Coughlin steps down. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coughlin steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because I just don't swallow the conventional wisdom lock, stock and barrel? Let's revisit this next January.
You realize our team will be completely different next year?

We have 50 million dollars to spend and another top 10 pick, next years roster will look nothing like the current one. The current one stinks. You are blind or just stupid.

Reaction Score
He should stick to UCONN at least he has a 50/50 shot at being wrong....with the NYG he's all in on being 100% wrong!
He just does not understand the NFL, he thinks a few players make a team. No idea building the middle talent on the roster and depth at key positions is what makes teams good. I am starting to feel a little bad for him for how clueless he looks.

Reaction Score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/rating-general-managers-in-the-nfl-draft/

He is actually last. I mean you are doing a great job showing you know nothing abut the NFL and the Giants.
Sporting news says he is 16th. And you're completely ignoring free agency which is convenient for you but one of the most important parts of the job.

And I notice that list has no place where the players are considered by "how good they are." Geez Lousie that's weak.

And it leaves out Coughlin's mismanagement of personnel. Reese didn't cut Moore. And Reese got Coughlin and Jones and Parker to fill a WR slot. Couhglin cut Jones who immediately made a big impact in Green Bay and kept Parker who dropped key passes heavily contributing to losses in the fist two games.

Reaction Score
Sporting news says he is 16th. And you're completely ignoring free agency which is convenient for you but one of the most important parts of the job.

And I notice that list has no place where the players are considered by "how good they are." Geez Lousie that's weak.
The post was about the draft. Here is another one about the draft and how terrible Reese is: http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/3/1/8083611/scot-mccloughan-and-the-nfls-best-and-worst-drafting-gms

In another thread I already laughed out your for pointing out he was 16th and in turn proving my point. You can go read that, I will not clutter another thread with it.

Reaction Score
The post was about the draft. Here is another one about the draft and how terrible Reese is: http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/3/1/8083611/scot-mccloughan-and-the-nfls-best-and-worst-drafting-gms

In another thread I already laughed out your for pointing out he was 16th and in turn proving my point. You can go read that, I will not clutter another thread with it.

Yeah, and the draft alone is not a measure of a GM. And BTW, that is not a list about NFL history it's a snapshot of current GM, so you've proved my point.

Reaction Score
You are COMPLETELY ignoring actual concrete proof on Reese's draft record..the same guy who has not done very well in FA signings as well. Do you have trouble reading and comprehending numbers @Palatine? .

Reaction Score
Yeah, and the draft alone is not a measure of a GM. And BTW, that is not a list about NFL history it's a snapshot of current GM, so you've proved my point.
You are sticking up for Reese you moron....are you gonna ignore posts with facts and truth like your buddy Nos when it doesn't fit your fantasy?

Reaction Score
Quit while you're ahead and get out of the thread...you'll just keep digging yourself a hole you can't escape...ignore me if you wish...my posts and facts aren't going away in this thread and stand up for themselves.

Reaction Score
I guess a GM who ranks last of current GMs in drafting proves your point how good Reese is, and being ranked the 16th GM out of say 25 eligible contenders makes you great.

My favorite part of it is you said Coughlin and should be the one to go was the issue but he was the 7th rated coach by a publication you use to show how good Reese is, but that same publication ranks Reese 16th.

Man, you are really are dumber than I thought. I feel like I am arguing with Brendan Dassey right now. There is honestly no point in continuing this with you, everyone has called you out for not knowing a thing, no point in continuing arguing with someone who just does not have any clue about what they are talking about

Reaction Score
I guess a GM who ranks last of current GMs in drafting proves your point how good Reese is, and being ranked the 16th GM out of say 25 eligible contenders makes you great.

My favorite part of it is you said Coughlin and should be the one to go was the issue but he was the 7th rated coach by a publication you use to show how good Reese is, but that same publication ranks Reese 16th.

Man, you are really are dumber than I thought. I feel like I am arguing with Brendan Dassey right now. There is honestly no point in continuing this with you, everyone has called you out for not knowing a thing, no point in continuing arguing with someone who just does not have any clue about what they are talking about
He won't be back...or will ignore our posts like his buddy Nos does. When things don't go their way and facts are posted that refute their point..they ignore the posts like they don't exist. That way they can't be wrong. Nice job posting those links Jerry...they were nice to read!

Reaction Score
I have posted a ton of facts. Reese is going nowhere because he has done credible job.

Coughlin is leaving because he has been terrible for years.

And how can you call anyone stupid after posting "The fact that Jerry Reese, who has the worst drafting record in the history of the NFL, is not fired is an absolute disgrace."

Worst in the history of the NFL. Back that up. It is insanity.

Reaction Score
I have posted a ton of facts. Reese is going nowhere because he has done credible job.

Coughlin is leaving because he has been terrible for years.

And how can you call anyone stupid after posting "The fact that Jerry Reese, who has the worst drafting record in the history of the NFL, is not fired is an absolute disgrace."

Worst in the history of the NFL. Back that up. It is insanity.
I didn't make that post you moron..@bmayuc did..it was post #15 in this thread:

The fact that Jerry Reese, who has the worst drafting record in the history of the NFL, is not fired is an absolute disgrace. Get him the hell out of NY.

bmayuc, Yesterday at 11:54 PMReport
#15UnlikeReply

...go back and read it for yourself..if you can read and comprehend..which at this pointing this thread is debatable! As for why Reese didn't get fired..NYG don't fire GM's..but you would know that if you were a REAL NYG fan and followed the NYG beat writers! They have been writing that for months now! You haven't posted 1 fact that supports that this wasn't Reese's fault except that he drafted OBJ. When you can compete with facts that contradict what has been posted here by myself and @Jerry1714 let us know! But keep it up a s s h a t..you just keep showing what an ignorant NFL football fan you are! You should really stick to UCONN football...

Reaction Score
FDNY99. Read this and take a minute to understand it.

Q. John, are you open to a new head coach who is going to come in and might want to have more of a say in personnel?

JOHN MARA: You say 'more of a say.' This coach had as much of a say as any head coach we ever had. I cannot think of any personnel decisions that we made in the last 12 years that Tom was against. He did not have any players forced upon him at all.

Reaction Score
FDNY99. Read this and take a minute to understand it.

Q. John, are you open to a new head coach who is going to come in and might want to have more of a say in personnel?

JOHN MARA: You say 'more of a say.' This coach had as much of a say as any head coach we ever had. I cannot think of any personnel decisions that we made in the last 12 years that Tom was against. He did not have any players forced upon him at all.
That's fine at the end of the day..the GM and his scouting dept are responsible for giving the coach a list of players to choose from if he had the input. I'm gonna go Nos on you here with sources...a very good friend of mine from work has a younger brother that was the Asst GM in Miami and is now the director of player personnel in Houston. Jerry Reese's rep in the NFL is not that good...in fact it is pretty poor. His talent evaluation skills are among the worst in the league and his is living off of 2 Super Bowls and getting lucky with some reaches in 2 drafts. Hell John Mara said that today..he believes in Reese because he won 2 super bowls. If you mean to tell me that you think that Tom Coughlin who to draft for every one of those picks that I listed before I have a bridge to sell you that goes to Brooklyn! If you are a NYG fan and you think that Jerry Reese doesn't deserve to be fired today with Coughlin..then you flat out don't know football. Coughlin also refused to shake John Mara's hand walking out of the presser today..and Reese got VERY defensive with the press when he was called out during the Q&A. Until Reese gets fired this organization will be the same s h i t over and over each season...barely making the playoffs with a roster full of LB's who wouldn't make the practice squad of the rest of the teams in the league!

Reaction Score
Luckily i have @Palatine blocked because this looks like a doozy. But check out this article from Barnwell a few years ago. its almost impossible by laws of statistical probability to have drafted as poorly as Reese has. Like, he almost couldn't have done as poorly as he has even if he tried his hardest to do so.

The Giants, for 5-7 years now have simply not invested in several positions that have constantly hamstrung them. They spend all their energy/resources on skill position players at the expense of the road graders and toughness players. OL, DL, LB, and TE are just ignored completely.

What this causes is great variability, ups and downs, booms and busts. The reason is simple: OL, DL, LB, and TE aren't flashy or stand-out, but they provide the foundation for every other player to succeed. If you have a great OL, you are in 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 9(a fact I do not have to elaborate on to UConn football fans). If you have great DL/LB, the opposite is true. So when our skill guys make amazing plays or succeed despite our awful foundational players, its streaky and can paper over some of the glaring deficiencies. When they can't be supermen, we lose convincingly.

Here's barnwell's article. read if you dare.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-new-york-football-injured-giants/

Reaction Score
Luckily i have @Palatine blocked because this looks like a doozy. But check out this article from Barnwell a few years ago. its almost impossible by laws of statistical probability to have drafted as poorly as Reese has. Like, he almost couldn't have done as poorly as he has even if he tried his hardest to do so.

The Giants, for 5-7 years now have simply not invested in several positions that have constantly hamstrung them. They spend all their energy/resources on skill position players at the expense of the road graders and toughness players. OL, DL, LB, and TE are just ignored completely.

What this causes is great variability, ups and downs, booms and busts. The reason is simple: OL, DL, LB, and TE aren't flashy or stand-out, but they provide the foundation for every other player to succeed. If you have a great OL, you are in 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 9(a fact I do not have to elaborate on to UConn football fans). If you have great DL/LB, the opposite is true. So when our skill guys make amazing plays or succeed despite our awful foundational players, its streaky and can paper over some of the glaring deficiencies. When they can't be supermen, we lose convincingly.

It is skewed by David Wilson's injury.

And your comment is nonsense, the two of the last three #1 picks were offenive lineman and Richberg was the #2 pick after Beckham 2014. Do you even folllow the Giants? Or do you think offensive lineman are skill players?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You are smart...he just keeps reinforcing how little he knows about the NFL with each post...

Reaction Score
He sucked and would have been gone by the time his contract was up...you really don't have a clue about the NFL or the NYG....and I know you don't follow the NYG beat guys what so ever!!!!

Reaction Score
That's a fact. Losing our #1 so fast affects the numbers.. And what about the res of that post?
Told you I was not going to argue with someone who is as dumb as you are on the subject of the Giants and the NFL. Did not realize you had as bad as a rep on this board as you do, but it is well earned.

Reaction Score

And your comment is nonsense, the two of the last three #1 picks were offenive lineman and Richberg was the #2 pick after Beckham 2014. Do you even folllow the Giants? Or do you think offensive lineman are skill players?
Hey Pal..why don't you call Pat Kirwan and tell him why Coughlin should have been fired and why Jerry Reese is such a GREAT GM
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 3m3 minutes ago
Pat Kirwan on Tom Coughlin "This guy should be admired, and he should have NEVER been fired!" #Giants @Giants

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Call the Maras -who own the team- and ask them why they don't agree with you?
I will actually say something to John Mara when I see him in church next week. He goes to the same church I go to in Rye...
At least I have the b a l l s to say something...calling Pat Kirwan is pretty easy.... I have to say one thing...it's easy to see why you have the rep on here that you do. And you reinforce how much of a moronic you are each and every time you put a finger to the keyboard when making posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom