Countries You've Been | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Countries You've Been

Reaction Score
Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany (East and West Germany before the wall came down and boths were unified), England, Portugal, Switzerland, England, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Israel, Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Bahamas, Belize, Kaman Islands, Monaco, and Puerto Rico.

Almost went to live in New Zealand for a while, but decided to stay at home. I sometimes regret not jumping at that opportunity.

I think that covers it. I was surprised that I've been to so many countires. Never took an inventory of where I've been before. I lived in Spain for a couple years back in the late 80s and got to travel through western Europe at that time. Between going somewhere else or going back to Europe, I think I'd like to go back there again. With HD TV you can see a lot of the world without having to go everywhere. There are some places that I'm just fine seeing from afar, though I'd still like to travel again sometime soon.

I've heard Greece, particularly the Greek Islands are a great place to go. Never got to southern Italy. That would be a nice destination. China has always intrigued me. Never got to the Scandanavian countries. Amost went to Denmark one winter, but it was too darn cold, and instead traveled south.

I love those shows where they disover something new, but they're either too buggy, dangerous, crappy food, crappy weather...I'll just keep those adventures to those on Discovery, Animal Planet, etc. :)

Reaction Score
France, Germany, Netherlands, Japan all courtesy of my employer. We have labs and plants there.

Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Grenada and the setting for my profile pic - Turks & Caicos.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
England (& Scotland if that counts), Ireland (& Northern Ireland if that counts), Portugal, France, Brazil, Mexico, Bahamas, Canada. And I live less than two miles from Rhode Island, the most foreign place of all. More to come, although a return to Ireland is next on the list.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Argentina; Aruba; Australia; Bahamas; Belgium; Bermuda; Canada; Cayman Islands; Costa Rica; England; France; Germany (for about 3 hours); Haiti (Labadee - on a cruise - barely counts); Hong Kong; Italy (and Vatican); Jamaica; Netherlands; New Zealand; Mexico; Thailand; Uruguay; Vietnam

Wish List: Israel; Spain; Greece; Turkey; Japan; China; India; more of South America; Ireland; Scotland; Cuba

Reaction Score
It seems like Boneyard members are luckier than the majority of the general populace when it comes to traveling. Quite a few countries covered.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Come on, guys! Puerto Rico is not another country. It's part of the United States. (Moreso than Syracuse, NY; Chestnut Hill, MA; and Piscataway, NJ.)

Reaction Score
Italy, Vatican, Spain, France, Monaco, Switzerland, Canada, Mexico, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, St. Lucia. And Texas.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
On my first real trip overseas. I went to Canada as a kid but am in Hong Kong this week for work.

Reaction Score
The first time I was walking around in Chinatown in Singapore I smelled this awful odor...needless to say it was durian. It literally smelled like Shot to me. When I was back this past February, it did not smell quite as bad. Maybe the next time I will be ordering as part of a fruit salad. We got my Brazilian friend to try it. Needless to say he did not care for it either. He almost gagged. Like most have implied, it definitely is an acquired taste.

Thanks for the warning!

Reaction Score
Brazil 3X(going again in July for a 4th time), England, France, Netherlands, Belgium(well went through on the Eurostar), Jamaica, Grand Caymans, Honduras, Mexico, Belize, and Canada. I still really want to go to Greece, Cost Rica and South Africa.

Reaction Score
Don't know if I can do this - Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, China, Vietnam, England, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Chec Republic, Scotland, Greece, Germany, Sweden, Croatia, Mexico, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, BVI, West Indies, Puerto Rico (sort of country), St Maarten, St Bart, Panama, Bahamas. Think I missed a few but I enjoyed that.

Reaction Score
Seems like everyone is well traveled. What would you say has been your favorite country that you have visited? Mine would have to be Cambodia..getting invited by some locals to a 900 guest Cambodian wedding and everyone dancing to "Gangnam Style" is hard experience for me to top.

Orc

Reaction Score
Asia - Philippines
Africa - Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, Zanzibar, Tanzania
South America - Ecuador(Galapagos), Peru
Central/North America - Mexico, Canada, Belize, Honduras
Caribbean- Cayman Islands
Europe - UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, France, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey

Traveling to Eastern Europe in August.

Reaction Score
Here's mine...it comes to about 70. :)

I've lived in several of them too. i'm living in Vietnam now - i may be moving to Singapore soon.

Albania
Austria
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burma/Myanmar
Cambodia
Canada
China
Croatia
Czech republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Egypt
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Indonesia
UK/Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Laos
Latvia
Lichtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Transdniestr/Transnistria*
Turkey
UK/England
Ukraine
United States
Vatican
Vietnam

Reaction Score
I left out a couple Malta and Sicily.

I like walkable cities; my favorites: Dublin, Copenhagen, Oaxaca, with honorable mention to Vienna.

arch

Reaction Score
Bermuda, Argentina, Belgium, Belize,Botswana, Canada, Chili, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Figi, France, Haiti, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Northern Ireland, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Switzerland, Tanzania, the Vatican, Zambia.

Reaction Score
Not including airport transits: Canada, US, Guatemala, Fiji, Solomon Islands, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Egypt, Morocco, Senegal, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Mali, Nigeria, Cameroon, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Djibouti, and I stepped across the border into Somalia about 100 yards.

Hey Sam, how was traveling in Africa? It's the continent that intimidates me the most - I'd like to get over that fear and take the plunge. I've heard it can be very expensive as well.

Reaction Score
The timing of this thread is perfect. I'm also a travel junkie and just got back from a backpacking trip in South America a couple days ago. My current list (in alphabetical order):

Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India (more times than I can count), Italy, Japan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vatican City.

Hey Buhusky, can you give some tips on backpacking in South America? Was it easy? Dangerous? Expensive? Awesome? I want to plan an epic trip soon. One idea is to go through the former ussr states starting with georgia and then continue through southern China back to vietnam - all by land. An Africa tour is another option if I can get my head around it. I think a South America tour would be a great option as well.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Hey Sam, how was traveling in Africa? It's the continent that intimidates me the most - I'd like to get over that fear and take the plunge. I've heard it can be very expensive as well.

I've lived here for 9 of the last 13 years and haven't had any problems, but I'm not backpacking either. There are plenty of people who travel here and make out great; some that don't. My one bit of avdice is take you malaria prophylaxis as cerebral malaria can kill you in 24 hours. Favorite country in Africa is Ethiopia. Safe, beautiful and culturally fascinating. Fly in on Ethiopian Airlines (a very good airline that flys to the US) and all your internal flights are cheap.

Reaction Score
I've lived here for 9 of the last 13 years and haven't had any problems, but I'm not backpacking either. There are plenty of people who travel here and make out great; some that don't. My one bit of avdice is take you malaria prophylaxis as cerebral malaria can kill you in 24 hours. Favorite country in Africa is Ethiopia. Safe, beautiful and culturally fascinating. Fly in on Ethiopian Airlines (a very good airline that flys to the US) and all your internal flights are cheap.

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to do some research to figure out a doable route. On my "expensive" comment, I was referring to stories my wife told me about Angola (her mother is from Angola and actually my wife was conceived there) - $10 for a can of coke, etc. apparently Luanda is one of the most expensive cities in the world. I've heard similar stories about other African countries.

Reaction Score
I'm a travel addict so I figured it would be cool to see which countries people have been to.

Mine:

Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Belgium & Switzerland.

Tomorrow I am headed on a 31 day post grad backpacking trip. If anyone has been to these places and can provide their favorite sites or restaurants it'd be greatly appreciated.

Im going to: Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Vienna, and Budapest.
I did an eerily similar trip after graduating from UConn, took about 3 months.
Rome (yuck except Sistine Chapel), Munich (GREAT!) (w/girlfriend for those two), Florence (FUN), Venice (Different), Salzburg (Great Youth Hostel parties!) in common.

Then did a bunch more finishing in Great Britain & Ireland. Will try and remember some places and add to this, Monk's breweries in Salzburg were a highlight.

Reaction Score
Here's mine...it comes to about 70. :)

I've lived in several of them too. i'm living in Vietnam now - i may be moving to Singapore soon.

Albania
Austria
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burma/Myanmar
Cambodia
Canada
China
Croatia
Czech republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Egypt
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
India
Indonesia
UK/Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Laos
Latvia
Lichtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Transdniestr/Transnistria*
Turkey
UK/England
Ukraine
United States
Vatican
Vietnam

What do you do for work? Whatever it is sounds like my dream job.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Seems like everyone is well traveled. What would you say has been your favorite country that you have visited? Mine would have to be Cambodia..getting invited by some locals to a 900 guest Cambodian wedding and everyone dancing to "Gangnam Style" is hard experience for me to top.

Loved Peru. Saw a lot of the country. Very third world in spots and modern in a few places, although it is hard to go there without having at least a day or more with intestinal issues. Machu Pichu, the Amazon rain forest, the high Andes and Lake Titicaca, Lima and more. Very different from every where else I've been except Venice Beach.:cool: That's another world altogether. Actually going there in a few weeks and will be staying one night in a place that was the Doors' Jim Morrison's home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom