Congratulations to LSU | The Boneyard

Congratulations to LSU

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Kim Mulkey and the LSU team for winning the NCAA championship. A great accomplishment indeed. They had unreal 3 point shooting in the first half and after they got Iowa into foul trouble, they attacked the basket in the second. Clark still had a great game and Iowa should be proud of the season they have had.

Onto next season!!

Reaction Score
As a LSU fan I apologize for the classless of Reese. She needs to grow up, but I hope it doesn't disparage the hard work the other kids put in.

I don't think any of Kim's Baylor teams ever had a player like that...

Hasn't impacted the team culture but on the court it gets embarrassing. I'm for celebrating but have some humility.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Angel Reese continually taunting Clark at the end of the game is classless. I’ve tried so hard to like her but literally following Clark around waving her hand in her face is trash, not once but twice. During the game flow it’s all fun and games but that’s just poor sportsmanship. Good on Clark for not reacting.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
As a LSU fan I apologize for the classless of Reese. She needs to grow up, but I hope it doesn't disparage the hard work the other kids put in.

I don't think any of Kim's Baylor teams ever had a player like that...
I don’t say this lightly, she’s the most unlikeable player I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if anyone here has listened to the chasing perfection podcast this year, but the female co host said all year she couldn’t see Iowa as a contender due to their defense. That part came out today against lsu. But she also said LSU was overrated all year long, yet here we are.

One of the more unpredictable tournaments, and one that really drew the attention of many. Nobody, not even the media talking heads, we’re able to predict it this year, which is great for the game.

All props to Kim Mulkey. She’s a tremendous coach, and really pulled the rabbit out of the hat. Perhaps the first Transfer Portal National Champion! But in all seriousness, congratulations to Kim and LSU. What a great year for WCBB.

Reaction Score
Disappointing game. Iowa looked tired after the 1st quarter. LSU shot the lights out in the 1st half, including 9-10 on 3s. Alexis Morris was unstoppable in the 2nd half. Referring was absurd in the 3rd.

You can’t win a game if your opponent shoots almost 100% from 3.

Oh, yeah, and Angel Reese foolishly showed what a dreadful person she is. Time for her to grow. Or, more precisely, long past time.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Fine with taking Reese to task for being classless, but need to take Clark to task for her classlessness as well.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Reaction Score
Yeah even as a LSU fan, Reese stresses me because its just not needed. But I don’t think that should take away from how LSU performed today. They played an excellent game. Everyone who stepped on the court had an impact. They may talk a lot stuff, but they backed it up. You have to tip your cap to them.

Reaction Score
5-C2-F3-ADE-255-F-4-CE3-90-C2-39-F652-E475-BC.jpg

I mean you are correct. Two wrongs don't make a right though
Nah it’s completely different. Clark hit her 6th 3 and was walking off the court. Angel Reese followed her around the court taunting her, don’t understand how that would be similar at all. If Reese hit a shot over Clark and did it in the flow of the game that’d be awesome, but yeah that’s not what happened. She seeked out Clark at the end of the game, followed her around for 30 seconds and taunted her. How is that the same?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
All props to Kim Mulkey. She’s a tremendous coach, and really pulled the rabbit out of the hat. Perhaps the first Transfer Portal National Champion! But in all seriousness, congratulations to Kim and LSU. What a great year for WCBB.

Transfer players who were instrumental in national championships:

Shannon Bobbitt

Alisha Gray and Kaela Davis

Jessica Shepard

Chloe Jackson

Kamilla Cardoso

Having a transfer help a team get over the hump is actually quite common in recent years.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Congrats to LSU but not gonna lie it feels kind of icky based on how the game was reffed and seeing Reese taunt Clark at the end. Do it during the game when it’s competitive, not after you’ve won the game. I’ve defended Angel a lot but that was extremely classless and just a bad look. The reffing completely sucked the life out of the game in the 3rd. Clark getting the 4th but no T for Mulkey was beyond ridiculous and completely changed the trajectory of the game. Congrats to LSU, Kim is a heck of a coach and deserves all the praise. The rest of the players seem like great kids and the Alexis Morris story culminating with a championship is pretty special.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Apparently the national championship players are excused from going through the handshake line?
Kim (and her staff I believe) went through the line. None of her players did. I can’t imagine any of them wanted to high 5 Reese seconds after she taunted them in the final seconds.

Reaction Score
Didn’t feel comfortable about this game, as I knew I’d be disappointed whoever won. Never have been a Mulkey fan, and Clark showed no character in her disrespect for her opponent- doubt very much Geno would have tolerated that. Disappointing end to a disappointing season.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Transfer players who were instrumental in national championships:

Shannon Bobbitt

Alisha Gray and Kaela Davis

Jessica Shepard

Chloe Jackson

Kamilla Cardoso

Having a transfer help a team get over the hump is actually quite common in recent years.
Doesn't LSU have 9 though. Including4 starters and 5 of top 6. Bad with that many mercenaries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom