2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’d just go all in on Cliff and Cam because we have Carlton and Akok(maybe) for next season already who can give you minutes at the 5. But Andre Cliff and Cam would just be too program changing to not pursue. If you feel like you’re in a good spot with Cliff and are still on his trimmed list come 10/11 and you feel a similar vibe from Cam on his OV that Andre did, then that should be the plan. That’s gonna be a very good basketball team come next year.

Reaction Score
Pressure but also the complete assurance that they’ll take him as their second big in the Spring, too. Got his primary guard target, able to fly again to see players- Dan’s having a pretty good day!

Hopefully he can use this momentum with Cam. I know you stated it’ll be an uphill battle but I’ll still hold out hope until he commits somewhere else.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I would love to land Big Cliff, but right now I see our better chances at securing a big this fall is either Cardwell or Brown-Fergusan. We can still land Cliff in the spring if we wait on the open scollie but highly unlikely this fall. I hope I'm wrong and the staff pulls off something special, which would be awesome. All in all, its a beautiful day in Ct.

Reaction Score
Pressure but also the complete assurance that they’ll take him as their second big in the Spring, too. Got his primary guard target, able to fly again to see players- Dan’s having a pretty good day!
He thinks so too.

Reaction Score
The way I see it:

Get me one of Thomas/Richmond
Get me one of Cliff/Cardwell

They should be able to pull that off.

I'm also of the belief that I think Thomas might be a better/easier get at this point than people realize
Agreed but Brown Ferguson > Cardwell

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Agree that the staff is looking at thomas/richmond for a spot.

I think they try and push for Cliff now but end up signing Cardwell in the early period (nothing original there). I would hope they keep the gas on Cliff at all times and have a very legit chance of signing him in the spring for the third spot.

In between Cardwell and Cliff, Im thinking Coach will be continuing to gauge and stoke the interest of Javonte Brown Ferguson, whose set to make decisions (at least on classification) in the new year. The real crunch becomes if you've committed to Cardwell, and Brown Ferguson decides early in 2020 hes making the jump and doesn't want to watch postseason ball from the jumbotron at allen field house.

I’d think you’d have to give Cliff the ultimatum and lock Javonte Brown Ferguson up. Him and Cardwell with a year to develop behind Carlton and Akok is a hell of a potential front court.

If only one of the above end up coming to Storrs, with the recent visits I’d bet you’d see Mac Etienne jump to reclassify and commit late in the recruitment period, similar to Springs this year.

Either way it’s fun to be considered a legit contender in all of these conversations again.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Cliff got another CB on 247, anyone have VIP access. I'm thinking brother Hurley may be getting a leg up on Danny with this one but what do I know

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cliff got another CB on 247, anyone have VIP access. I'm think brother Hurley may be getting a leg up on Danny with this one but what do I know
Brian Snow picked ASU. It says locked but it's 33% for each of UK, Rutgers and ASU so process of elimination lol.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
correct- its actually not unlocking for VIP at the moment either- I just messaged 247- it is clearly for ASU by process of deduction as said above

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
An added benefit to landing a top prospect is that it gives you a little more confidence, a little pep in your step, to go after other recruits.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The staff is recruiting three bigs.

I’m guessing they’re doing so because they believe all three can play - it’s not July with Kevin Ollie, so desperation is not a factor in choosing any of these kids.

If one wants to commit, take him.

Reaction Score
I guess cross St. John’s off the list.
Picture is too large to upload apparently. But on Cliffs ig story Posh Alexander, a St. John’s commit said “I know we not teaming up in college but miss you my guy!” So we made the top 12

Reaction Score

I’m guessing they’re doing so because they believe all three can play - it’s not July with Kevin Ollie, so desperation is not a factor in choosing any of these kids.

Wow TYSM. The value you add is consistent.

Reaction Score

The current recruiting situation is showing just how desperate KO was at some points during his tenure. I still love the guy, but SMH...

Reaction Score
I guess cross St. John’s off the list.
Picture is too large to upload apparently. But on Cliffs ig story Posh Alexander, a St. John’s commit said “I know we not teaming up in college but miss you my guy!” So we made the top 12
Lmao poor St. johns always gets wrecked by NY/NJ kids feeling bad and putting them in their top list but never actually going there

Reaction Score
Rivals.com’s Corey Evans made a public prediction in favor of Arizona State last week. 247Sports national analyst Brian Snow made a Crystal Ball pick for the Sun Devils on Thursday.

“It’s just some rumors swirling right now,” Evans told the Herald-Leader. “But the thing is: he is not signing early. If he signs early, it’s going to take a lot for one specific program — they have to do some damage in the next few weeks. So there is going to be some time before a commitment happens.”

Evans noted that Omoruyi — ranked No. 54 by Rivals — took an official visit to Auburn last month, then canceled some of his other planned trips. UK assistant coach Tony Barbee recently visited his high school — the alma mater of Kahlil Whitney and Isaiah Briscoe — but there has been no confirmation that John Calipari has been there this fall.

“They want to see how the season plays out,” Evans said. “And they want to see — everyone is saying they want him, but who is really, really going to show it to them throughout the last five or six months before the late signing period?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom