Coughlin steps down. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coughlin steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Call the Maras -who own the team- and ask them why they don't agree with you?

WGAF what Pat Kirwan thinks.
This was just too easy to not respond to:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Mara is talking to GM Jerry Reese about some flawed drafts and personnel issues. "It remains to be seen" if team makes front office moves

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN
Mara making it clear Giants’ issues are personnel related, result of bad drafts. Roster “obviously was lacking in talent.”

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Mara attributes poor draft classes to the team's recent slump. Says changes could be made on the personnel side.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Mara said Jerry knows the lack of talent is on him.

Watch the presser today, or don't, you will continue to sound like a fool either way

Reaction Score
This was just too easy to not respond to:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Mara is talking to GM Jerry Reese about some flawed drafts and personnel issues. "It remains to be seen" if team makes front office moves

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN
Mara making it clear Giants’ issues are personnel related, result of bad drafts. Roster “obviously was lacking in talent.”

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Mara attributes poor draft classes to the team's recent slump. Says changes could be made on the personnel side.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Mara said Jerry knows the lack of talent is on him.

Watch the presser today, or don't, you will continue to sound like a fool either way

Yeah, that's great. But Coughlin is gone and the football people who run the Giants kept Reese.

So that would mean that the people actually responsible for these decisions don't really think those tweets are very important.

So maybe you're not really as clued in as you think.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's great. But Coughlin is gone and the football people who run the Giants kept Reese.

So that would mean that the people actually responsible for these decisions don't really think those tweets are very important.

So maybe you're not really as clued in as you think.
An you continue to reinforce yourself as a moronic ....do you even go to NY Giant games?

Reaction Score
An you continue to reinforce yourself as a moronic ....do you even go to NY Giant games?
If I'm a , why is Coughlin gone and Reese still in place?

Why does reality not support your many bold statements? Why is reality running completely counter to your argument?

Really, answer those questions. And retweets are not answers.

Reaction Score
If the Giants overhaul their offensive and defensive lines, linebackers, defensive backs, safeties, and receivers, they'll have a good team!:)

Reaction Score
If I'm a , why is Coughlin gone and Reese still in place?

Why does reality not support your many bold statements? Why is reality running completely counter to your argument?

Really, answer those questions. And retweets are not answers.
Your argument that he is a good GM is based on your opinion. Reese is still employed because the NYG don't fire GM's. You would know that if you followed the team in the least bit. John Mara should have fired them both. I'll ask you again are you a NYG fan and do you go to games? Better yet since you have a lot to say about UCONN football do you have season tickets to that too?

Reaction Score
Your argument that he is a good GM is based on your opinion. Reese is still employed because the NYG don't fire GM's. You would know that if you followed the team in the least bit. John Mara should have fired them both. I'll ask you again are you a NYG fan and do you go to games? Better yet since you have a lot to say about UCONN football do you have season tickets to that too?
No I said he is middle of the pack.

Coughlin lost game after game with bad game day decisions especially his total befuddlement of the clock.

Reaction Score
No I said he is middle of the pack.

Coughlin lost game after game with bad game day decisions especially his total befuddlement of the clock.
Last post here on this Pal...if you were a true NYG fan and knew anything about the NYG and the way they do business and followed any of their beat writers you would realize that the NYG don't fire GM's and that everyone in the NYC media is stunned Reese still has a job. You would also realize that Reese has done a horrible job of stocking the roster with decent draft picks. But alas you are just a stirring troll who by not responding to my questions about going to NYG games probably hasn't stepped foot into Met Life since it has opened. You also by silence on my question to having UCONN season tickets don't have those either but LOVE to run your mouth about what Diaco should do, doesn't do and sucks at.

Reaction Score
Last post here on this Pal...if you were a true NYG fan and knew anything about the NYG and the way they do business and followed any of their beat writers you would realize that the NYG don't fire GM's and that everyone in the NYC media is stunned Reese still has a job. You would also realize that Reese has done a horrible job of stocking the roster with decent draft picks. But alas you are just a stirring troll who by not responding to my questions about going to NYG games probably hasn't stepped foot into Met Life since it has opened. You also by silence on my question to having UCONN season tickets don't have those either but LOVE to run your mouth about what Diaco should do, doesn't do and sucks at.
I started following the Giants when Charlie Conerly was the QB. I know what a bad Giant GM is. Try living through the 70s.

Reaction Score
I started following the Giants when Charlie Conerly was the QB. I know what a bad Giant GM is. Try living through the 70s.

Reaction Score
I did live through the 70's...why do you think I have had enough of John Mara's BS...his father fired Andy Robustelli for similar performance's. He's run out of excuses...next yr they'll miss the playoffs again with a avg team and there will be no one else to fire but Reese.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to interrupt this p**$$ING contest, but just saw end of Coughlin's press conference. Coughlin left podium, John Mara stood up to shake his hand, and Coughlin walked right by him. I would say he is not a big fan of Mara, lol.

Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/the_research_jerry_reese_wanted_it_and_the_giants.html

Draft "hits" from 2007-13 in Rounds 3-7:

(Note: It usually takes three seasons to be able to accurately assess a draft so 2014-15 was not calculated.)

1. Packers – 14
2. Dolphins – 13
T-3. Panthers – 12

T. 28 Giants – 6

Only the Redskins had fewer "hits" than the Giants since Reese took over as general manager.

No fan with a brain can defend Reese's GM abilities or his behavior at the season ending presser. Good for Raanan showing facts to this fool Reese who delusionaly thinks he has done an adequate job.

Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/the_research_jerry_reese_wanted_it_and_the_giants.html

(Note: It usually takes three seasons to be able to accurately assess a draft so 2014-15 was not calculated.)

1. Packers – 14
2. Dolphins – 13
T-3. Panthers – 12

T. 28 Giants – 6

Only the Redskins had fewer "hits" than the Giants since Reese took over as general manager.

No fan with a brain can defend Reese's GM abilities or his behavior at the season ending presser. Good for Raanan showing facts to this fool Reese who delusionaly thinks he has done an adequate job.
Facts don't lie right @Jerry1714 . Instead of being contrite in the presser..his defiance and confrontational attitude to the NYG beat writers earned him what he deserves. I hope Ranaan actually emailed the link to him so he could show him his "numbers"..LOL. Good find!!!

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Actually, he is in the middle of the pack currently. And your comment was that Reese has "the worst drafting record in the history of the NFL." That's not just hyperbole, it's insanity. He's not even the worst Giants GM. Just picking Beckham takes him off that list. LOL.

It is the opposite of a complete disaster.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

1. Packers – 14
2. Dolphins – 13
T-3. Panthers – 12

T. 28 Giants – 6

The worst part of that is there were like three or four hits in the 2007 draft. His first round picks were nothing to write home about (solid but not exceptional), he has an awful second round track record and nearly everything good round three and later occurred in his first draft.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The worst part of that is there were like three or four hits in the 2007 draft. His first round picks were nothing to write home about (solid but not exceptional), he has an awful second round track record and nearly everything good round three and later occurred in his first draft.
Some of the "hits" were also a stretch, Jacquian Williams, Kevin Boss, and Michael Johnson, are considered hits. When this is some of your best work you know you stink.

Reaction Score
Who cares. Clearly too many of you here. Back to Uconn Football.

Reaction Score
Who cares. Clearly too many of you here. Back to Uconn Football.
Ha. You take the time to come into a thread to say "who cares".

No bigger clown move. Go back to the 3,000 other UConn related threads.

Reaction Score
Ha. You take the time to come into a thread to say "who cares".

No bigger clown move. Go back to the 3,000 other UConn related threads.
Ha. Ok. Thanks for the guidance.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Some of the "hits" were also a stretch, Jacquian Williams, Kevin Boss, and Michael Johnson, are considered hits. When this is some of your best work you know you stink.
Jay Alford (3rd), Kevin Boss (5th) and Ahmad Bradshaw (7th) all were significant contributors to the Super Bowl win their rookie years, Michael Johnson (7th) made one enormous play (claiming him a hit however would be a stretch), Zack DeOssie is still around and does qualify. I believe that Reese easily accomplished more in rounds three and later in his first draft than he has in all eight subsequent drafts.

Reaction Score
Jay Alford (3rd), Kevin Boss (5th) and Ahmad Bradshaw (7th) all were significant contributors to the Super Bowl win their rookie years, Michael Johnson (7th) made one enormous play (claiming him a hit however would be a stretch), Zack DeOssie is still around and does qualify. I believe that Reese easily accomplished more in rounds three and later in his first draft than he has in all eight subsequent drafts.
Alford is a stretch he made 1 tackle during the regular season and 5 combined all year in his rookie year. He played 2 seasons in NY and was out of the league after 1 more year in Oakland.

Ahmad and DeOssie were great picks.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I won't argue Alford (although I do seem to remember him being a contributor) as the basic point is that nearly all of what Reese accomplished with later round picks occurred in his first draft.

I believe that what hurt the team most was his belief that all he needed to worry about on defense was pass rushing linemen and CB's (although he missed on my of the latter and only hit on one of the former). That we allowed the linebacker and safety positions to deteriorate as completely as they had was criminal and is what really destroyed the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom