Countries You've Been | The Boneyard

Countries You've Been

Reaction Score
I'm a travel addict so I figured it would be cool to see which countries people have been to.

Mine:

Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Belgium & Switzerland.

Tomorrow I am headed on a 31 day post grad backpacking trip. If anyone has been to these places and can provide their favorite sites or restaurants it'd be greatly appreciated.

Im going to: Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Vienna, and Budapest.

Reaction Score
UK, Germany, Italy, Vatican City Mexico Spain (Madrid airport)
Jamaica, Canada, Barbados, Martineque Aruba and the Caymens
Planning a trip to Europe next year to see France Netherlands and Switzerland. Always wanted to see the Lourve
This year St Martin

I'm currently in Conn freezing to death
Oldest Grandson just graduated from college
work is just a faint memory

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
'Murica
'Canada

Ever since that kid was caned in Singapore many years ago, i've always worried that i would spit on the ground and somehow be imprisoned for 2 decades. BUT, my wife was raised in Vietnam, and she wants me to go there with her to see family. I'm not sure how much longer i can stall.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Netherlands, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, South Africa, Kuwait, Qatar, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Japan

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Ireland, No. Ireland, Vatican, Italy, Germany, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, France

You are going to love Cinque Terre. Bring your climbing shoes. Since you are going to be there, try to get Pisa and Verona in too.

Reaction Score
Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, India, Singapore, Mexico, Canada, Brazil. Philippines most likely next year.

huskyblue, Singapore is cool. I've been there a couple times for work. Just avoid chewing gum and taking durian on the MRT. Never had any problems.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only time I've left the country was to cities that begin with T. Toronto and Tijuana. I'm not sure those really count.

Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, Belize, Bahamas, Ireland, England, Spain, Netherlands, France, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Israel, Moscow airport (enough of Russia for me), Italy.

As far as the places you're visiting, Rome is very touristy but the sites are still very impressive. Amsterdam is a fun city, whether you partake or not (and I strongly suggest the Anne Frank house while you're there). Paris is my favorite city, especially now that the locals are a little nicer to tourists. If you can swing it, rent a car in Germany and drive up into Bavaria for a bit because it is absolutely beautiful. Everyone has yelp or some form of it, so it should be pretty easy to find good restaurants and remember to head outside of the basic tourist stuff sometimes.

Reaction Score
I'm a travel addict so I figured it would be cool to see which countries people have been to.

Mine:

Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Belgium & Switzerland.

Tomorrow I am headed on a 31 day post grad backpacking trip. If anyone has been to these places and can provide their favorite sites or restaurants it'd be greatly appreciated.

Im going to: Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Prague, Salzburg, Munich, Vienna, and Budapest.

In Munich, you got to hit the Hofbrauhaus in downtown. Gotta love the German beer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Belize, Aruba, Bermuda, Puerto Rico (technically not foreign) England, Ireland, Peru, Holland, Belgium, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, cup of tea in Slovak Republic, Spain and Gibraltar. Hoping to add several others in other parts of the planet before my arteries completely harden. Also been in 39 of the 50 states. When you get the travel bug it bites hard. Is the Boneyard a foreign country?

Reaction Score
'Murica
'Canada

Ever since that kid was caned in Singapore many years ago, i've always worried that i would spit on the ground and somehow be imprisoned for 2 decades. BUT, my wife was raised in Vietnam, and she wants me to go there with her to see family. I'm not sure how much longer i can stall.
Singapore is one of the few places I've actually been, although only for 3-4 days and working. Very nice, very CLEAN city. Spent an hour or 2 in Narita (Tokyo airport), coming and going from Singapore. That is one LONG trip. Stationed in San Diego, so I saw Tijuana and a few miles further down Baja 1. Drove back through western Canada from just east of Vancouver to Regina. Pristine country. Did a long weekend in St. Lucia for my daughter's wedding, with a few hours in San Juan, PR. Made a western Caribbean cruise that anchored in Grand Cayman, Belize, and Cozumel. Ireland and Scotland are on my bucket list if I win the lottery.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Been south as far as Canal St.
Been west as far as Ithica, NY
Been east as far as Machias, ME
Been north as far as Fort Kent, ME

Reaction Score
Canada, Mexico, USA, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Bahamas, Bermuda, England, Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Greece, Turkey.

Reaction Score
Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, India, Singapore, Mexico, Canada, Brazil. Philippines most likely next year.

huskyblue, Singapore is cool. I've been there a couple times for work. Just avoid chewing gum and taking durian on the MRT. Never had any problems.

What's the chewing gum thing about?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
England, Canada, France, Bermuda, St. Kitts, Mexico, Nevis, Scotland and Martinique. Thinking about Costa Rica next. I've heard good things.

Reaction Score
England, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Canada, Costa Rica,Belize, Turkey, Egypt, 8 or 9 Caribbean islands, Greece, Ireland and Scotland

Roma is amazing, find a restaurant where the menu is not in English and order wine, cheese, and three or four appetizer. I did not think my wife was going to leave.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Canada, China, England, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Wales.

Reaction Score
China, Mongolia, South Korea, England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belize, Honduras, Aruba, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, DR, Caymans, Mexico, Canada and Storrs

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Mexico, Canada, England, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Monaco, Belgium, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Russia, Ukraine (before it was Ukraine), China, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Angola, Zambia. 26 Counties and, ironically, 26 states.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom