OT: - Creighton gets Elite Eight rings. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Creighton gets Elite Eight rings.

Reaction Score
It's easy to forget how large an accomplishment an elite eight or final four are. The vast majority of teams never make it that far. UConn's "Dream Season" was a trip to the elite eight. At most schools that would be a pretty big banner in their gym.

It's tough to relate because was are a spoiled and entitled fan base.
I guess I am okay with them making the rings and giving them out to the team, I just am unsure about promoting it on social media like it's the height of their program (even if it is the height). At some point this stuff becomes a participation trophy scenario to make the kids feel good about themselves.

Reaction Score
Did any of the UConn teams that lost in the Elite 8 get rings? Just curious.
I understand at least 1995
I’m not sure of the others
1990 it probably wasn’t a thing
but that team was honored by the state in many other ways .as it put us onto the national scene beyond our wildest dreams . However post a National Championship with increased expectations it probably doesn’t carry the same significance with the fans in fact improbably 2006 Despite a Big Eadt Title , 30 wins and and a OT loss in the elite it’s viewed by many fans as underachieving.

Reaction Score
So the teams teams didn't make the tournament don't exist? The elite eight are what remains of a field of 362 eligible teams.

And yes, making the field of 64 is considered an accomplishment by most of the D1 college basketball universe. To many it marks a successful season. It is a goal for all of them including UConn. When we make the tournament and lose in the first round, we put it on an existing banner in Gampel. We raise it to the roof. It is small part of a bigger banner but it's up there. Context.
The are known as "Championship Rings" for a reason.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was Creighton’s first Elite Eight and they’re a program that is looking for more. They’re celebrating the biggest tournament moment in program history.

Since Creighton has legit title aspirations and they’re returning a decent amount of players, makes sense to award the kids with something that is also a motivation for this season too.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn is apparently someone's rival.
Apparently. Yet, on any given day I have trouble remembering that Creighton is a member of the Big East.

[Shrugs]

Reaction Score
Just another participation trophy. That's a completely worthless hunk of metal. No one will be wearing it in 15 years. That being said, this will open the door for all the wannabe programs to do the same. Next year it'll be Sweet 16 rings. What's toe over/under for the year the first play-in games will have their own rings.
I can send you something like this instead of a ring? It's Football but hey...

Attachments

• 1959_football_ribbon.jpg
    1959_football_ribbon.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Reaction Score
corny as hell. would have preferred the cash equivalent as a player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom