Congratulations to LSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congratulations to LSU

Reaction Score
Congrats to LSU, they proved all the doubters wrong. I think next season is shaping up to be one of the most compelling in recent memory.

Reaction Score
Congrats to LSU, they proved all the doubters wrong. I think next season is shaping up to be one of the most compelling in recent memory.
Next year, people will beat them up the way they beat Iowa up.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Clark would have followed Reese to the bench taunting her after the game if the roles were reversed
Not sure. Sportsmanship apparently missed the flight to Dallas.

Reaction Score
Jasmine Carson had the game of her life, scoring 21 points in the 1st half. Alexis Morris was unstoppable in the 2nd half. And then Angel Reese stole their glory with yet another episode of shameful taunting. That’s what the headline is now. If I were her teammates, I’d be more than a little annoyed with her.

I know there’s no rule to allow this, but I think the NCAA should suspend her for a few games next November. And the SEC ought to do the same for the beginning of the conference schedule. Kim has shown that she will not rein it in on her end. [Just try to picture what Geno and CD would do if a Husky behaved as badly as this.] Most of all, however, refs ought to be instructed to look for this behavior next season and T up the offenders.

And I am utterly unmoved by attempts to pretend that Caitlin did anything even remotely comparable to what Reese did. Sorry. Didn’t happen.

Reaction Score
Jasmine Carson had the game of her life, scoring 21 points in the 1st half. Alexis Morris was unstoppable in the 2nd half. And then Angel Reese stole their glory with yet another episode of shameful taunting. That’s what the headline is now. If I were her teammates, I’d be more than a little annoyed with her.

I know there’s no rule to allow this, but I think the NCAA should suspend her for a few games next November. And the SEC ought to do the same for the beginning of the conference schedule. Kim has shown that she will not rein it in on her end. [Just try to picture what Geno and CD would do if a Husky behaved as badly as this.] Most of all, however, refs ought to be instructed to look for this behavior next season and T up the offenders.

And I am utterly unmoved by attempts to pretend that Caitlin did anything even remotely comparable to what Reese did. Sorry. Didn’t happen.

Didn't follow lsu this year but is this typical of Angel Reese?

Reaction Score
Jasmine Carson had the game of her life
She probably won't get talked about enough but she may have been the difference in the game. 20+ points off the bench

Happy for her because she has really struggled badly for months now and she had the game of her life.

Reaction Score
Pure coincidence but this LSU winning of the NC feels a lot like the year Uconn beat Louisville for the NC after Louisville unexpectedly beat Kim Mulkey's Baylor team which was considered the best team that year. Even Geno has remarked that is one time that Uconn won the NC without being the best/most talented team.

Reaction Score
Reese’s behavior was beyond horrible. Not to this extent, but she has taunted opposition players all year. It seems that Kim Mulkey has done absolutely nothing to stop it so this is also on Kim as well. Most coaches, particularly HOF coaches would not tolerate this. I can only imagine what Geno, Pat Summitt, Tara, etc. would do if one of their players did what Reese did.

This is bad look for Reese and LSU. Great coach and team but I will not root for them. I would also have second thoughts about a daughter playing there.

Reaction Score
Reese’s behavior was beyond horrible. Not to this extent, but she has taunted opposition players all year. It seems that Kim Mulkey has done absolutely nothing to stop it so this is also on Kim as well. Most coaches, particularly HOF coaches would not tolerate this. I can only imagine what Geno, Pat Summitt, Tara, etc. would do if one of their players did what Reese did.

This is bad look for Reese and LSU. Great coach and team but I will not root for them. I would also have second thoughts about a daughter playing there.
LSU's recruiting is going to tank long term. Rumors around their 24 class is in really bad standing right now and a couple of notable top recruits just dropped them from consideration.

Reaction Score
Her taunting of the player from SC on Saturday. To me, disrespect and classlessness are synonymous
I did not see that in it's full context, so I won't comment on that, but that's sure not what Reese and LSU said was "disrespectful". They made up BS about Iowa letting SC shoot. (Why wouldn't they continue to adopt a defensive strategy that was working?) Seems more like LSU had a grudge that they could not admit publicly.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Viola Davis Hush GIF by PBS SoCal

Reaction Score
LSU's recruiting is going to tank long term. Rumors around their 24 class is in really bad standing right now and a couple of notable top recruits just dropped them from consideration.
Have you celebrated winning the national championship yet?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I've done a 180 on Reese. I like her as a great pro wrestling heel. She's going talk her talk regardless. If it winds people up so much the better.

It's actually funny to me how much pearl-clutching I'm seeing.

I really dislike Mulkey but otherwise I was happy LSU won. South Carolina was embarrassingly inept at outside shooting. Iowa is mediocre defensive team. LSU had a good blend of offense and defense. Inside and outside.

They were able to punish Iowa on the glass like South Carolina did and they hit 3s to keep Iowa's defense honest like South Carolina couldn't.

Reaction Score

Reese’s behavior was hilarious. It’s “she’s just a fiery competitor” when Clark does it, but lots of people suddenly have a problem when Angel Reese gives the same gesture right back. Had to shut down the Reese thread before y’all made my poor dog lose his hearing.

Reaction Score
The refs were terrible but Iowa lost this game in the second quarter.
Touch fouls everywhere are better than touch fouls on the perimeter, murder in the paint. They also called the offensive push offs and elbows on screens. All in all, a huge improvement from Friday night.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to LSU, but the referees so completely took over the game that it’s hard to call it a game. It was more like a referee event with a game trying to break out.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to LSU, but the referees so completely took over the game that it’s hard to call it a game. It was more like a referee event with a game trying to break out.
I agree that the refereeing was atrocious but LSU won this game in the 2nd quarter with three of their own starters on the bench with foul trouble. The technical on Clark definitely hurt but Iowa couldn't get enough defensive stops in order to truly mount a comeback.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doesn't LSU have 9 though. Including4 starters and 5 of top 6. Bad with that many mercenaries.

Several. Kim tried to make over the team quickly, and the portal was the easiest way.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Nah it’s completely different. Clark hit her 6th 3 and was walking off the court. Angel Reese followed her around the court taunting her, don’t understand how that would be similar at all. If Reese hit a shot over Clark and did it in the flow of the game that’d be awesome, but yeah that’s not what happened. She seeked out Clark at the end of the game, followed her around for 30 seconds and taunted her. How is that the same?
So many of you only saw what was shown on TV. I was there. I can tell you that Reese did not follow Clark for 30 seconds. She did the “can’t see me” sign a little too long, but not that long; however, I understand her frustration. TV didn’t show Clark mouthing off (at both SC and LSU), and you didn’t see Clark do the “you can’t see me”to Alexis Morris during the game. All these girls are pretty aggressive and passionate. They all motivated themselves in different ways. This is girls being competitive! Let’s please not bad mouth these girls. TV ratings were high for this tournament and that’s great for women’s BB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom