Congratulations to LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Congratulations to LSU

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Doesn't LSU have 9 though. Including4 starters and 5 of top 6. Bad with that many mercenaries.
6 transfers, 9 new players on the roster this year (freshmen included). I don't see how this can be viewed as a negative in regards to Kim though. She graduated 6 seniors, is in her 2nd year at LSU and only had 3 returning players on the roster. How else is she supposed to build up her roster other than utilizing the portal?

Reaction Score
The difference between SC losing and LSU winning is pretty obvious imo, and the difference is 3-point shooting. SC went 4-20 and LSU went 11-17, which opened up space for LSU to penetrate inside as well. I don't think Iowa was significantly better in the SC game than the LSU game but LSU just played them a lot better than SC did.

Reaction Score
I agree that the refereeing was atrocious but LSU won this game in the 2nd quarter with three of their own starters on the bench with foul trouble. The technical on Clark definitely hurt but Iowa couldn't get enough defensive stops in order to truly mount a comeback.
Yeah, with Caitlin Clark sitting on the bench with 3:26 in the first half. And I don’t think Reese impacts the pace of the game like Clark does. I watched ND down 13 at the half beat Mississippi State at the half in the 2018 final, but none of the stars on either teams were sitting on the bench.

We’ll never know though, because the referees took over the game. Pitiful that this happened in a Championship game, but I’m of the Al McGuire school that refs shouldn’t effect the game by neutering star players , and that goes for Clark and Reese. It was a pitiful display of refereeing.

Reaction Score
So many of you only saw what was shown on TV. I was there. I can tell you that Reese did not follow Clark for 30 seconds. She did the “can’t see me” sign a little too long, but not that long; however, I understand her frustration. TV didn’t show Clark mouthing off (at both SC and LSU), and you didn’t see Clark do the “you can’t see me”to Alexis Morris during the game. All these girls are pretty aggressive and passionate. They all motivated themselves in different ways. This is girls being competitive! Let’s please not bad mouth these girls. TV ratings were high for this tournament and that’s great for women’s BB.
Yes I’m absolutely going off what I saw. How would I do it otherwise? Reese did it two times. She hunted Clark down and followed her around the backcourt doing it. The first time I thought was obnoxious but hey whatever, the second time was excessive and should have been a technical but the game was already decided. Until I see anyone else saw they saw what you saw I just don’t believe it. You are the only person who is claiming this.

I’m sure Clark did mouth off during the game, I saw Reese do the same, again that stuff is in the flow of the game don’t really think it matters. To go out of your way to taunt a player when the game is already decided is horrible sportsmanship no matter who does it.

Reaction Score
I haven’t read anything that would indicate either Caitlin Clark or Coach B had any problem with what Reese did. Quite the opposite, they seemed to shrug the whole thing off. Congrats to LSU, a hell of an offensive show!

Reaction Score
I think that Reese should have given Clark a kiss for beating South Carolina because no way LSU beats the Gamecocks.
There should be technical fouls for taunting and bumping into refs and technicals for "Delay of Game" should be assessed against the team and not one player.

Reaction Score
I haven’t read anything that would indicate either Caitlin Clark or Coach B had any problem with what Reese did. Quite the opposite, they seemed to shrug the whole thing off. Congrats to LSU, a hell of an offensive show!
I read Caitlin’s remarks in the post game presser exactly the opposite way. She shrugged it off because she knew taking the high road would leave it all on Reese. It’s a very astute move, and I’d bet Bluder explained this to her beforehand.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
So many of you only saw what was shown on TV. I was there. I can tell you that Reese did not follow Clark for 30 seconds. She did the “can’t see me” sign a little too long, but not that long; however, I understand her frustration. TV didn’t show Clark mouthing off (at both SC and LSU), and you didn’t see Clark do the “you can’t see me”to Alexis Morris during the game. All these girls are pretty aggressive and passionate. They all motivated themselves in different ways. This is girls being competitive! Let’s please not bad mouth these girls. TV ratings were high for this tournament and that’s great for women’s BB.
skilz, I received a completely different report from my cousin who was at the final game and was texting me during halftime and afterwards during the awards ceremony. She was behind the Iowa bench and had eyes on Caitlin Clark not only throughout the game, but during the time outs as well. She reported that Caitlin seemed to be getting frustrated with the hand-checking as well as with the face-guarding, as evidenced by Caitlin's exasperated gestures in the team huddles.

I imagine that if your account of Caitlin Clark "mouthing off (at both SC and LSU)" has any merit, then we should expect to see some Twitter or Instagram evidence posted in the next few days. Until then, count me among the many millions of viewers who saw what was on TV - namely, a very bad look.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She probably won't get talked about enough but she may have been the difference in the game. 20+ points off the bench

Happy for her because she has really struggled badly for months now and she had the game of her life.

She was incredible. Even my non-WBB fan friend was impressed

Reaction Score
Its funny seeing all the LSU players and fans that watched Iowa only during the tournament taking it personally that Iowa wasn't defending the perimeter. That is literally just Iowa's defense, they lose shooters on the perimeter all the time. Ask Azzi Fudd about Iowa's perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
Its funny seeing all the LSU players and fans that watched Iowa only during the tournament taking it personally that Iowa wasn't defending the perimeter. That is literally just Iowa's defense, they lose shooters on the perimeter all the time. Ask Azzi Fudd about Iowa's perimeter defense.
That statement about Iowa’s defense against South Carolina disrespects LSU makes no sense whatsoever! I still fail to understand how they came up with that one….

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
6 transfers, 9 new players on the roster this year (freshmen included). I don't see how this can be viewed as a negative in regards to Kim though. She graduated 6 seniors, is in her 2nd year at LSU and only had 3 returning players on the roster. How else is she supposed to build up her roster other than utilizing the portal?
So she in need of players first 2 years only brings in 3 each year, no juniors stayed and only one senior. How about recruiting better and bringing in a couple of transfer to fill in the roster. So her 6 recruits plus 1 senior 2 transfers that's 8. Maybe she takes her lumps for a few years. If thinking the free agency going on now in BB is good I don't agree.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
What is on the news today is the LSU players actions and the bad officiating. Neither a good look for the game.

Reaction Score
That statement about Iowa’s defense against South Carolina disrespects LSU makes no sense whatsoever! I still fail to understand how they came up with that one….
Was just in the process replying to @hoopsnloops32 then I saw your reply. Yeah, this LSU bunch got "disrespected" before they even played Iowa.

Reaction Score
I want to add my congrats to LSU in this thread.

Really sort of remarkable thing to happen. Very painful to see, but congrats.

I thought Reese would have been a reasonable choice for SEC and NPOY.

The schedule certainly drew a lot of criticism but obviously that matters not at all now.

I can say that Reese isn't my favorite personally, but she's awfully good.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
What is on the news today is the LSU players actions and the bad officiating. Neither a good look for the game.
Controversy creates cash. All the discussion about Angel Reese and her gestures to Clark are great for the game. It gets people talking.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Leaving shooters completely wide open means that you don't respect their ability to shoot. Hence, "disrespectful".

This is Morris' quote:

"I don't think you can just leave me open on the perimeter or leave us open on the perimeter. Me personally, I find it very disrespectful, so I'm going to take that personally going into that game. You're going to have to guard us."

To me, her meaning is clear. You can't disrespect our shooting ability and intentionally leave our players open because we can actually shoot.

Reaction Score
I know there’s no rule to allow this, but I think the NCAA should suspend her for a few games next November. And the SEC ought to do the same for the beginning of the conference schedule. Kim has shown that she will not rein it in on her end. [Just try to picture what Geno and CD would do if a Husky behaved as badly as this.] Most of all, however, refs ought to be instructed to look for this behavior next season and T up the offenders.
I hope some WNBA coaches or owners can watch Angel Reese's taunting video and say something...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Controversy creates cash. All the discussion about Angel Reese and her gestures to Clark are great for the game. It gets people talking.

It was the lead story on last night's CBS Sports Radio show at 10pm. It was a huge topic of discussion this morning on the Dan Patrick Show. Holly Rowe came on the show and talked about it as well. The Afternoon Triangle Sports show led with it. The afternoon Triad Sports Show had a segment about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom