with a huge chip on her shoulder.
Oh, I like her. She’s like the second coming of Muggsy Bogues. I just wonder about defensive limitations and getting the 3 off because she’ll actually get guarded at the college level.

Reaction Score
Have we heard anything lately about Jaelyn Bates from Volcano Vista in Albuquerque? She is now a junior and was 2nd team All-State as a sophomore. She has an offer from New Mexico and interest from some other D-1 schools.
I was wondering about her recently too, I noticed that she still doesn’t have a ESPN profile, she definitely looked like good shooter and a fun player to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oh, I like her. She’s like the second coming of Muggsy Bogues. I just wonder about defensive limitations and getting the 3 off because she’ll actually get guarded at the college level.

You watch the videos I posted? She's a defensive demon. Dogged, determined. Quicker feet than Moriah.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This is not me asking the question, if you're wondering. I have a feeling it is one of our members though.

And IDK if this guy is on the BY, but I see him posting a lot on Twitter and IG asking recruits and/or their proxies over and over how tall they are, when they’re playing next, when is so and so committing...

And if you are here and reading this, can I politely suggest you tone it down a touch? It’s not quite Coach Jumper sliding into recruits’ DMs, but sometimes it comes across as a little... weird.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/7

Ashlon Jackson outscored her team's opponent 26-17 on Tuesday in an 83-pt victory.

Here are the last 3+ quarters. AJ is #3 in red.

Jackson hits two long threes and a fadeaway jumper in the paint, and fires a bullet, no-look pass for an assist in the first six minutes.

Another terrific no-look assist at 41:25.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
More Athena Tomlinson who I find quite entertaining. This is from March 2019.

Hard to take your eyes off this lil waterbug, She is so fast and quick with a good shot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amazing timing this. Athena Tomlinson ('24) wrote a guest piece in Fresno Sports Magazine that came out today. Among many other things, she says Azzi Fudd is one of her favorite players. Also talks about meeting Kobe Bryant (she played against Gigi Bryant) and what she wants to do in the future.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn has interest in this young lady so early because they heard some of her favorite players are from or going to UConn

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like I said, I've already had the virus. That however doesn't mean I ain't first on line to get this arm bite. No one knows the real percentages as to whether you can get this thing again.

You can test positive twice, just ask Nick Saban. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wasn't Saban's first a false positive?

Could be, I just know he’s tested positive twice and has had his daily routine disrupted. There are reports of people testing positive twice. The first I heard of was a man overseas.
Forgive for not knowing the details, but I’m busy monitoring my own health issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01