Congrats Iowa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congrats Iowa

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Iowa just completely exposed SC’s lack of 3-point shooting. Great game plan by their coaches

The game plan was absolutely brilliant. They were so outmanned inside but fought hard defensively, clogged the paint, got a ton of deflections and ultimately prevented SC but getting easy buckets inside. Offensively they pulled SC’s big out of the paint and no one could handle Clark 1 on 1. When they switched, the big rolled and Clark found her for an easy bucket time and again. Perfectly executed basketball.

Reaction Score
The game plan was absolutely brilliant. They were so outmanned inside but fought hard defensively, clogged the paint, got a ton of deflections and ultimately prevented SC but getting easy buckets inside. Offensively they pulled SC’s big out of the paint and no one could handle Clark 1 on 1. When they switched, the big rolled and Clark found her for an easy bucket time and again. Perfectly executed basketball.
I think Iowa has one of, if not the best, post coaches in the country. Their bigs improve so much over their careers.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed by Boston’s composure in the post game presser. I’m 95% sure she is coming back.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed by Boston’s composure in the post game presser. I’m 95% sure she is coming back.
I don’t think she is, she was already talking about how it’s Raven’s team now

Reaction Score
Why? That's pretty lame if she does.she graduated. She's won everything she could win at SC. She'll be the clear #1pick and make a lot more money playing pro ball between salary and NIL. I'm sure cardosa wants to start next year as well.

Reaction Score
Even while acknowledging that Clark is the best player in WCBB this year, I never truly believed that they'd actually get over the hump to win this game. Incredible work from Clark and Iowa.

With hindsight, I guess if there was going to be a group to do it, it might as well have been this one. Hasn't pretty much the entire core of Iowa's team been playing together for years now? That kind of group can be sneakily dangerous as an underdog, especially when led by an assassin like Clark.

Reaction Score

You Cant See Me College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
Why? That's pretty lame if she does.she graduated. She's won everything she could win at SC. She'll be the clear #1pick and make a lot more money playing pro ball between salary and NIL. I'm sure cardosa wants to start next year as well.
I actually think she’ll make more with NIL at SC than a rookie W salary.

Reaction Score
Apparently SC fans think that Dawn was too loyal to Saxton and Fletcher and that both should’ve been benched to start the second half, can’t say I disagree with them…

Reaction Score
Congrats to Iowa they never let So Carolina go on any long runs to take control of the Game.

However, I'm shocked at the Defense Game Plan that Dawn and her coaches drew up tonight. Caitlin Clark had free run most of the night. If I'm Dawn, I'm shadowing or double teaming Caitlin on most of the night. Caitlin throughout the game was able to get passes whenever she wanted to. Dawn has the players to play better defense on Caitlin.
Oh, really. You don't think she tried that?

Reaction Score
And without being smoking hot from three which I thought they would have to be to be in it.

Clark is crazy fun to watch play.
I'm a Connecticut boy, but I just love the love Iowa fans have for their teams, even their in-state rivals. Great post, ISUnorth.

Reaction Score
Apparently SC fans think that Dawn was too loyal to Saxton and Fletcher and that both should’ve been benched to start the second half, can’t say I disagree with them…
I would agree. I honestly thought their best post this season was Cardoso. Without shooters, teams clogged the lane. But at 6 ft 7, Cardoso can reach airspace nobody else can. Boston is strong, but not as tall. I thought she was impacted most by the graduation of Henderson.

And Johnson provided much more than Fletcher, at least in big games against Uconn, LSU and Iowa.

Reaction Score
I would agree. I honestly thought their best post this season was Cardoso. Without shooters, teams clogged the lane. But at 6 ft 7, Cardoso can reach airspace nobody else can. Boston is strong, but not as tall. I thought she was impacted most by the graduation of Henderson.

And Johnson provided much more than Fletcher, at least in big games against Uconn, LSU and Iowa.
The loss of Henderson definitely hurt them today, especially her 3-point shooting

Reaction Score
49 SC rebounds to 25 IA rebounds, and Iowa still wins - incredible
Also, USC out shot Iowa 77 to 57. These stats just don't point to an Iowa victory.
Offensively Iowa's starters outside of Clark and Czinano don't show up in the stat sheet, but they played their guts out.
A truly historic upset.

Reaction Score
Last question, why on earth did South Carolina allow Clark and Czinano to get so many wide open layups without a defensive adjustment? Poor coaching job by Staley tonight imo

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Plus overseas salary?

She can (and would) still get huge endorsement deals as a pro.
Plus, the sooner she enters the W, the sooner she can get through her rookie scale contract and sign for much more money. The money she might be giving up in year 1 would be made up for at the end of her career.

I, for one, think Boston might enjoy playing in a league where there is such a thing called "defensive 3 seconds."

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark. Sheesh.
Congrats to Iowa. You deserve it this year.

I disagree with a poster here. We did not play satisfactory in any way today. The passes were not crisp, the effort wasn’t there on defense, the focus was nonexistent. Some of our turnovers were uncharacteristically bad. Zia, who was the only bright spot tonight, literally threw one ball across the court to somebody in the stands. And that wasn’t even the worst turnover, that was just the one that made me nearly choke on my wings so it’s very memorable at this moment. Not sure how you come into a final four game unfocused, but we got the shellshocking of our lives tonight.

Good luck, LSU. You’re going to need it. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom