2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can those advocating for signing Javonte Brown Ferguson and continue to push for Cliff explain how this would work with our roster construction? If a 3rd scholarship opens up it means Gilbert is gone.

Using 2 scholarships on bigs leaves us with a backcourt of Cole, Gaffney, Bouk, BAdams for next season. We need depth there if Gilbert leaves, IMO.

EDIT: could include Jackson in backcourt as well but still think another lead guard that can score is very important for us.
You should always recruit and aim to bring in more than your present scholarship situation allows for.

Reaction Score
Don't see the issue with Javonte Brown Ferguson v Cliff. Javonte Brown Ferguson will be on the bench behind him, and when Cliff leaves after a year Javonte Brown Ferguson can take over.
That’s my take exactly. These kids want no threat, crazy to me. Just come in and win your spot

Reaction Score
Can't wait. Being in the lead now when he has his heart set on somewhere else really means nothing. Even if Kentucky doesn't work out for him, who knows how he'll feel when he has to truly consider and make a decision about the other options.

Reaction Score
You should always recruit and aim to bring in more than your present scholarship situation allows for.
I get that. Recruiting a 3rd guy for ‘20 is already aiming to bring in 1 more than our current situation allows for. In which case, I think a guard is more pertinent for that 3rd spot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't see the issue with Javonte Brown Ferguson v Cliff. Javonte Brown Ferguson will be on the bench behind him, and when Cliff leaves after a year Javonte Brown Ferguson can take over.
Or we can play both when we need to bully teams

C

Chief00

I was given some bittersweet info on Cliff. I was told at the moment we lead, even “greatly lead.” However, the staff is going all out to get Javonte Brown Ferguson and that could potentially mean the end of Cliff’s interest in us. While we lead, it’s the Kentucky offer he’s holding out hope for. We will see. If I had to option to take Javonte Brown Ferguson now or hold and wait for Cliff, I’ll take Javonte Brown Ferguson. A big man is the biggest need for 2020...
That’s mostly true, but with that set of facts UK leads for Cliff not us. UK is also going after Bigs and he’s not their top choice or else he would have committed to them. It’s all about the NBA lottery balls and how that plays out for the current UK guys.

Now if you argue UK won’t take him in the Spring, then we would lead. Of course, Chief has been around The Grind longer than Cliff and I can only imagine the number of guys Calipari is making similar promises to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If Georgetown can sign 5 centers on their roster surely we can snag 2 in one class to bring us up to a total of 3. Guys line up for Kentucky offers to be able to be 3rd string, it’s all about who’s “in” at any given time. UConn moving to the BE might be enough buzz for us to snag both Cliff and Javonte Brown Ferguson. Let’s get it done. You sell Cliff on making a championship run his freshman year, sell Javonte Brown Ferguson as our starting center of the future (once Cliff is gone).

Reaction Score
That’s mostly true, but with that set of facts UK leads for Cliff not us. UK is also going after Bigs and he’s not their top choice or else he would have committed to them. It’s all about the NBA lottery balls and how that plays out for the current UK guys.

Now if you argue UK won’t take him in the Spring, then we would lead. Of course, Chief has been around The Grind longer than Cliff and I can only imagine the number of guys Calipari is making similar promises to.

@JimHurley literally said if UK offers then Cliff will go to UK over UConn... and of course this would imply that if offered UK is in the lead. The fact he hasn't been offered by UK also means he is not UK's "top choice"...

You literally added no new info but at the same time tried to "correct" @JimHurley info... lol. Smh

Reaction Score

What I’m saying is if Cliff had choose right now it’d be us. If you’d like me to word it better, we lead based on his CURRENT offers.

Reaction Score

Cal has told Brown who is a big from Texas that he will make him a lottery pick.
Cal is a great salesman

Reaction Score
Omoruyi and Roselle Catholic playing the Patrick School on YES right now.

Side note, Jonathan Kuminga plays for the Patrick School. He looks like an animal from the small sample size I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
Cal has told Brown who is a big from Texas that he will make him a lottery pick.
Cal is a great salesman
Cal Is the most overrated coach in cbb in the 30 years ive been watching it. I crack up when people/recruits say he puts guys in the NBA. Well not s@%t! When you have one and done talent recruits by the handful every season those guys are going to be lottery picks based on talent alone. When you can recruit 3 and 4 stars and develop them into NBA players and lottery picks while winning big then get at me with him being such a great developer of talent. Btw this comment isnt aimed at you as I agree hes the best car salesman in the business.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Super interesting to me that Kentucky didn't make it to this game. If they really wanted Cliff, this would've been a very efficient game for them to also see their top 21 target. Maybe they're out on Cliff?

Reaction Score
Super interesting to me that Kentucky didn't make it to this game. If they really wanted Cliff, this would've been a very efficient game for them to also see their top 21 target. Maybe they're out on Cliff?
This kid and his many handlers have turned his recruitment into a convoluted mess.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They’ve been going after TJ Thor more heavily recently and there’s some speculation that they may try to get a 2021 like Cisse or diabate to reclass. For whatever reason they don’t seem to be completely sold on Cliff. With that said I don’t think that he’s going to be a husky either we’ll have seemingly 4 different players on next year’s roster who could play the 5. Guard depth, ball handling really, seems to be a bigger immediate need. We’re going harder after 21 and 22 bigs and haven’t dedicated a lot of time or resources lately to Cliff.

Reaction Score
He's not an animal, they are not handlers, they are advisors.
He has handlers, don't be a snowflake about it. Third bullet.

Per dictionary.com
a person who trains or manages another person.
  • a person who trains and acts as second to a boxer.
  • a publicity agent.
  • a person who advises on and directs the activities of a politician or other public figure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom