2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes but he's been all over the map on that. He's said in the past he's committing on his birthday, Oct. 11th. Once Andre officially makes it official we'll see if we can speed Cliff along.
He only said he was trimming his list on that date (at least this summer). If he’s waiting until the spring that points to him wanting to see who leaves UK in the draft. Regardless, I think at that point the risk is too large to not try to close on Cardwell. Whoever we get is likely going to have to be our starter two years from now.

I do think I’d stay on Cliff though. I mean we only have one center on the roster, so it’s far from preposterous that we’d want 2 in the class.

Reaction Score
He only said he was trimming his list on that date (at least this summer). If he’s waiting until the spring that points to him wanting to see who leaves UK in the draft. Regardless, I think at that point the risk is too large to not try to close on Cardwell. Whoever we get is likely going to have to be our starter two years from now.

I do think I’d stay on Cliff though. I mean we only have one center on the roster, so it’s far from preposterous that we’d want 2 in the class.
From June 25th
Screenshot_20190928-110721_Chrome.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They have revised the infraction penalty guide to consider that...

5-15-4.Financial Penalty. Pursuant to Bylaws 19.9.5 and 19.9.5.2, consistent with Figure 19-1, absent extenuating circumstances under Bylaw 19.9.6 and after determining the appropriate classification based on any aggravating and mitigating factors, hearing panels shall prescribe financial penalties as a core penalty when a panel concludes that an institution or involved individual associated with a sport program committed one or more Level I or Level II violations. If those financial penalties include an additional percentage of the sport program's budget, that percentage will be applied to the average of the sport program's previous three total budgets. Based on the financial penalty prescribed, an institution shall be required to calculate and identify its total financial penalty in its preliminary compliance report. The OCOI will provide that total to the NCAA accounting office, which will provide the institution with an invoice. Institutions shall be required to pay the invoice within 30 days of receipt of the invoice. COI practice does not permit an institution to retain any portion of its financial penalty in lieu of paying the invoice. (Effective: 2/27/2015, Adopted: 4/30/2015; Revised: 2/19/2016, Adopted: 3/21/2016; Revised: 3/26/2019, Adopted: 6/12/2019)

So can't they just change the upcoming budget to account for the shortfall? Financial penalties are kinda worthless imo.

pj

Reaction Score
IMHO, Omoruyi sees us as a plan B and Cardwell is the only legitimate shot we have.

Plan B is not bad -- much better than plan M in his list of 13 -- but it means we have to go all in to get a commitment from Cardwell.

Reaction Score
We are in a very good spot with Cardwell.

I hope so, but all I have heard from him is how much he and his family love the south, and that they were so happy to have him transfer back home to McEachern High in Atlanta. This leads me to believe that getting him out of the south, and to Storrs, is going to be an uphill battle.

Reaction Score
I hope so, but all I have heard from him is how much he and his family love the south, and that they were so happy to have him transfer back home to McEachern High in Atlanta. This leads me to believe that getting him out of the south, and to Storrs, is going to be an uphill battle.

It's Vandy, Georgia, or UConn. If his family cares about his future basketball career, they know the best choice...

Reaction Score
Not what I am hearing. But we will see.

Reaction Score
Would definitely pursue Cliff if we feel we are in a good spot. Time will tell how we stand with him. If we miss there we should focus on Kepnag next year

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Would definitely pursue Cliff if we feel we are in a good spot. Time will tell how we stand with him. If we miss there we should focus on Kepnag next year

We'll be without Carlton and possibly Akok that year. Need another good post in the pipeline before that.

C

Chief00

Exactly.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
how many people actually really know what's going on with any recruits? posters who several months ago never posted anything about recruits, now all of a sudden are in the know. There are only a couple who have been saying consistent for years. Am I wrong or just haven't been paying attention?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
how many people actually really know what's going on with any recruits? posters who several months ago never posted anything about recruits, now all of a sudden are in the know. There are only a couple who have been saying consistent for years. Am I wrong or just haven't been paying attention?

There are some younger guys who keep up with the kids. And there are a couple who are involved in the AAU scene. Some others might be connected with the new staff. And I'm sure there's a few who piggy back or blow smoke.

Reaction Score
@Zionn, @BFieldHusky, @superjohn, @Chief00 and @CallMeBruce

AFAIK the only one who's never been wrong is Zionn.
Bruce will always be legendary for sniping Sterling Gibbs in my book. I’d add NJHoops too, who’s great here and has a link with the Hurley family, from what I can infer.

Shame 99 doesn’t post anymore and 3 got run off years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr