OT: - Creighton gets Elite Eight rings. | The Boneyard

OT: Creighton gets Elite Eight rings.

Reaction Score
Take a look:
F7x5IjjXIAE7y_t.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's easy to forget how large an accomplishment an elite eight or final four are. The vast majority of teams never make it that far. UConn's "Dream Season" was a trip to the elite eight. At most schools that would be a pretty big banner in their gym.

It's tough to relate because was are a spoiled and entitled fan base.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Just another participation trophy. That's a completely worthless hunk of metal. No one will be wearing it in 15 years. That being said, this will open the door for all the wannabe programs to do the same. Next year it'll be Sweet 16 rings. What's toe over/under for the year the first play-in games will have their own rings.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Moving forward, the only accepted self gift for 8th place should be a bunch of brass balls in memory of Creighton thinking they deserved rings in 2023.

Reactions: Orc
Reaction Score
An elite-8 is an accomplishment worth celebrating. I'm good w/ it.
I think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating as well. I just don't think a ring should be awarded for it. Who made those rings? The NCAA?

Reaction Score
Wow… that’s a nice looking ring..do all the players and coaches get that ring?…who pays for it?… uconn?…ncaa?…anyone know the value?
NCAA

You can order a replica ring online for a couple hundred bucks.

Reaction Score
Rings are fine to give out to commemorate Elite 8's, Final 4's, whatever......But my guess is the only rings that are actually worn for life by players/coaches are College/Pro Championship Rings. I doubt any Creighton players will be wearing Elite 8 rings very much.

Reaction Score
It's easy to forget how large an accomplishment an elite eight or final four are. The vast majority of teams never make it that far. UConn's "Dream Season" was a trip to the elite eight. At most schools that would be a pretty big banner in their gym.

Having been through a few heartbreakers 1990 *1995 * 2002 , 2006 I have no problem it’s a great achievement . Those kids went out on their shields
*lost to the NC

Reaction Score
Schools can put banners up for anything these days. Elite eight is definitely worthy of a banner in my opinion. I suppose banners and rings can be thrown together but honestly I don’t see Creighton as a team that cannot get to National Championship status which is why I find it a little cringeworthy. I think their ceiling is higher for a ring. It’s a cool ring… ours is cooler tho :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

And arrogant, don't forget arrogant.

Reaction Score
The only major sport that makes a big deal of finishing 8th (or worse). That is the power of Marketing in action. If it was just called the Quarter Finals, no one would care. Call it the Elite 8, now it's a thing!

I wouldn't want or wear one as a competitor, but if the next person wants to, cool with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom